Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Physics Unit 2 "Physics at work" June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: The last question - Does resistance increase or decrease?
    It increases ( using V=IR or some other method)
    70.73%
    It decreases using the 'lattice vibrations' theory
    29.27%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    When is results day?
    15th august I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    So what is the answer to the last question? does it increase or decrease? or does it stay the same
    resistance decrease

ReputationRep:
    why isnt anyone discussing the polarisation question .?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi85)
    why isnt anyone discussing the polarisation question .?
    It was straightforward in my opinion but I might have got it all wrong :P
    the definition was alright but there were 3 marks so who knows what else they wanted apart from stating that the oscillations are in only one plane (1) perpendicular to the direction of propagation (2)
    I included a diagram and stated that only transverse waves can be plane polarized but I have a feeling I missed what they wanted
    Then you had to comment about the polarizing filters.
    135-45=90 so each filter lets light whose oscillation is in a particular plane (something along those lines) and the difference is 90
    Tilting your head changes the angle of polarization and the difference is no longer 90 degrees so each filter is able to let in light that wasn't meant to be let in
    I don't remember the other questions, sorry :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    the definition was alright but there were 3 marks so who knows what else they wanted apart from stating that the oscillations are in only one plane (1) perpendicular to the direction of propagation (2)
    I included a diagram and stated that only transverse waves can be plane polarized but I have a feeling I missed what they wanted
    135-45=90 so each filter lets light whose oscillation is in a particular plane (something along those lines) and the difference is 90
    Tilting your head changes the angle of polarization and the difference is no longer 90 degrees so each filter is able to let in light that wasn't meant to be let in
    lol ur answers sound so right , i dont think im getting much marks cuz i didnt write the main points :mad::mad::mad: im so scared abt getting a low mark , i even screwed up in the electricity questions .. in the 3d glasses question , i jst wrote that light is unpolarised so it gets polarised bla bla .. and for the tilting ur head question i wrote that if u more , ur

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    sorry ill continue here , so if u move ur head , the light is once again unpolarised and and is has ton be in the angle "the right angle " bla bla , im so scared to get a low mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimi85)
    sorry ill continue here , so if u move ur head , the light is once again unpolarised and and is has ton be in the angle "the right angle " bla bla , im so scared to get a low mark
    Don't worry. I don't think i'll get full marks in this question because the mark scheme is likely to be picky. I hope you get the grade you want the last question is bound to lower the grade boundaries :P I answered it badly to say the least :P

ReputationRep:
    what 6 markers came up in march this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 789tom789)
    what 6 markers came up in march this year?
    There were no 6 markers but there were 5 markers. Don't worry, the questions weren't as crazy as January's (unit 1)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the time of the gcse edexcel p2 exam 18/6/13?
    all I know is that its in the morning

ReputationRep:
    Why can't I access results plus direct registration page?!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munchee)
    Why can't I access results plus direct registration page?!??
    why would you register now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    I know its a bit late but what did you put for the voltmeter with low resistance question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    Surely it says to do so on or before today.....! Anyway I think it's too much traffic..... That's why it never does load

ReputationRep:
    Guys apparently the answer to the last question is that resistance decreases ( it should be answered using the lattice vibrations theory ) so I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    Guys apparently the answer to the last question is that resistance decreases ( it should be answered using the lattice vibrations theory ) so I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What the ****.
    That question was soo vague and flawed and ambiguous......

I could understand the question in 3 ways
    ..so.I devided the page and wrote all 3 combinations stating my assumptions.......:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    What the ****.
    That question was soo vague and flawed and ambiguous......

I could understand the question in 3 ways
    ..so.I devided the page and wrote all 3 combinations stating my assumptions.......:mad:
    Haha l share the same view :P
    Do you have any idea about the cap mark? i.e. mark at which you get full ums?
    i reckon 74? how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    woaah dude watch where u are going unit 2 full ums never gone above 66-68 so im thinking 68 or something assuming an A is 58 which never happened its always lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x0x)
    For unit 1
    I'll say 65 for full ums.
    54 for A

For unit 2:
    I'll say 70 for full sums
    59 for A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
    For unit 1
    I'll say 65 for full ums.
    54 for A

For unit 2:
    I'll say 70 for full sums
    59 for A
    Yeah sounds right to me
    Thank god I didn't have to sit unit one again, that paper turned me into a pessimistic student

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.