Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Good luck with MoFo

If you don't mind answering, when did you apply to HSF?
    Merci HSF was ages ago, I think first week of December. It was for the spring scheme. They got back to me just before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    Thank you I applied to Weil around the 20th of December. MoFo are pretty interesting, think of them as the American version of Bird & Bird but with significantly deeper pockets (I believe Apple is one of their clients)

Amusingly, Weil's PFO's are more of a FO. It's just three sentences: "Thank you for you're application to Weil. Your application has been unsuccesful. Best of luck for the future"
    I applied about a similar time - expecting the same result!

Big dogs then, surprised I haven't heard of them!

ReputationRep:
    I have dyslexia and I've got to complete the CC and FF verbal reasoning test. Should I contact them to tell them this? or will it affect my chances..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Slaughter and May interview
    Well done! This for a Easter Scheme or a Summer Scheme. I'm still waiting to hear back, don't think that can be good tbh :/ xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Beaverhausen)
    Well done! This for a Easter Scheme or a Summer Scheme. I'm still waiting to hear back, don't think that can be good tbh :/ xx
    Thanks! Summer

ReputationRep:
    I applied about a similar time - expecting the same result!

Big dogs then, surprised I haven't heard of them!
    I guess when you get a mix of rejections and interview invites, it shows how each firm is looking for perhaps a certain personality type. That's the way I like to think of it. Hopefully you'll hear something positive soon!

Oh don't be surprised, they seem to be rather elusive when it comes to graduate advertising (as compared to other firms). It's a pity because there are certain things which some students might find attractive about them. For instance, they were first international firm in London to have a black Managing Partner (Trevor James).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Summer
    Nice! When did you apply? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mj43)
    I have dyslexia and I've got to complete the CC and FF verbal reasoning test. Should I contact them to tell them this? or will it affect my chances..
    I would contact them to get any adjustments you need to be made. I do not think it can harm your chances as I think that may fall under discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMikeRoss)
    PMed you
    I also have a video interview and would love to know what comes up too. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Is the situational judgement test for HSF automatic on submitting the form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Beaverhausen)
    Nice! When did you apply? )
    A couple of weeks into December so not too long ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by givemegoodnews)
    Is the situational judgement test for HSF automatic on submitting the form?
    Nope, it isn't
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliveoriginalmix)
    Hi,

Not sure if this had been discussed, just registered not so long ago.

Just want to understand this whole process:

If you go for a vac scheme, you are pretty much going for the selection for TC at the end.

I mean to think about it, it is really about putting all your eggs in one basket. Unless it is true that in your 3rd year you stand an equal chance in another vac scheme...

Has anyone been able to squeeze in 2 or more vac schemes during summer?
    Depending on who they got offers from and their other commitments, I have known people to squeeze in 4 over the summer. Personally I wouldn't recommend doing that many as vacation scheme fatigue is usually pretty evident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saz03)
    I also have a video interview and would love to know what comes up too. Thank you!
    Pmed you also, seems like Mishcon are really starting to get going, I imagine they'll confirm their assessment centre date soon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mj43)
    Yes you should. You don't have to declare the dyslexia, only the fact that you need the reasonable adjustments. They will usually ask what adjustments you get for you university examinations (usually a percentage of the time allocated added on) and will then apply that to the tests. However they can't add the time unless you tell them.

You should also remind them when it comes to any assessment centres for things like written exercises or case studies.

They will advise if they a re unable to provide the reasonable adjustment and will have to give a rationale as to why they can't provide it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone come across a question that asks to describe a task, project in which you did well in? Does anyone know if they expect you to talk about great achievements etc? or for example, would a client interviewing competition do?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Latham & Watkins?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone have experience of an assessment day at Holman Fenwick Willan?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone had an interview for Stephenson Harwood Vac Scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes CMS Cameron McKenna (or any firm) to respond after sitting the Watson Glaser?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.