The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emcat
Me too. Even with exams I've been off since mid June and I'm just really eager to get back into the swing of things.

I agree! Hi btw!:wavey: have you given a breakdown? If not:

GCSEs (and grades if you want)
A Levels?
Unis?

My favourite question, speak any foreign languages?:biggrin:
Reply 1001
Original post by techno836
Haha good luck :lol: what you expecting :smile:

I don't know, lower than the As I was predicted though I'm sure! Yourself?:smile:

Also, what - and this may sound like a ridiculous question - is everyone planning on buying/already bought stationery wise for next year? I'm really not sure what I'll need!
Reply 1002
Original post by emcat
Me too. Even with exams I've been off since mid June and I'm just really eager to get back into the swing of things.

I'm the exactly the same as you! I'm bored now i just want to start....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1003
Original post by Cynical.
I don't know, lower than the As I was predicted though I'm sure! Yourself?:smile:

Also, what - and this may sound like a ridiculous question - is everyone planning on buying/already bought stationery wise for next year? I'm really not sure what I'll need!

Getting mine on Saturday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might be posting in this thread a bit so could you add me on those lists.

A levels- Maths and fm (edexcel).
Physics and Chem (AQA)
Reply 1005

A * in English lit, biology, chemistry and A in physics and maths stats :h:

I have some stuff :h: I still need to get my bag and my folders/books (but i'm not too sure what my school provides :s-smilie: )
Reply 1006
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I agree! Hi btw!:wavey: have you given a breakdown? If not:

GCSEs (and grades if you want)
A Levels?
Unis?

My favourite question, speak any foreign languages?:biggrin:

I haven't yet.

GCSEs (I only have my overall mark for Maths)
Maths-A (one mark off an A*, so I resat it)
English Literature
English Language
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
French
German
BTEC ICT
Media Studies (:angry:)

A Levels
Biology
Maths
History
English Literature

I haven't really given a tonne of thought to unis yet.

I can speak very limited French and German. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1007
A * in English lit, biology, chemistry and A in physics and maths stats :h:

I have some stuff :h: I still need to get my bag and my folders/books (but i'm not too sure what my school provides :s-smilie: )

By the looks of it, my school provides nothing. We have to get everything ourselves :frown: (for books use amazon/ebay it's far much cheaper)
Reply 1008
Original post by Farhan96
Might be posting in this thread a bit so could you add me on those lists.

A levels- Maths and fm (edexcel).
Physics and Chem (AQA)

Yepp done :h:
Reply 1009
Original post by Mr.Nor
By the looks of it, my school provides nothing. We have to get everything ourselves :frown: (for books use amazon/ebay it's far much cheaper)

I know my school provides a maths folder and book because I started it this year :lol: but I'm going to get a new one as my mum uses that folder :facepalm:
Reply 1010
Original post by Mr.Nor

Yeah, this is a problem I'm finding as well, not sure what I'll be given. Will see who's around on Thursday and ask I guess. But I'm doing half my subjects (Physics & Chemistry) at a different school - it's sort of a joint consortium thingy - and have no idea if I'll get exercise books or anything for them, and have no way of finding out beforehand. D:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by emcat
I haven't yet.

GCSEs (I only have my overall mark for Maths)Maths-A (one mark off an A*, so I resat it)
English Literature
English Language
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
History
French
German
BTEC ICT
Media Studies (:angry:)

A Levels
Biology
Maths
History
English Literature

I haven't really given a tonne of thought to unis yet.

I can speak very limited French and German. :smile:

:awesome:

I've done all those bar the BTEC and German :smile:

Interesting mix :holmes: why bio with no chem? History and maths are great :yep:

How limited it limited?:tongue:
Reply 1012
I know my school provides a maths folder and book because I started it this year :lol: but I'm going to get a new one as my mum uses that folder :facepalm:

I have to get 7 folders :frown:

Yeah, this is a problem I'm finding as well, not sure what I'll be given. Will see who's around on Thursday and ask I guess. But I'm doing half my subjects (Physics & Chemistry) at a different school - it's sort of a joint consortium thingy - and have no idea if I'll get exercise books or anything for them, and have no way of finding out beforehand. D:

Get some like note books just in case?
Reply 1013
Original post by Mr.Nor

I will I will, and if I don't need them I'm sure they'll be used for something along the line:tongue: More important decisions to be made though...rucksack or messenger bag...my bag from last year has succumbed to old age, but managed to get me through Years 9 - 11!
I will I will, and if I don't need them I'm sure they'll be used for something along the line:tongue: More important decisions to be made though...rucksack or messenger bag...my bag from last year has succumbed to old age, but managed to get me through Years 9 - 11!

Mines a messenger! Although it can hurt your shoulders... With the load :redface:
Reply 1015
Mines a messenger! Although it can hurt your shoulders... With the load :redface:

Yeah, my old one was too. On the bright side, no PE kits to lug around this year:biggrin:
Reply 1016
Original post by Mr.Nor

I'm planning to ask on results day :smile: and I'll need 4 maybe 5 ... why 7 :O
Reply 1017

I'm using a rucksack this year because of a heavier load :smile:
Reply 1018
I'm planning to ask on results day :smile: and I'll need 4 maybe 5 ... why 7 :O

1 for each unit per subject, I thought it'd be easier to organize that way?
Reply 1019

I prefer messenger bags .. I just need one big enough now though :lol:

think I might have 4 ringbinder folders for home and 4 standard smaller folders for taking into school :smile:

Latest