Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_green_day)
    Oh ok then well it was nice speaking to you never comment on here again.
    Just kidding! Nice to meet you too! May I ask if you are by any chance Romanian? Sorry I'm not being creepy, sanguina means 'blood' in that language so I just wondered
    Bulgarian. Count Horror, Storm and Sanguina were characters in my first English book when I was 8 but my teacher never wanted to explain the meaning of Sanguina. I became so obsessed with finding out its meaning that after I finally did, I started using it as my nickname

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanguina)
    Bulgarian. Count Horror, Storm and Sanguina were characters in my first English book when I was 8 but my teacher never wanted to explain the meaning of Sanguina. I became so obsessed with finding out its meaning that after I finally did, I started using it as my nickname

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh so you're Bulgarian or 'Sanguina' is? Aha that's cool Well it also means 'optimistic' or 'positive' in old english so I think it's a pretty cool name :P And it also means red-headed so if you're a happy ginger person I think that's probably the most fitting nickname you could find :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh so you're Bulgarian or 'Sanguina' is? Aha that's cool Well it also means 'optimistic' or 'positive' in old english so I think it's a pretty cool name :P And it also means red-headed so if you're a happy ginger person I think that's probably the most fitting nickname you could find :P
    I'm Bulgarian The word 'sanguina' can be found in Romanian, Italian, Spanish, etc. as far as I know. Well, I'm not a natural ginger but I've always wanted to be so I dyed my hair auburn haha. I assume you're a native speaker with all that interesting info :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm Bulgarian The word 'sanguina' can be found in Romanian, Italian, Spanish, etc. as far as I know. Well, I'm not a natural ginger but I've always wanted to be so I dyed my hair auburn haha. I assume you're a native speaker with all that interesting info :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha no but I went to Romania on holiday just after Christmas because I have some family from there, and I was thinking if you were Romanian I could use that as a good way to flirt but obviously that was not to be! Oh what natural hair colour are you then? There's just been a thread on these chat forums posting pictures of ginger people, I'm having a minor obsession :L

ReputationRep:
    Is there a difference between 'redheads' and 'gingers'?

ReputationRep:
    Aha no but I went to Romania on holiday just after Christmas because I have some family from there, and I was thinking if you were Romanian I could use that as a good way to flirt but obviously that was not to be! Oh what natural hair colour are you then? There's just been a thread on these chat forums posting pictures of ginger people, I'm having a minor obsession :L
    I meant an English native haha My hair used to be a super strange brown colour with grey undertones. Sounds weird as ****. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to bring it back buuut life goes on. I
    desperately want to have a ginger baby someday but sadly, there are no gingers in my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry01)
    Is there a difference between 'redheads' and 'gingers'?
    I believe that redhead can be used for people with all kinds of reddish hair while ginger is just ginger Better wait for Tom to explain, he's the pro here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I meant an English native haha My hair used to be a super strange brown colour with grey undertones. Sounds weird as ****. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to bring it back buuut life goes on. I
    desperately want to have a ginger baby someday but sadly, there are no gingers in my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah yeah I am an English native unfortunately! Brown's not strange? :L It's normal! And grey's nothing bad, my dad was completely grey by the age of 10 so I think I may have inherited his genes! (Not grey yet though).
    Bring what back? o_0
    Oh don't rule it out yet, you'll just have to find a ginger guy! Or adopt.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that redhead can be used for people with all kinds of reddish hair while ginger is just ginger Better wait for Tom to explain, he's the pro here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IS that me Tom? Well in my books red-head is when they're hot and ginger is when they're not, although sometimes I use ginger when they are.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah yeah I am an English native unfortunately! Brown's not strange? :L It's normal! And grey's nothing bad, my dad was completely grey by the age of 10 so I think I may have inherited his genes! (Not grey yet though).
    Bring what back? o_0
    Oh don't rule it out yet, you'll just have to find a ginger guy! Or adopt.
    Naaah, the particular brown was strange and my hair has not started getting grey yet. Hahaha you boys never get the whole colour thing.
    From what I've learnt about genetics, a ginger father is not enough but I might be wrong. So where exactly are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Naaah, the particular brown was strange and my hair has not started getting grey yet. Hahaha you boys never get the whole colour thing.
    From what I've learnt about genetics, a ginger father is not enough but I might be wrong. So where exactly are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No we don't :P But really any colour is attractive if done right!
    A ginger father doesn't guarantee it but it could be a good starting place! I was actually born in London but don't live there any more So did you move from Bulgaria? Where do you live now?

ReputationRep:
    No we don't :P But really any colour is attractive if done right!
    A ginger father doesn't guarantee it but it could be a good starting place! I was actually born in London but don't live there any more So did you move from Bulgaria? Where do you live now?
    Not yet. I've applied to some universities in Scotland and I hope I'll move there in autumn (preferably Aberdeen).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not yet. I've applied to some universities in Scotland and I hope I'll move there in autumn (preferably Aberdeen).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow that's a big move! Didn't look at any in England? :P
    So are you fluent in English? Or just google translate? :L

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that's a big move! Didn't look at any in England? :P
    So are you fluent in English? Or just google translate? :L
    Ermm, I did but eventually chose only Scottish ones because of SAAS. Plus, I've got close friends there and we're looking forward to living together.
    Do you think I'd be applying at English-speaking unis, if I needed google translate? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    It's so much fun! We just end up blaring out loads of Asian music, with the odd bit of 'wrecking ball' for good measure!
    did you have fun at karaoke last night?

ReputationRep:
    Ermm, I did but eventually chose only Scottish ones because of SAAS. Plus, I've got close friends there and we're looking forward to living together.
    Do you think I'd be applying at English-speaking unis, if I needed google translate? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awh that's cute What are you looking to study?
    Oh yeah sorry me being dumb :P So what do they speak in scotland? Scottish? Celtish? Galeic?
    (Just kidding I'm about half scottish)

ReputationRep:
    What course are you applying for Sanguina?

ReputationRep:
    Awh that's cute What are you looking to study?
    Oh yeah sorry me being dumb :P So what do they speak in scotland? Scottish? Celtish? Galeic?
    (Just kidding I'm about half scottish)
    Basically media. Oh, stop it, don't make fun of me They speak English with some strange Auld-lang-syne-ish slang.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry01)
    What course are you applying for Sanguina?
    Media, Journalism... Even had one with Politics in haha. Fingers crossed. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Media, Journalism... Even had one with Politics in haha. Fingers crossed. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww cool, is there any one in particular you want to do most?

Ive applied to do Law, Im currently doing A-Levels

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.