Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angbadang)
    How is a piece of quantitative data valid?
    She just told me her answers I'm not sure about the thought processes behind the answers I thinks she meant that because it's numerical and easy to analyse it makes the points valid idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloeexoxo)
    Thank you! I wrote that China's policy has been abolished and how it affected children who were born before it was abolished and after and for the official statistics I did mention that forgot to include it in this though
    yeah, you might get away with it if you linked it like that, but if I was the examiner I wouldn't give you the marks tbh (unless the mark scheme says otherwise, ofc)

ReputationRep:
    does official statistics allow for hypothesis testing?:/

ReputationRep:
    i didn't have time to write a conclusion for my 20 marker too; will that affect my grade?

ReputationRep:
    well that was AWFUL😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    1. Completely misread the question :/

2. I wrote about:
    • Representativeness
    • Reliability
    •Practical- easy to obtain, saves time and money
    • I also included a few disadvantages on the end of each paragraph but then linked it back to the original question of advantages so I'm not sure if that's right?

8. Serial Monogamy- Having only one partner in a relationship however having them consecutively?

9. Exploitation- Dual Burden

10. Delay childbirth-
    • Contraception
    • Career- Women having paid jobs
    • Financial- Can't afford the upbringing at a young age?

11. 2 Government policies affecting childhood:
    • Laws against child labour
    • Compulsory schooling

12. Not sure how to explain this but just wrote about Marxist and weighed it up with other sociologist theories

Can somebody give me an idea of how well I did, thanks! How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    did anybody to do health - section b??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy912)
    1. Completely misread the question :/

2. I wrote about:
    • Representativeness
    • Reliability
    •Practical- easy to obtain, saves time and money
    • I also included a few disadvantages on the end of each paragraph but then linked it back to the original question of advantages so I'm not sure if that's right?

8. Serial Monogamy- Having only one partner in a relationship however having them consecutively?

9. Exploitation- Dual Burden

10. Delay childbirth-
    • Contraception
    • Career- Women having paid jobs
    • Financial- Can't afford the upbringing at a young age?

11. 2 Government policies affecting childhood:
    • Laws against child labour
    • Compulsory schooling

12. Not sure how to explain this but just wrote about Marxist and weighed it up with other sociologist theories

Can somebody give me an idea of how well I did, thanks! How did everyone find it?
    Well taking into account these bullet points and depending on how well you evalutated on the 20m i would say low 30marks / mid 30marks which is a B)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrickbates)
    Well taking into account these bullet points and depending on how well you evalutated on the 20m i would say low 30marks / mid 30marks which is a B)
    Thank you! I hope so

ReputationRep:
    i did the whole marxist 20 marker without saying any sociologists? did i throw all my marks in the bin??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXAMSRESS2015)
    i didn't have time to write a conclusion for my 20 marker too; will that affect my grade?
    Not by much, as long as the rest of your 20 mark question is too a good standard you will only drop a couple marks

ReputationRep:
    RM-

4 marker ; consent & protection from harm explained each

16 marker ; Advantages;
    1. Secondary data
    2. Saves time & money
    3. Easy to access
    4. Official so is reliable & representative5. Doesn't break ethical issues

Evaluated with ; disadvantages
    1. Don't get enough depth
    2. May not get the information you wanted as it is secondary data

FAMILY & child hood

* 2 marker ; on serial monogamy - didn't answer

* 2 marker ; on how women are exploited - through domestic labour & violence but explained in more depth

* 6 marker ; 3 reasons for women having later birth
    - decline in infant mortality rates
    - family is smaller so both parents likely to work creating dual earnings
    - child centredness ( explained each )

*10 marker ; government policies affecting childhood
    - Sex discrimination Act & Equal Pay Act
    - civil partnership act ( explained in detail )

* 20 marker ; on Marxism

- Marxists believe family benefits capitalist system & inequality
    - Engels - inheritance
    - Zaretsky - "king of castle " men are oppressed at work , come home and oppress women
    - referrerd to item B
    - evaluated with Murdock 4 functions- parsons 2 functions & included how the expressive leader provides "emotional stability " as mentioned in item B ( well developed answer )

How well do you think I've done with answers like that ? I can take criticism just need honesty and an idea ! Around about what grade & how many marks !

ReputationRep:
    Not too badly , only a couple of marks (2) if that !
    (Original post by EXAMSRESS2015)

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie I loved that paper. Found my timing much better on the this paper than the Education. On the Education I messed up the 2 mark definition, and didn't finish my method in context question. On this paper I think I got everything I needed to apart from I also messed up the 2 mark definition question and I didn't mention many sociologists for the Marxism question, just what they did. Will I get the A I am predicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    yeah, you might get away with it if you linked it like that, but if I was the examiner I wouldn't give you the marks tbh (unless the mark scheme says otherwise, ofc)
    Thanks👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyFaye)
    After that exam- I wish my mother delayed childbirth.
    omg hahahaha me

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be in total with both papers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rehanas123)
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be in total with both papers??
    48 - e
    60 - d
    72 - c
    84 - b
    96 - a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salz97)
    I wrote about how due to welfare benefits there may be more lone parents as women may not stay with husbands so children will be brought up by one parent instead of two like in the past. I think its wrong.
    Does anyone have an idea?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how it went but will post my answers and see what people say. I did families & households.

1) -harm to participant (with explanation)
    -deception (with explanation)

2) Completely didn't read the question and forgot to EVALUATE the advantages so did a page and a half of just advantages - hoping for half marks because didn't talk about the disadvantages

F&H
    1) -the series of multiple marriages one after the other by getting a divorce and remarrying someone else

2) -women exploited through the triple shift and explained what the TS is

3) -women want to focus on career
    -children are economic liability
    -creative singlehood and the idea women want to go out to live their lives whilst young

4) -compulsory education and how that means children are now educated but also how that puts stress on children because of exams and having to stay in until they're 18
    -abolishment of child labour and them not being able to work which gives children more freedom and more rights, I know theory doesn't matter but I brought in Melanie Phillips to say how society is child centred and also evaluated by saying children are now an economic liability

5) obvs can't write the essay but really confident with the 20 marker, included theory from: Engels, Marx, Althusser, Foucault, Delphy & Leonard, Greer, Parsons and Fletcher.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.