University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
georgia246
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
That's why i'm settling for something else, lol. the thing you feel in on what matters to you if it counters sentinel you won't get put in. Don't say you like it quiet or something like that, lol
I do wonder how they chose who gets their first choice. I wonder if they take bribes..
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by georgia246)
I do wonder how they chose who gets their first choice. I wonder if they take bribes..
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=663

But for JB it seems to be pureluck
georgia246
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=663

But for JB it seems to be pureluck
Ah cheers, it's always reassuring to know you will most likely have people that you have stuff in common with! I'd hate to be put with quiet people, one of my friends at Nottingham trent's got stuck with people that don't go out for more than one day a week and go home every weekend... each to their own but.. wow.

Still just have to make the big JB or Tannery decision. You definitely Tannery?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah cheers, it's always reassuring to know you will most likely have people that you have stuff in common with! I'd hate to be put with quiet people, one of my friends at Nottingham trent's got stuck with people that don't go out for more than one day a week and go home every weekend... each to their own but.. wow.

Still just have to make the big JB or Tannery decision. You definitely Tannery?
wow, home every weekend? that would massively suck.

I'm 80% for tannery atm. How about you?
georgia246
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
wow, home every weekend? that would massively suck.

I'm 80% for tannery atm. How about you?
I'm still undecided :/ I haven't actually looked at the form yet so maybe I need to do that and see how much manipulation would be possible!
holly6946
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I didn't get time to look around The Tannery, it's a tower block right? Opal something? Is it nice? I liked North Hill Court and James Baillie doodah. Hated Clarence Dock (reminded me of an old people's home) and Leodis, it reminded me of a hospital. Who's with me? x
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm still undecided :/ I haven't actually looked at the form yet so maybe I need to do that and see how much manipulation would be possible!
Haha I've thought about it and it seems a bit impossible unless you know what everyone else thinks. If only they could expand it. It'd be even better with more people, anywhere else you'd go for?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by holly6946)
I didn't get time to look around The Tannery, it's a tower block right? Opal something? Is it nice? I liked North Hill Court and James Baillie doodah. Hated Clarence Dock (reminded me of an old people's home) and Leodis, it reminded me of a hospital. Who's with me? x
just read your blog and you're an amazing writer. Maybe i need to start going after girls who do english. It's somewhat captivating/sensual
- Major -
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
No problem! :five:

It looks good, if I do say so myself. :shades: Although the font and colours haven't shown up! Darn it TSR. :shifty:
Nvm about the colour and font still looks epic though. 2 people have already complimented the sig Thank you!!! You the MAYN !!! unless....You're a girl...Then You the WOMAYN !!!!!!!
georgia246
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Haha I've thought about it and it seems a bit impossible unless you know what everyone else thinks. If only they could expand it. It'd be even better with more people, anywhere else you'd go for?
To be honest before I went to the open day I kind of thought I;d fall in love with the The Tannery and would have no trouble deciding! Although I did like it I have doubts which, you know, is the norm, but I'd be happy realistically at JBP or Tannery.. Leodis I guess would be my third choice. I can't say I looked at the others but I guess maybe Clarence Dock or (I can't remember which one it is out of Oxley & Devonshire..) At the end of the day if i was in Henry Price I'd learn to live with that "bathroom" as well! haha.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
To be honest before I went to the open day I kind of thought I;d fall in love with the The Tannery and would have no trouble deciding! Although I did like it I have doubts which, you know, is the norm, but I'd be happy realistically at JBP or Tannery.. Leodis I guess would be my third choice. I can't say I looked at the others but I guess maybe Clarence Dock or (I can't remember which one it is out of Oxley & Devonshire..) At the end of the day if i was in Henry Price I'd learn to live with that "bathroom" as well! haha.
i think it's pretty much the same with me. Wished i had seen the tannery. Expectation ruined CD for me. I thought leodis was okay and was my first choice at some point but people seem to dislike it tho it's extremely close :dontknow: the pictures make you expect a lot more.
what was the kitchen in tannery like?
- Major -
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I chose the tannery for these reasons :-
I'm doing dentistry - seriously close to the worsley building.
Close to city centre
All undergrads so i doubt it'll be quite - i heard some people say they're worried it'll be too loud.
En suite - double beds. Pretty good location. Common room and shop on site and student bar is close
Close to all the other private student accommodation.
Close to the student union - First year a lot of stuff is gonna be happening around student union and stuff so yeah
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by - Major -)
I chose the tannery for these reasons :-
I'm doing dentistry - seriously close to the worsley building.
Close to city centre
All undergrads so i doubt it'll be quite - i heard some people say they're worried it'll be too loud.
En suite - double beds. Pretty good location. Common room and shop on site and student bar is close
Close to all the other private student accommodation.
Close to the student union - First year a lot of stuff is gonna be happening around student union and stuff so yeah
been there tho? Chosen it for similar reasons
- Major -
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
been there tho? Chosen it for similar reasons
Nah i didn't make it on the acommodation day but I've seen the area around it. Isn't that bad....you can live there for a year...
I've heard more good things about it than bad things...
Plus put it this way...Most people are worried about social life.
If you're a pub person/ bar person...Headlingley is the way to go since it has no clubs according to what people at the uni have told me.
If you're more into clubs and bars like me then go to city centre hence being close helps.
Also if you're doing dentistry / medicine You'll have some hardcore timetable hence it's important to get to lectures mostly and lots of them whereas you'll go out maybe 3-4 times a week? you can bus if you want to go to headlingley instead of bus-ing to uni everyday for lectures...
Well that's my opinion anyways.
holly6946
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
just read your blog and you're an amazing writer. Maybe i need to start going after girls who do english. It's somewhat captivating/sensual
Thank you, thank you!

You specimen of utter excellence.

xx
Nicola.Garner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by holly6946)
Where did you apply for in the end, because the space at north hill are filling up fast so it looks like a fair few people wont get their place there.... x
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really want to find some people applying to Henry price! Where are you all!!?!?!
Georgiiaa92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i want clarence dock, but i really don't know if i could hack the walk every day, especially for 9am lectures!
would prefer the tannery but its a bit expensive!
LifeGaveMeLemon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Georgiiaa92)
i want clarence dock, but i really don't know if i could hack the walk every day, especially for 9am lectures!
would prefer the tannery but its a bit expensive!
I love Clarence Dock too! However I'm not sure also about the distance from campus... I love the idea of ensuite and a bar and gym + stuff, but I dunno if I should go for Montague urton or something which is a lot closer but shared bathrooms! Hard choice!
Georgiiaa92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LifeGaveMeLemon)
I love Clarence Dock too! However I'm not sure also about the distance from campus... I love the idea of ensuite and a bar and gym + stuff, but I dunno if I should go for Montague urton or something which is a lot closer but shared bathrooms! Hard choice!
i know, it says it's over 2 miles from clarence to uni, which would take ages to walk (and according to google maps, 48 minutes!) but my friend's staying there now and she gets there in half an hour at the most. still, it's not very practical for the winter. i think i'll still apply there, its only 1 year after all.
i quite liked montague when i visited, but i think it's awful how in all the shared bathroom accommodation, there is only 1 toilet and 1 shower between 5!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads