CTAM: Count to a million (Part 11)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    The strange thing is, that the power consumption of the HP is much lower than that of the Acer (discharge rate of 400mA vs 1500mA), so I get a longer battery life anyway! Though a 6-cell or 8-cell would have been even better.
    Hopefully, someone on the likes of eBay/Amazon will come up with a 6-cell or 9-cell replacement, so that if the battery depletes, I can get a better one

The Acer still gets about 3-3.5 hours on the 9-cell, but it used to be 4.5-5 hours! I'll keep it for now, but if I need to, I'll sell it. It does still work...

Oh, I see - though considering the age of the laptop, it was to be expected that the battery would have to be replaced on the Acer Aspire. With regards to the HP, how many tabs (TSR) did you have open, simultaneously; whilst on battery power?

I am confident that someone will eventually create a 6/9-cell replacement laptop battery, it is just a matter of being patient.

That's not too bad, considering how long you have had the 9-cell battery. Conversely, although the battery used to be at 4.5-5 hours, it could be worse, considering the age of the battery and it undergoing regular usage.

:moon:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Yep, I did want an LG G4; it is a good phone and fulfills my needs more than the Galaxy S4 does! Unfortunately, 4G Calling isn't supported yet, however, it's not the end of the world and chances are, I'll end up having to replace the phone again before I get something that does 3G/4G only and native 4G Calling.

Nope, I didn't - thanks for informing me. Let's see what happens!

Oh dear! I suppose that your best option with regards to phones, is to hold out until a superior phone is released, that caters to your phone requirements.

What would be your phone of choice?

Yes, indeed we shall!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.