Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-man)
    Do you think the cut off might have been 58/60 if no one with 57 has recieved an interview?
    Its definitely way too early to start worrying, there's still loads more interviews to be given out! I know its hard but be patient, chances are if i've got an interview with 58 you will too

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my coach ticket to Leicester for my interview - it just got real! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeymr)
    Its definitely way too early to start worrying, there's still loads more interviews to be given out! I know its hard but be patient, chances are if i've got an interview with 58 you will too
    I know! Its just when I went to the open day I was completely sold!
    Have you heard from anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    I know! Its just when I went to the open day I was completely sold!
    Have you heard from anywhere else?
    I've never even been to leicester before haha, its like a 6 hour drive so I couldnt go to the open day
    No not yet, i hear back from Oxford on Wednesday but i'm definitely not holding my breath (my BMAT is horrific haha )
    Have you?

ReputationRep:
    I've never even been to leicester before haha, its like a 6 hour drive so I couldnt go to the open day
    No not yet, i hear back from Oxford on Wednesday but i'm definitely not holding my breath (my BMAT is horrific haha )
    Have you?
    Gonna be a long trip for you on your interview day!
    Got an interview for bristol

ReputationRep:
    There are three rounds of interviews. And only a week of invites that have happened so far.

Give it time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be a long trip for you on your interview day!
    Got an interview for bristol
    Yeah i know oh well, plenty of time to re-read the interview book a couple of times
    Oh wow, well done! When is that?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I have applied here. How do we find out our preinterview score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msc...ug13incSJT.pdf

Try this to work out your score!

ReputationRep:
    57 points! Is this promising or average?

Since the pre interview score is the basis for selection for interview at Leicester I assumed everyone would have worked out their score before choosing to apply here is that not the case? It just seems like common sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DutchyBoy)
      57 points! Is this promising or average?
      It's above average and you're in with a shot of an interview with that score

LAst year 57 was an automatic interview, and already we have seen 58's get interviews but no one has any way of really telling whether or not the automatic threshold will remain at 57 or go up to 58 or whatever! BUT, fear not, 57 is definitely in the ball park and at the very least (in my opinion) will be the score at which personal statements may be looked at in order to determine interviews It'll all be apparent son enough! Good luck mate
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Arabian_doc)
      To those that got 60 and are worrying, there's no reason to worry, the reason you may not have got an interview yet is because Leicester have actually changed the admissions process for 2014 entry. All applicants are now given a score out of 90 (counting the PS) and the top 750 are invited for interview!
      That's not true.
      They say they MAY use ps and score it out of thirty. They did this last year to look at people just outside their cut off. See the link posted earlier to see this year's selection process.

The fact that some people with 60 haven't heard anything is simply due to the fact that Leicester have only sent out December invites. There are still interviews in Jan and Feb but it's likely we won't hear anything until nearer the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Purpledoc)
      Hi ... Yes meeeee..( international ) And am sure there are many more internationals .. 60/60 and no word yet from leicester. Got an interview invite fm dundee and thats it . For lecester most interview invites seem to be for Dec . I am still keeping my hopes alive for Jan . What do you think Do u think we still stand a fair chance ? Thanks and best of luck .

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I got an interview for December, but maybe because I am currently on a gap year, and already have my A levels. Having 60/60 means you do have a very good chance, so. Congrats for the one from dundee.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by medic77)
      Got a rejection from them a couple of days ago
      Oh...

ReputationRep:
      anyone have any idea of what the verbal communication station might consist of? :-)

ReputationRep:
      has anyone got an interview with 57 yet??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jonnyc)
      has anyone got an interview with 57 yet??
      I was wondering the same!!!

ReputationRep:
      Yeah i know oh well, plenty of time to re-read the interview book a couple of times
      Oh wow, well done! When is that?
      6th February so its abit of a long wait!

ReputationRep:
      Hi,
      I've got an interview at the university of Leicester for medicine and was wondering if anyone could tell me what an interview at the university of Leicester is like.
      All I know is it consists of 8 stations testing different aspects.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.