Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Determined to change life for the better starting tomorrow. Namely using days off for good use, not 'sleep'. Though can sleep technically be classed as good use? :beard:

Wish I had motivation to make self work 9-5 every day.
    Sleep is definitely good :yes: Though I somewhat overdosed on it this morning and slept until my flatmate started knocking on my door telling me it was time to leave for uni! Fine on a lecture day, less good when I had a presentation to give :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Sleep is definitely good :yes: Though I somewhat overdosed on it this morning and slept until my flatmate started knocking on my door telling me it was time to leave for uni! Fine on a lecture day, less good when I had a presentation to give :facepalm:
    Aha, better than me, managed to set my alarm for 8pm rather than 8am and slept clean through my clinical skills this morning..

How was the presentation?
    I don't mind public speaking, its just I get nervous, so my voice shakes a bit, even know I don't actually mind... it's bizarre and annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Aha, better than me, managed to set my alarm for 8pm rather than 8am and slept clean through my clinical skills this morning..

How was the presentation?
    I don't mind public speaking, its just I get nervous, so my voice shakes a bit, even know I don't actually mind... it's bizarre and annoying.
    It was really weird.... I used to hate public speaking, so I have a massive supply of beta blockers for things like this, but I took them today at a far lower dose than usual, had no anxiety symptoms and kept noticing my mind wander off and then go "OMG I'm talking to a group of people!" and then wander off again. Thankfully my mouth works independently from my brain :rolleyes: Won't find out the results (tis 20% of a module) til end of March cos it's tied in with an essay we wrote which has to wait for external examiner people to validate the results.

ReputationRep:
    I've slept 5 hours since the weekend. Don't feel well.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find that NHS sinks in the accomodation or in toilets are either stupidly scalding hot or freezing cold? Or is it just East Anglia?

ReputationRep:
    I should swipe some beta blockers (should the need arise (OSCEs)) from the drugs trolley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Does anyone else find that NHS sinks in the accomodation or in toilets are either stupidly scalding hot or freezing cold? Or is it just East Anglia?
    I think it is the law...

(Original post by Captain Crash)
      Its something I've raised myself before in some london hospitals.
      God created mixer valves for a reason...

(Original post by SMed)
        I should swipe some beta blockers (should the need arise (OSCEs)) from the drugs trolley.
        I would suggest not.
        Unless you like the idea of being struck off before you even get started...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Jamie)
        Its something I've raised myself before in some london hospitals.
        God created mixer valves for a reason...
        At least the taps on the ward allow you to mix hot and cold - so that's not too bad.
        The ones in the toilets always are the stupid old ones with two separate taps, where the water is scalding hot and the cold tap leaves no peripheral circulation after use. :p:

ReputationRep:
        Is colomycin the same things as colistin? I get the impression that colomycin is a certain preparation of colistin, and there are others.

ReputationRep:
        Just had a lecture from Ben Goldacre about the evils of drug companies...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Wangers)
        Did you get all giddy and ask him to sign your stethoscope?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
        Did you get all giddy and ask him to sign your stethoscope?
        We're on three campuses, so where I was we had him via videolink, reflected glory if you will...:cool: He was very relaxed, introduced himself as Ben, only afterwards did I realise it was the Ben Goldacre...

ReputationRep:
        We're on three campuses, so where I was we had him via videolink, reflected glory if you will...:cool: He was very relaxed, introduced himself as Ben, only afterwards did I realise it was the Ben Goldacre...
        Cool. Is he a regular-ish lecturer?

ReputationRep:
        That's so awesome.

ReputationRep:
        I don't think so

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Kinkerz)
        That's so awesome.
        My school pwns your school :cool:

ReputationRep:
        My school pwns your school :cool:
        Quite possibly.

ReputationRep:
        He does that lecture once a year.

It's about being savvy about drug companies.

Doesn't come up in the exams :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.