Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tejmasta)
    I put that but google keeps telling me that it is nitrite ion not nitrate
    Could we have had Nitrogen (III) dioxide ? How were we meant to know it was nitrite lmao. And nitrate is NO3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdee)
    I put propellant in aerosols too, hope its right
    I'm pretty sure it is, that's what it says on wikipedia. You're just showing off

ReputationRep:
    I put Nitrogen III dioxide... but seeing as it was 2 marks..
    I might get 1 for the (III) haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintCrepz)
    Could have had Nitrogen (III) dioxide ?
    I put the same They might allow it if they are feeling kind

ReputationRep:
    1. (Original post by Sensy)
      What was another use of CFCs? I put for aerosols but I'm not 100% sure

Blowing agents (for plastics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MintCrepz)
    Could we have had Nitrogen (III) dioxide ? How were we meant to know it was nitrite lmao.
    i thought that too but it was an ion so i went for nitrate

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Should not have read through this, thought the exam went well until I realised all the questions I managed to get wrong.

ReputationRep:
    For the equilibrium bit it was:

Yield falls as eq shifts in endothermic direction and then yield increases as shifts to side with fewer moles (Very simplified answer lol)

In the increased temp bit was it the usual: Rate increases as more particles have the energy required to collide, this means there are more successful collisions per unit of time

Is it correct to say the rate of the backward reaction also increases ?

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't matter tbh. You learn this in F335 in a bit more detail; the A2 revision guide also writes Nitrate (III) ion:

Name:  IMAG0965.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  349.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)

Yield falls as eq shifts in endothermic direction and then yield increases as shifts to side with fewer moles (Very simplified answer lol)

In the increased temp bit was it the usual: Rate increases as more particles have the energy required to collide, this means there are more successful collisions per unit of time

I also put increase. But I struggled on that, crossed out increases, then wrote decreases, then wrote no change, and finally agreed on increase lol!

I would imagine that it would increase it as well, as increasing the temperature should have an equal impact on both the forward and backward reaction...

ReputationRep:
    Revision guide says nitrate

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I think mark scheme accepts both oh wells a mark or two lost haha
    Technically he is correct, but on all OCR salter's papers, you get a mark for writing that despite it seaming obvious, because they wont to know if you know that vibrational energy is kinetic, so you will defiantly get the marks, and certainly not lose any for writing it down.

ReputationRep:

I put decrease, increase
    Same for the rate question
    and yes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambbs)
    Anyone else hate that last 6 mark question on the advance notice? Thought the paper was going alright up until I got to that question, I didn't have a clue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hated it. I don't understand what the answer really is for that question. Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    With hindsight, I think I probably should have looked at chapter 11.3 of chemical ideas, considering the press release article was called 'Atmospheric Nitrogen: Out of Thin Air' :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    I hated it. I don't understand what the answer really is for that question. Anyone know?
    the answer was all in the prerelease text. all you had to do was basically copy out what it said

ReputationRep:
    Estimated mark for A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Water?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Revision guide says nitrate
    Page 246 of Chemical ideas, table at the bottom. I remember the question said to give the systematic name, so I don't know if both are acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    I think you're literally just lifting out that last paragraph on page 3 of the advanced notice. The advanced notice is more of a reading comprehension compared to the rest of the paper.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.