Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    So, been doing some stalking of last year's thread:
    First notification of interview was on 15 November. First for maths was 18 November.

If it were the same this year, someone would/might find out in 18 days! Or, in 27 mins, 17 days! :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
    Oh dear Lord. The thought of interviews truly terrifies me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devil_in_disguise)
    1) we'll see bout that:evil:
    4)J'aime francais, mon cher:h:
    5)Rule Britannia once again:london:
    1) Challenge. Accepted.
    4) Wirklich? Ich lieber mich Deutsch.
    5)And tea loving is key at the start of uni. Best way to make friends is over a cup of tea. Though there is a girl here who's never actually tried tea... english lass too. Its a horror

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    It's fun when you're rowing with a trainee cox who hasn't quite mastered pulling into the bank yet.

"Two, take a tap."

"And another one."

"And another one..."

etc.
    Our tranee cox crashed us into the raft first time, and it wasn't even our raft.. great funs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    :rofl: Sorry, but i don't think anyone's going to be using either of those words anytime soon. I'd settle with 'hilarz'

Ahh, i have some friends who've gone to Truro College, but i stayed at my sixth form. Considering that Truro is well over an hour away...

Ergh, it's terribly boring and transport anywhere is like impossible! But i s'pose it's a tad different from Liverpool

On a worrying note, i've found your Facebook, my stalking powers actually scare me... :lolwut: :rofl:
    Ooooh, I feel all exposed now. You'll have to reveal yourself to me (virtually [Wait, that still sounds dodgy]). Reveal your identity. There we go.

Yeah, Liverpool's a Big City, though I was in the unenviable position of growing up on the border between Merseyside and Cheshire, just about in the Cheshire part, so the ~5 other people my age spoke with thick Widnes accents and meant Runcorn when they said 'town'...

ReputationRep:
    D'awww, don't say that! I had that attitude when I first applied and it proved very much wrong.

And the thing is... you allow yourself to get really sucked into the UCAS thing and it sort of dominates your life for a few months (in some ways it's a useful distraction/shield against A2 final exam stress) but, in actual fact, everyone gets over Oxford. Whether they get in or not, they get over it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it here but there are many things I dislike about it, too. And the reasons why I love it are more to do with indisputable facts than the nuances or style of Oxford's practices, i.e. there are more interesting people with drive and talent, people who're just damn smart. And it turns you on. But I did very nearly turn them down and go to UCL instead...
    Noo no i definitely know what you mean. sometimes i get a huge working class chip on my shoulder for the entire concept of oxford in general..

In a lot of ways i wish i hadnt told anyone i was applying for oggsford because then there's all this expectation built up and if you don't get in it's always gonna be "aw sorry you didn't get into oxford" rather than "well done on getting into edinburgh/etc" (in a lot of ways i'd rather go to edinburgh/st andrews to be honest [although i'm actually less likely to get into edinburgh than oxford statistically apparently])

although any oxford admissions tutors reading this, i don't mean that and i really wanna go to oxford

what do you dislike about it, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMusson)
    1) Challenge. Accepted.
    4) Wirklich? Ich lieber mich Deutsch.
    5)And tea loving is key at the start of uni. Best way to make friends is over a cup of tea. Though there is a girl here who's never actually tried tea... english lass too. Its a horror
    1) i'm not scary though
    2)Ihr Deutsch?:confused:
    5) yea, 16:00 tea is a must for all the ladies and gentlemen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    Trololol? < What does this mean in English?
    You clearly don't have a tumblr account

ReputationRep:
    So it's not all about colouring triangles anymore! :eek:

Oh dear, I don't even know where that is slash ceebs to google it and pretty sure it's too far North for me to venture. I may just have to settle for a normal Llama

Okies, :eek: HOW IS THIS THE 10103rd post! We're 103 over the limit already!

:flybye: night.
    Well the first 2 weeks are basically all the FP3 (edexcel) geometry which is dull for anyone who knows it and probably insanely fast learning for anyone who doesn't. We're currently checking out interesting stuffs about the n-1 dimensional hyperplane

Middle hun, middle. The southerners think we're northern, the northerners think we're southern. Its a hard life.

Night night, sleep tight, sweet dreams. and all that jazz.
    Have some sheep to count :sheep::sheep::sheep:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, I feel all exposed now. You'll have to reveal yourself to me (virtually [Wait, that still sounds dodgy]). Reveal your identity. There we go.

Yeah, Liverpool's a Big City, though I was in the unenviable position of growing up on the border between Merseyside and Cheshire, just about in the Cheshire part, so the ~5 other people my age spoke with thick Widnes accents and meant Runcorn when they said 'town'...
    :lolwut: How do i... reveal myself virtually? :rofl:

Oooh, i have no idea what a thick Widnes accent is meant to sound like, but i love accents, i find them hilarious!

Aww, well, at least you lived in more industrial areas... all there is here is sheep, fields, beaches, and more fields...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doloroushazy)
    Noo no i definitely know what you mean. sometimes i get a huge working class chip on my shoulder for the entire concept of oxford in general..

In a lot of ways i wish i hadnt told anyone i was applying for oggsford because then there's all this expectation built up and if you don't get in it's always gonna be "aw sorry you didn't get into oxford" rather than "well done on getting into edinburgh/etc" (in a lot of ways i'd rather go to edinburgh/st andrews to be honest [although i'm actually less likely to get into edinburgh than oxford statistically apparently])

although any oxford admissions tutors reading this, i don't mean that and i really wanna go to oxford

Ahhhh, well I'm not here to piss on all your bonfires, am I? Besides, here I am, applying to stay here even longer... can't be that bad, can it?

Without going into too much, or being specific, I'll just say that the experience you have depends very much upon the College you end up at and the group of people you end up studying with. It can be great or you can hate it. Luckily, Uni-level life is an escape from a bad College/personal College environment.
    And, y'know, sometimes you also just hate that everyone around you is so frustratingly talented. Makes you stop, ever so rarely, and question your own self-worth. Plus, the fact that so many others are operating on the same mental level (or almost) as you means you're forever wary of what you say or do and considering people's motivations.
    Oxford had no cerebral rest.

ReputationRep:
    1) i'm not scary though
    2)Ihr Deutsch?:confused:
    5) yea, 16:00 tea is a must for all the ladies and gentlemen.
    1) Humph. Well that's a total let down. Ah well I don't actually know where worcester is so couldn't come for cuddles in interviews.
    2) My Dinglish ist sehr gut danke! Haha I did the A level, got a casual B, am forgetting it very quickly.
    3) *Has rich tea biscuits* And biscuits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    :lolwut: How do i... reveal myself virtually? :rofl:

Oooh, i have no idea what a thick Widnes accent is meant to sound like, but i love accents, i find them hilarious!

Aww, well, at least you lived in more industrial areas... all there is here is sheep, fields, beaches, and more fields...
    PM me your name so I can return the stalkage!!!!!!111!!!eleven!

I <3 accents too. Mine is... interesting. Coming from Liverpool and London families, I have a very much in between-y mix. People seem to like it, for some bizarre reason :s I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    1) Humph. Well that's a total let down. Ah well I don't actually know where worcester is so couldn't come for cuddles in interviews.
    2) My Dinglish ist sehr gut danke! Haha I did the A level, got a casual B, am forgetting it very quickly.
    3) *Has rich tea biscuits* And biscuits
    1) u mean Univ:eviltongue:
    2)Gute nacht)))
    3) Good night, Sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doloroushazy)

Just on Greatleysteg's point, you know how you can make the odd (or quite a few in my case) badly thought out points in a normal school and no one picks up on them/ people just assume you're right. That doesn't happen, you actually have to think before speaking quite often.

And I'd like to add I'm finding it very hard to add anything to the dislike list. I'm really loving it (only been like 5 weeks so I've not had long to start hating but yknow..good first impression and all that)

ReputationRep:
    1) u mean Univ:eviltongue:
    2)Gute nacht)))
    3) Good night, Sir.
    Aah gawd dayum. I even stalked your old posts to find that, but it was obviously you quoting someone else who applied to Worcester... I actually know where univ is.

Toodles. Boa noite (that's very nearly the limit of my portuguese right there. That and eu quero um abraco - I want a hug, always good to know)

ReputationRep:
    PM me your name so I can return the stalkage!!!!!!111!!!eleven!

I &lt;3 accents too. Mine is... interesting. Coming from Liverpool and London families, I have a very much in between-y mix. People seem to like it, for some bizarre reason :s I hate it.
    Rhys Dore :rofl: See, i'm fearless, anyone can know my name, i'm just going to add you on fb

I can't even imagine what that'd sound like haha! Oh, i'm sure it's not that bad at all! I don't really have a regional accent...

I just looked at your 4 year old 'blogs' on Myspace, just awwwwwww

i love how everything is online mwahhaah

ReputationRep:
    Well the first 2 weeks are basically all the FP3 (edexcel) geometry which is dull for anyone who knows it and probably insanely fast learning for anyone who doesn't. We're currently checking out interesting stuffs about the n-1 dimensional hyperplane

Middle hun, middle. The southerners think we're northern, the northerners think we're southern. Its a hard life.

Night night, sleep tight, sweet dreams. and all that jazz.
    Have some sheep to count :sheep::sheep::sheep:
    I see! Luckily I get to skip the joy that is FP3 because I'm only doing AS :woo: Although a Cambridge Econ second year did tell us how they whizzed through S1-S4 in just a few lectures! :eek:

Aww! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jVS...eature=related Guessing you're from there then huh?

and fanx love ooo! fluffy wooly sheeeeep

(Original post by Doojam)
    You clearly don't have a tumblr account
    Alas I don't indeed

ReputationRep:
    Aah gawd dayum. I even stalked your old posts to find that, but it was obviously you quoting someone else who applied to Worcester... I actually know where univ is.

Toodles. Boa noite (that's very nearly the limit of my portuguese right there. That and eu quero um abraco - I want a hug, always good to know)
    haha, hope you didn't find out my maths post where I advised someone to "just friggen draw the graph" or smth

0=my portuguese

ReputationRep:
    I see! Luckily I get to skip the joy that is FP3 because I'm only doing AS :woo: Although a Cambridge Econ second year did tell us how they whizzed through S1-S4 in just a few lectures! :eek:

Aww! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_jVS...eature=related Guessing you're from there then huh?

and fanx love ooo! fluffy wooly sheeeeep

Alas I don't indeed
    Haha well PPEists shouldn't need it, but y'know, lots of reading and shiz from what I hear. Actually looks quite an interesting course.

Ooh Rachel more than makes up for it don't you worry

Sheeps is mezzin lyk

That sleep idea was a good one.. though I don't have anything on till 11. Oh this is the life

ReputationRep:
    I was just stalking until now but OH HAI AMIGOS

(will apply in 2012. Good luck everyone!)

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.