Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    anyone who has done A2 philosophy and ethics (OCR) how would you say the step up is from AS, how did you find it ? I don't know if I should continue it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    I need A*A*A
    as results day is coming I am becoming more and more impatient
    will you check ucas or your results first?
    Same same haha

My school gives us the results on 8 am so if track updates beforethen then definitely check track first. Wbu ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    This... I wish they released it earlier.
    PRSOM!

ReputationRep:
    I worked so hard but I feel like I've really let myself down in the exams with stupid mistakes smh

ReputationRep:
    It finally, and I mean properly, with full force hit me today. I think I did quite well in my exams but because all my questions were so nice it gives me even more anxiety that the grade boundaries will be increased and my chance of getting the grades I need are slipping away. Damn you AQA.

If you're applying for a minority (or actually not so in-demand) subject for a top uni, do you think there's a chance they will go a little easier on me? I hope so anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Actually what I don't understand is why SFE give you the greatest proportion of your loan in teh last term (which is generally the shortest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vladislav)
    It finally, and I mean properly, with full force hit me today. I think I did quite well in my exams but because all my questions were so nice it gives me even more anxiety that the grade boundaries will be increased and my chance of getting the grades I need are slipping away. Damn you AQA.

If you're applying for a minority (or actually not so in-demand) subject for a top uni, do you think there's a chance they will go a little easier on me? I hope so anyway.
    This is literally what I'm hoping!! My course only started about four years ago so I'm hoping they really want to expand the course (so will be more lenient). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    when you AS results day starts 11 am :/ why couldnt it be earlier well atleast its not A2

ReputationRep:
    The waiting is what makes this worse 😩

Just want to find out, even if it's bad ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well it does make sense... And maybe it should be sooner still because there are still a 6th on applicants who will be down as pending on results day.
    It also means you get some people who know a day or 2 in advanced due to getting welcome packs from their uni which isn't really fair but obviously everyone would love to be one of them.

I'd probably only argue that people who don't apply to uni should get their grades earlier maybe but that's it.
    A welcome pack? That's new? I have never heard of this situation!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually what I don't understand is why SFE give you the greatest proportion of your loan in teh last term (which is generally the shortest...
    That's because a part of that final term payment is to cover your costs over the summer. In your final year the final payment will be a fair bit smaller because they assume you'll be working from May/June onwards (or at least able to claim JSA).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    anyone who has done A2 philosophy and ethics (OCR) how would you say the step up is from AS, how did you find it ? I don't know if I should continue it or not.
    i did AQA Philosophy and the step up isn't that big but the essays are longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lytran)
    A welcome pack? That's new? I have never heard of this situation!!!
    its happened to one or two friends so it is fairly uncommon. Most (I believe some don't) unis send you a welcom pack/confirmation letter. Every so often it gets delivered early.

(Original post by PQ)
    That's because a part of that final term payment is to cover your costs over the summer. In your final year the final payment will be a fair bit smaller because they assume you'll be working from May/June onwards (or at least able to claim JSA).
    Ohhhhh okay, that makes some sense. Although I'd have thought they would assume that you were staying with your parents over the summer so you wouldn't need money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    You could always just try it for a month or so and drop it if you're struggling, I wouldn't give it up simply because you think it might be difficult
    ---
    Have people received letters or w.e. from college about how to get their results and stuff? I haven't been told anything yet by mine and with only 4 weeks to go I'm kinda concerned ://
    -
    Oh nvm I just checked our VLE and there is a section saying we can go pick them up before 1pm otherwise they get posted to us.

ReputationRep:
    Found the edexcel papers, Mark schemes and examiner reports by looking back on previous thread! The link is below;

https://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    You could always just try it for a month or so and drop it if you're struggling, I wouldn't give it up simply because you think it might be difficult
    ---
    Have people received letters or w.e. from college about how to get their results and stuff? I haven't been told anything yet by mine and with only 4 weeks to go I'm kinda concerned ://
    -
    Oh nvm I just checked our VLE and there is a section saying we can go pick them up before 1pm otherwise they get posted to us.
    Our college has told us nothing and has apparently been telling the year 12s that results day is the 26th....I knew they were bad but good god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bishbashbosh123)
    Found the edexcel papers, Mark schemes and examiner reports by looking back on previous thread! The link is below;

https://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
    my god literally I followed that link shaking like I was opening my results.

I'm actually glad my papers aren't up yet cause I think I would drive my self crazy if I saw the mark schemes now

ReputationRep:
    We're in the twenties now?! Wtf

ReputationRep:
    There's also this site which provides Edexcel papers and their mark schemes http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    There's also this site which provides Edexcel papers and their mark schemes http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html
    Thanks i appreciate the link

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.