Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pirateship)
    is it just me, or are these the same as the AEA?
    Nah. I did the AEA papers and while AEA just drags on, this doesn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well, looks like we're pretty much here. good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! My teacher told me that the most important preparation is a good night's sleep, so get to bed

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying the CS questions are nice, I'm relying on getting around 25 across both questions to have a chance :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR561)
    I'm praying the CS questions are nice, I'm relying on getting around 25 across both questions to have a chance :/
    Me too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to arrive 40 minutes early (so 20 more than recommended) because my mom was so stressed out she made me take an earlier train. Anybody have tips on what to do as last-minute preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say relaxing is the wisest thing to do right now. And I'm taking the test in 20 minutes...Good luck everyone!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Admissions Testing Service exams (used by the University of Oxford, Imperial College London and some Medical schools) are international exams. As a result, some candidates in one country may have already completed an exam that hasn't yet started elsewhere. In order to keep these exams as fair as possible, we'll close threads on the following entrance exams on the 6th November and reopen them at 5pm the following day:

BMAT (BioMedical Admissions Test)
    CAT (Classics Admissions Test)
    ELAT (English Literature Admissions Test)
    HAT (History Aptitude Test)
    MAT (Mathematics Admissions Test)
    MLAT (Modern Languages Admissions Test)
    OLAT (Oriental Languages Aptitude Test)
    PAT (Physics Aptitude Test)
    TSA (Thinking Skills Assessment)

This means no post-exam discussion is permitted until 5pm (UK time) on the 7th November - not even "I found it hard/easy", "I dropped my pencil", and could include conveying this via smilies or similar. The line between

"I found it hard" and
    "I found question 2 hard" and
    "I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard"

is very blurred. What starts as innocent discussion can turn into disclosures of exam content. We're therefore operating a zero tolerance policy on discussing these exams.

Anyone breaking this rule on TSR will receive a 10 point warning and may be banned from the site.

PLEASE NOTE: this rule applies to any form of discussion, including, but not limited to, PMs (Private Messages).

If you see anyone breaking these rules, please report them to the moderation team by using the report button.

Good luck to everyone sitting these exams!

ReputationRep:
    so now we can post ?

ReputationRep:
    lol id rather not

anyway, hows everyone preparing for the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    So its okay for me to say that went ****ing horribly?

ReputationRep:
    Please don't take this badly, but.. For all of our sakes.. I hope you all did really badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    Please don't take this badly, but.. For all of our sakes.. I hope you all did really badly
    I agree with you, why be a **** remembering the questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    I second that, can we have a poll to see how everyone thinks they done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    lol id rather not

anyway, hows everyone preparing for the interviews?
    After that paper? By thinking 'why did I ever think I was good enough apply to Oxford (or Imperial)?!?'

Best of luck with everything - looks like you'll be needing to find yourself another tutorial partner after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lbpman1)
    I second that, can we have a poll to see how everyone thinks they done?
    Yes, please!! (I don't know how you create them )

ReputationRep:
    I answered Q5 and Q6 (30 marks) almost if not perfectly and half of the multiple choice part within 1.5 hours (+/- 25 minutes uncertainty).

Unfortunately it went downhill from there. I am guessing I got 50% if I am generous.

I got:
    AQA Maths (Full AS): 96.7% UMS
    AQA Further Maths (Full AS): 95.3% UMS

I was not sick and I did feel physically good when doing the MAT; the problem was how I approached the questions - I just dived straight into the questions without thinking or spending time strategising before attempting the question.

I am guessing I found it hard but people found it easy? I could not do the second question of Q2 and consequently I did not do the other questions on Q2.

I hope Oxford considers AS grades in addition to my maths challenge UKMT scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayonara)
    I answered Q5 and Q6 (30 marks) almost if not perfectly and half of the multiple choice part within 1.5 hours (+/- 25 minutes uncertainty).

Unfortunately it went downhill from there. I am guessing I got 50% if I am generous.

I got:
    AQA Maths (Full AS): 96.7% UMS
    AQA Further Maths (Full AS): 95.3% UMS

I was not sick and I did feel physically good when doing the MAT; the problem was how I approached the questions - I just dived straight into the questions without thinking or spending time strategising before attempting the question.

I am guessing I found it hard but people found it easy? I could not do the second question of Q2 and consequently I did not do the other questions on Q2.

I hope Oxford considers AS grades in addition to my maths challenge UKMT scores.
    They don't. They use a combination of MAT and GCSEs (mostly MAT) when it comes to allocating the 650 or so people to interview.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2509868

POLL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.