Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keres)
    Anyone up for doing an unofficial mark scheme?
    It would be difficult since many people can't remember answers like 0.8337 ect haha - I'm just hoping that physics and maths tutor would've got hold of the paper and the model answers will be uploaded soon !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    c1: 90
    c2: 86
    s1: 70

c3: 74
    c4:78
    s2: 55 marks ( maybe a B?)

lol there goes my A
    Im the exact same, bye bye uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would I get any marks for this?! Question 5) Normal approx...X~B(n,0.2)E(X)=0.2nVar( X)=0.16ntherefore; X~N(0.2n,0.16n) P(X>55)=> CC P(X>=55.5)P(Z>(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.04011-P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.0401P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.9599Therefore;(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n = 1.7555-0.2n= 1.75(0.4)(n^1/2)55-0.2n=0.7n^1/2Then I squares out formed a quadratic and tried to rearrange but it didn't solve (yielded imaginary numbers) How many marks out of 8 would I get if any? Was I on the right lines or have I lost the plot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keres)
    Anyone up for doing an unofficial mark scheme?
    I will if someone gets me the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Im the exact same, bye bye uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my firm wanted ABB, so im not too fussed with a B in maths but could've done better

ReputationRep:
    my firm wanted ABB, so im not too fussed with a B in maths but could've done better
    I need aaa so literally just screwed my plans for dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    Lol of all the things to slip up on I got the variance in the first question wrong. All right other that that it looks like, beaming.
    hahah same I couldn't for the life of me remember how you would work it out.. I ended up with an answer of -19600 look

ReputationRep:
    When you're actually at uni I'm sure you'll feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    I need aaa so literally just screwed my plans for dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahhhh I hope you still get it - I'm sure the boundaries will go down a bit !

ReputationRep:
    Is the median of a quadratic pdf = the interval/2 ?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain why you use 55.5 as a correction rather than 54.5?
    Think I ended up getting 221 students so how many marks would i lose if thats the only mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Twitter was sending lots of hate towards Peter so hopefully that counts in our favour .

My profile pic is a page of chapter 2 from c3
    Poor Peter lol

Ah okay!

ReputationRep:
    For the Normal Distribution question, I forgot to change 55 to 55.5, how many marks will I lose?

ReputationRep:
    I got between 68-71 because I dicked up Q3 by using E(R)^2 instead of E(R^2) and then, after using a continuity correction, did the question again to check my working without the correction, and got 223 ))))) RIP me, there goes the A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    This is so depressing, needed to do well in S2 to get an A, probably got a B now, will consider suicide.
    i feel u mate.. I might do the same thing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Poor Peter lol

Ah okay!
    I know ahaha

ReputationRep:
    can you integrate pi*R^2 and divide by 4 for the mean area. I got the same answer using this method..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnpnstn)
    I got between 68-71 because I dicked up Q3 by using E(R)^2 instead of E(R^2) and then, after using a continuity correction, did the question again to check my working without the correction, and got 223 ))))) RIP me, there goes the A*
    for an a* you need 90ums average across C3 and C4... your grade in S2 has no weight whatsoever towards whether you do/don't get an A*, unless you're concerned about the individual grade of the unit itself ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who did S2 IAL?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.