Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.17%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.54%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.29%

ReputationRep:
    Someone has worked out that the current cap on trainer level is level 40.

Does CP on pokemon cap out at any point? Or will you be able to catch much stronger pokemon at level 40 compared to say level 20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Someone has worked out that the current cap on trainer level is level 40.

Does CP on pokemon cap out at any point? Or will you be able to catch much stronger pokemon at level 40 compared to say level 20?
    The CP of wild Pokemon caps out at level 30, while the actual CP of Pokemon caps at 40 (since CP is level based). So basically a level 40 will catch the same CP Pokemon as a level 30 but the level 40 will be able to train them up further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    The CP of wild Pokemon caps out at level 30, while the actual CP of Pokemon caps at 40 (since CP is level based). So basically a level 40 will catch the same CP Pokemon as a level 30 but the level 40 will be able to train them up further.
    Does that mean the max CP at lv 30 is lower than the max CP at lv 40? Or are you saying that as your trainer level increases to lv 40, you can then achieve more of the maximum capped CP?

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean the max CP at lv 30 is lower than the max CP at lv 40? Or are you saying that as your trainer level increases to lv 40, you can then achieve more of the maximum capped CP?
    He literally told you the exact answer....

you can't catch higher-CP pokemon beyond level 30, but you can still train them up beyond the cap found at level 30, when you're level 30+

Takes me like 35 minutes of walking to get 5 poke stops. Is that good or bad? There's no gyms in my area, have to travel a bit further.

ReputationRep:
    anyone wanna make a group chat in whats app or something for pokemon go/

ReputationRep:
    The max CP of wild Pokemon is the same at 30 and 40, but the max CP of the Pokemon you've caught is higher at 40. Max CP directly correlates with your level, so as you level up the max CP also increases.

This man is from my city.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1464...l_142_Pokemon/

ReputationRep:
    Should I 'transfer' all my low CP duplicates and evolve the strongest ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    He literally told you the exact answer....

you can't catch higher-CP pokemon beyond level 30, but you can still train them up beyond the cap found at level 30, when you're level 30+
    Well I literally didn't understand his response fully :rolleyes:

but way to be a tool about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .sophia)
    Should I 'transfer' all my low CP duplicates and evolve the strongest ones?
    Generally yes but if you already have stronger Pokemon then it doesn't matter either way

ReputationRep:
    A parasect just spawned in my house but it ended up running away after several attempts to capture it :cry: my boyfriend obviously managed to get it though ffs I've never seen one prior to this and I'm far away from evolving...so annoyed :cry: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had some good luck with eggs the last couple of days. Hatched Aerodactyl and Onyx from 10km eggs and (finally) got a Pikachu from a 2km egg.

*Of course the 2km egg I hatched next was a Weedle. 😝

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Generally yes but if you already have stronger Pokemon then it doesn't matter either way
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well I literally didn't understand his response fully :rolleyes:

but way to be a tool about it.
    Thank you, I try my best

ReputationRep:
    I got a cp 197 mr mime in a 10 k egg today. Is he any good, and should I power him up, I got 27 candies when I got him and it only takes 1 candy and 600 stardust to power him up. Or is he not worth wasting the stardust on?
    Btw I'm lvl 11 and my highest cp pokemon is a 440 dorido.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    I got a cp 197 mr mime in a 10 k egg today. Is he any good, and should I power him up, I got 27 candies when I got him and it only takes 1 candy and 600 stardust to power him up. Or is he not worth wasting the stardust on?
    Btw I'm lvl 11 and my highest cp pokemon is a 440 dorido.
    Save your Stardust. The amount needed to power him up will gradually increase, so you'll be able to power him up maybe 15 times at the most with the candy you have. 15x30(average cp increase)=450+197=647
    You'll get far stronger Pokemon than that when you level up more.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    Save your Stardust. The amount needed to power him up will gradually increase, so you'll be able to power him up maybe 15 times at the most with the candy you have. 15x30(average cp increase)=450+197=647
    You'll get far stronger Pokemon than that when you level up more.*
    cool thanks, bit of a **** 10k egg then lol. maybe next time I guess

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is Seal rare? Keep seeing one in my area but never shows up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, is Seal rare? Keep seeing one in my area but never shows up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't say he's rare, unsure if he still makes music though...
    Spoiler:
    Show

But srs, Seel isn't that rare and it's evolution, Dewgong, isn't particularly strong either.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.