Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did med students find their interviews?!

All I can say is that I found a VERY attractive girl and spent all my time thinking about her over my interview!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzfeed23)
    How did med students find their interviews?!

All I can say is that I found a VERY attractive girl and spent all my time thinking about her over my interview!! haha
    Man like 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I had 4 interviews for medicine. Three of them went alright (I think? It's really hard to tell) and one was absolutely horrendous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think I've finished all my interviews. Maths & Philosophy interviews at St John's were both decent I think (& actually quite enjoyable), as was Philosophy at St Cats completely blew Maths at St Cats though... They were great questions for me as well but I panicked & my mind went blank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Swiftie)
    So I had 4 interviews for medicine. Three of them went alright (I think? It's really hard to tell) and one was absolutely horrendous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, I think we all found at least one horrendous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    The colleges share their opinions with each other, but they also understand you can't be on top form all the time. So if the first college wants you, they probably won't worry too much if the second college doesn't think you're so great.

(And don't forget that how you feel interviews went can often bear no resemblance to how the tutors think they went!)
    Thank you for your reply!
    I think first two were not too bad, but i agree that interviewers can think completely otherwise as i couldn't understand anything from their face/reaction, they should be really experienced. However for my third i understood how stupid i was as Oxford mathemtics applicant should have answered such questions and this was obvious from interviewers face, i shouldn't have been so nervous I still loved Brasenose college, people there are really very friendly, unfortunately i definitely have no chance getting to that college. I hope i can get offer from Corpus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    Thank you for your reply!
    I think first two were not too bad, but i agree that interviewers can think completely otherwise as i couldn't understand anything from their face/reaction, they should be really experienced. However for my third i understood how stupid i was as Oxford mathemtics applicant should have answered such questions and this was obvious from interviewers face, i shouldn't have been so nervous I still loved Brasenose college, people there are really very friendly, unfortunately i definitely have no chance getting to that college. I hope i can get offer from Corpus.
    yayy, corpus is the best! I absolutely loved my time there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    yayy, corpus is the best! I absolutely loved my time there
    Have you applied to Corpus or had your second interview there? And for which degree if you don't mind me asking? I love Corpus as well, but loved Brasenose as much
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Nearing post 10000 and you know what that means! Mk.II!

ReputationRep:
    Not always, but it's quite common for the tutors at a given college to ask the same questions to everyone they interview.

It's less common in the humanities, where they're more likely to spend more time talking about something from someone's personal statement.
    In PPE everyone had the same in Economics and Philosopy and they had like three different ones for Politics.
    But we only started talking about it when everyone was finished (it is really stupid to reveal the questions before that, I agree with you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    Have you applied to Corpus or had your second interview there? And for which degree if you don't mind me asking? I love Corpus as well, but loved Brasenose as much
    I applied to Corpus, didn't have any interviews elsewhere though! Brasenose was actually my second college of choice. I'm applying for Classics, so I was up there from the 8th to the 12th! Which course have you applied for? How are the interviews going?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhh new thread soon finally!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Ahhhhh new thread soon finally!
    I'm actually sat camping on this thread, ready for the new one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    I'm actually sat camping on this thread, ready for the new one!
    Let me help you along...

ReputationRep:
    ...and me! I remember when we got to 10,000 posts last year - 'twas fluteflute helping us along then, too
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Let me help you along...
    Yay, current and ex support team unite to bring the Oxford hopefuls a new thread!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ah Oxford... One day, I will be applying (as a postgraduate student).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Doing our bit for the Forum to get to 10,000.

Last day of interviews tomorrow - too many late nights here in the Admissions Office.

Don't be like us - grab an early night and sleep well if your interview is scheduled for day 11.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has so many more posts

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.