Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    I'm going City University London. Admittedly I'm not Somali
    What did you get??

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone got what grades they needed!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey x is anyone on here going to De montfort uni?
    I don't think there are as many somali's going compared to Coventry but I think (hope) it's pretty close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basmaay)
    Hey x is anyone on here going to De montfort uni?
    I don't think there are as many somali's going compared to Coventry but I think (hope) it's pretty close
    What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugoalmeida)
    ahhh well done!!! ahha you not?? Okaay...

i insured brunel missed my firm so currently im going there...

i just dont know if i should transfer to city university london... its location is better its a weee bit closer but i think brunel is a wee bit better for my course (civil engineering)...

what course are you doing?
    BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management - Cass Business School

(Original post by Secretnerd123)
    What did you get??
    A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    AbdulKarim if you're serious about your grades then mashaAllah congrats!!!! :congrats: you could've gone to a top russell group uni with those grades though

ReputationRep:
    AbdulKarim if you're serious about your grades then mashaAllah congrats!!!! :congrats: you could've gone to a top russell group uni with those grades though
    Thanks although I'm perfectly happy with City. Don't think I'd change course, even if I got offered. RG means nothing tbh, unless you want to go into research, as they get funded a **** tonne of money for their research or the targets for Investment Banking

One of my colleagues is going to QMUL so take care of her :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks although I'm perfectly happy with City. Don't think I'd change course, even if I got offered. RG means nothing tbh, unless you want to go into research, as they get funded a **** tonne of money for their research or the targets for Investment Banking

One of my colleagues is going to QMUL so take care of her :rolleyes:

Your parents must have been ecstatic!
    Did u celebrate?

What is she studying?

ReputationRep:
    Your parents must have been ecstatic!
    Did u celebrate?

What is she studying?
    They were happy, although I had work to do.

International Relations.

Well and another is going to study History and my friend at school going there to study Mechanical Engineering.

ReputationRep:
    They were happy, although I had work to do.

International Relations.

Well and another is going to study History and my friend at school going there to study Mechanical Engineering.
    You know many people goung qm lol

What date you starting? I have a month left. Not sure how I feel about this esp since we've moved to west london and uni is even more of a commute now

ReputationRep:
    You know many people goung qm lol

What date you starting? I have a month left. Not sure how I feel about this esp since we've moved to west london and uni is even more of a commute now
    Yeah, good uni

I'm planning on living in halls so won't have the problem. I start on the 9th Sept, as Cass students do a pre-sessional maths course. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good uni

I'm planning on living in halls so won't have the problem. I start on the 9th Sept, as Cass students do a pre-sessional maths course. How about yourself?
    I start 15th but freshers faire is 17th so that whole week is just freshers events. Lectures start 22nd slightly nervous..

ReputationRep:
    I start 15th but freshers faire is 17th so that whole week is just freshers events. Lectures start 22nd slightly nervous..
    Nervous for what.. I'm hella excited :lol:. Although I've met quite a few people who'll be studying at Cass already

ReputationRep:
    Nervous for what.. I'm hella excited :lol:. Although I've met quite a few people who'll be studying at Cass already
    Nervous about meeting people lol. I met a girl on here who was supposed to start my course and we became friends but she didn't make the grades so won't be coming qm shes going city instead. The req are higher in city but she got lucky through clearing

I know 2 other people who'll be on my course but idk..
    I'm just gonna be myself amd hope for the best I guess

ReputationRep:
    Nervous about meeting people lol. I met a girl on here who was supposed to start my course and we became friends but she didn't make the grades so won't be coming qm shes going city instead. The req are higher in city but she got lucky through clearing

I know 2 other people who'll be on my course but idk..
    I'm just gonna be myself amd hope for the best I guess
    Friends are easy to make. I'm pretty sure everyone in freshers is trying to make friends so you can talk to anyone. I'm trying to assert my dominance in the first week :lol:. Make a gang :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Friends are easy to make. I'm pretty sure everyone in freshers is trying to make friends so you can talk to anyone. I'm trying to assert my dominance in the first week :lol:. Make a gang :cool:
    Hahah what happened to that 'I'm not going to uni to make friends. I'm going to study 24/7' line you used to post

ReputationRep:
    Hahah what happened to that 'I'm not going to uni to make friends. I'm going to study 24/7' line you used to post
    Networking =/= Making friends

ReputationRep:
    Networking =/= Making friends
    When does your apprentiship end?

ReputationRep:
    When does your apprentiship end?
    I'm not doing an apprenticeship. Internship ends on 29th august, however.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Yasmin and I've come here for some serious life advice.
    I'm 15 (16 in a few days) , about to start year 12 and I'm quite an academic person.

I've been studying Arabic for five years and my mum suggested that I could stay in Somalia (Hargeisa, Somaliland) to learn Arabic and Somali for a year then I could return to education. I really want to go as I don't really know my culture very well and this is a perfect opportunity.

However I really don't want to miss a year of education, even if I will receive my GCSE results in a week. My brother stayed in Somalia for half a year. Before he left, he got Es and wasn't very good. When he began his A levels again he got A*AA, so that gives me hope.

I just don't want to be left behind whilst all my peers excel. I have until September to decide...

Sorry for the long post, please be nice with your advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.