Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my SJT test to Lazard 3 days ago, any idea of how long we typically have to wait to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    I submitted my SJT test to Lazard 3 days ago, any idea of how long we typically have to wait to hear back?
    I did the SJT yesterday morning and got the verbal reasoning test by the evening.

ReputationRep:
    So after going through some forums, as a final year I'm applying to:

UBS, Barcap, GS, MS, CS, JPM, Lazard, SG, CA, Greenhill, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank, Citi.

Any others where not being penultimate isn't a disadvantage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    For those couple of guys interested...

So DB replied to my email. You have to be a penultimate year student to apply. That is confirmed.

I told the Lehman brothers 2.0 to go update their website so it says that clearly on the application form.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Does Deustche Bank require a cover letter? For the Investment banking summer internship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)

UBS, Barcap, GS, MS, CS, JPM, Lazard, SG, CA, Greenhill, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank, Citi.

CS, Lazard, BNP, Barclays do care, from my research. If you are a final year you should go for grad schemes with these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masterllecker)
    CS, Lazard, BNP, Barclays do care, from my research. If you are a final year you should go for grad schemes with these.
    Or off cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the SJT yesterday morning and got the verbal reasoning test by the evening.
    Interesting, thanks for your reply! If I had failed it I dont understand why it would take so long for them to get back to me but then again equally it does not make sense if I would have passed it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vader9280)

CS and JPM do not accept final year summer applications, I'm almost certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure about Barclays? It seemed to be one of the few where if you did a summer with them, you could start a few months later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    CS and JPM do not accept final year summer applications, I'm almost certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

CS and JPM DO NOT accept summer applications from final years. Already checked. Both DO accept applications for off-cycles though and both are open atm .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    CS and JPM DO NOT accept summer applications from final years. Already checked. Both DO accept applications for off-cycles though and both are open atm .
    JPM do accept summer internship applications from final years, at least for the Markets program.

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/appcentr...e-London/en-GB

See Eligibility section.

I have a lot of friends at JPM and they said like 20-30% of interns are final-years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    JPM do accept summer internship applications from final years, at least for the Markets program.

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/appcentr...e-London/en-GB

See Eligibility section.

I have a lot of friends at JPM and they said like 20-30% of interns are final-years.
    Maybe it's only markets that is flexible on this..

"To be considered for a place on our Summer Program you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2018."

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/lang-en-...m-London/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Maybe it's only markets that is flexible on this..

"To be considered for a place on our Summer Program you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2018."

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/lang-en-...m-London/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps they are planning on recruiting more Markets/less IBD interns this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps they are planning on recruiting more Markets/less IBD interns this year?
    I don't think it leads on to that really. It just seems like IBD is more of a stringent/conservative area in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Normally final year should apply for grad but JPM does not have Markets grad position this year, so they are allowing final year to apply for summer.. but they have IBD grad and they expect final year to apply to that (which makes sense)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Normally final year should apply for grad but JPM does not have Markets grad position this year, so they are allowing final year to apply for summer.. but they have IBD grad and they expect final year to apply to that (which makes sense)
    This explains everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Knew a few research guys who were final year when I did my summer at JP

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am in my last year at university this October. However, I would rather apply to Summer Analyst roles than Graduate roles. But Credit Suisse for example states that you explicitly have to be in your penultimate year to be eligible for the program. However, if i just write in my cover letter that I am intending to do a masters after my bachelor (although I dont want to), will I be able to apply for the Summer Analyst role?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    Hey,

I am in my last year at university this October. However, I would rather apply to Summer Analyst roles than Graduate roles. But Credit Suisse for example states that you explicitly have to be in your penultimate year to be eligible for the program. However, if i just write in my cover letter that I am intending to do a masters after my bachelor (although I dont want to), will I be able to apply for the Summer Analyst role?

Thank you
    I mean you could read the threads?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.