Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    It's part of the Eukarya Domain that's what the person was worried about.. If it asked for Kingdom or domain

But yeah I agree I think it asked for Kingdom
    Thankyou guys!

ReputationRep:
    OMG just realised how much i need to revise, has anyone got any predictions my friend sumayzii told me that she has loads. I hope she tells me soon cos ive done so many depth revision and i basically have no social life.
    im 6700% sure protein synthesis and translation is going to come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadia1998)
    OMG just realised how much i need to revise, has anyone got any predictions my friend sumayzii told me that she has loads. I hope she tells me soon cos ive done so many depth revision and i basically have no social life.
    Peak when your 'friend' has no life.... that's not something I didn't already know mate XD

But seriously nadzii, we are supposed to be analysing the thread for predictions not making immature comments.... I'm so disappointed in you.

EDIT: don't ever call me sumayzii in real life. It's retch worthy

ReputationRep:
    im so sorry sumayyzi have u done the breadth paper yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadia1998)
    im so sorry sumayyzi have u done the breadth paper yet?
    nah, i've jus dun da breath speciman papre nd got 11/70! im so glad depth iz owt ov da way!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sumayyah_G3;65378145]nah, i've jus dun da breath speciman papre nd got 11/70! im so glad depth iz owt ov da way![/QUOT

did u find it hard? i found it quite easy but the rest of my biology group found it hard

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Nadia1998;65378193]
    (Original post by Sumayyah_G3)
    nah, i've jus dun da breath speciman papre nd got 11/70! im so glad depth iz owt ov da way![/QUOT

did u find it hard? i found it quite easy but the rest of my biology group found it hard
    I found it quite easy really, it was quite a bargain only revising teacher predictions but i certainly have exceeded my expectations by 6600%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    Just realised that at no point in the specification does it say that we need to know the blood clotting cascade :facepalm:
    It does say that we need to know about primary non-specific defences against pathogens in animals, 'to include skin, blood clotting,wound repair, inflammation, expulsive reflexes andmucous membranes', so we probably do need to know about the blood clotting cascade.

I don't know if that's good news or not, but yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torilee)
    It does say that we need to know about primary non-specific defences against pathogens in animals, 'to include skin, blood clotting,wound repair, inflammation, expulsive reflexes andmucous membranes', so we probably do need to know about the blood clotting cascade.

I don't know if that's good news or not, but yeah
    Ah, but i don't really know much about the rest of those in detail
    So it's probably not going to be on there, but i would love for it to be a 6 marker, i'd probably be the only one though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but i don't really know much about the rest of those in detail
    So it's probably not going to be on there, but i would love for it to be a 6 marker, i'd probably be the only one though :lol:
    What are the steps for blood clotting? This always confuses me so much 😭 why couldn't we just stick to fibrin/fibrinogen stuff?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    What are the steps for blood clotting? This always confuses me so much 😭 why couldn't we just stick to fibrin/fibrinogen stuff?!
    When the blood vessel is damaged, it exposes collagen fibres. These collagen fibres activate platelets which produce (as well as the damaged cells) thromboplastin, which is a clotting agent.
    Thromboplastin, in the presence of calcium ions and vitamin K (i think) converts the protein prothrombin into the enzyme thrombin.
    thrombin catalyses the conversion of the soluble fibrinogen into the insoluble fibrin.

The fibrin forms a mesh which traps red blood cells which is the initial clot. Once the copy has dried out, it becomes a scab, which, as it dries, pulls the edges of the wound together. Once the scab had completely died out it will fall off.

There's also some stuff about stem cells going to the mesh and differentiating into other cells i think.

I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    When the blood vessel is damaged, it exposes collagen fibres. These collagen fibres activate platelets which produce (as well as the damaged cells) thromboplastin, which is a clotting agent.
    Thromboplastin, in the presence of calcium ions and vitamin K (i think) converts the protein prothrombin into the enzyme thrombin.
    thrombin catalyses the conversion of the soluble fibrinogen into the insoluble fibrin.

The fibrin forms a mesh which traps red blood cells which is the initial clot. Once the copy has dried out, it becomes a scab, which, as it dries, pulls the edges of the wound together. Once the scab had completely died out it will fall off.

There's also some stuff about stem cells going to the mesh and differentiating into other cells i think.

I hope this helps
    Is thromboplastin factor X?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PanickingYear12)
    Is thromboplastin factor X?
    I think it might be, but I'm not certain, sorry

ReputationRep:
    is there a chemistry equivalent of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eukaryotic)
    is there a chemistry equivalent of this thread?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3933809

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I know I'm taking a risk but what topics will not come based on the breadth paper ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    Guys I know I'm taking a risk but what topics will not come based on the breadth paper ?
    I don't think any plant stuff will come up, but i may not be right.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much detail we need to know about open circulator systems in insects? The textbook goes on about stuff like peristalsis, not sure if that's relevant...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think classification will come since there was a lot of it last paper lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.