Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Wishing i applied to bath over surrey...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?Because of the placement year?

ReputationRep:
    I can't choose between bath (with placement) or warwick economics course...
    what do you guys think it will be my3rd choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    What are your other choices?

Bath is probably less competitive (although I don't know whether the placement year will make the course more competitive?) so if you've gone for really top unis for your first 2 that may be something to consider?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick Econ>Bath Econ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    What are your other choices?

Bath is probably less competitive (although I don't know whether the placement year will make the course more competitive?) so if you've gone for really top unis for your first 2 that may be something to consider?
    LSE-A*AA
    UCL-A*AA
    Bristol-AAA
    Queen Mary-AAA
    Those 3As one will most likely to be backup choice so i am hoping to at least get one offer from the 3A*AA unis.

ReputationRep:
    LSE-A*AA
    UCL-A*AA
    Bristol-AAA
    Queen Mary-AAA
    Those 3As one will most likely to be backup choice so i am hoping to at least get one offer from the 3A*AA unis.
    I'd say Warwick then, unless you're desperate to do a placement year

ReputationRep:
    LSE-A*AA
    UCL-A*AA
    Bristol-AAA
    Queen Mary-AAA
    Isn't Bristol A*AA?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Warwick then, unless you're desperate to do a placement year
    Yeah pretty sure warwick offers summer internship connections with large firms, but i am not sure how competitive is warwick (i mean the ratio of successful application to total applications) My AS results are 4As and 1B with A*3As prediction
    Do you think my choices are too risky tho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Isn't Bristol A*AA?
    The 4 years course is AAA

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty sure warwick offers summer internship connections with large firms, but i am not sure how competitive is warwick (i mean the ratio of successful application to total applications) My AS results are 4As and 1B with A*3As prediction
    Do you think my choices are too risky tho?
    I think it's something like 3 applicants per place so fairly competitive, more so than bath anyway

I've applied and I have the same AS results as you, although higher A2 predictions but you're in a fairly good position

Personally I went for 3 competitive ones (Cambridge, Warwick and Durham(well durham's not mega competitive but still 2 apps per place) and 2 less competitive notts and leeds, so you'd be in a similar position to me

If you're worried about not getting into LSE and UCL I would maybe be tempted to go for Bath as they've given out loads of offers already

Have you been to either campus?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's something like 3 applicants per place so fairly competitive, more so than bath anyway

I've applied and I have the same AS results as you, although higher A2 predictions but you're in a fairly good position

Personally I went for 3 competitive ones (Cambridge, Warwick and Durham(well durham's not mega competitive but still 2 apps per place) and 2 less competitive notts and leeds, so you'd be in a similar position to me

If you're worried about not getting into LSE and UCL I would maybe be tempted to go for Bath as they've given out loads of offers already

Have you been to either campus?
    I know haha 3 of my 4As are 87-88% so no A* predictions for those subjects:/ I am more than happy to go to Bristol for their 4 years course but not sure about Queen Mary (just another backup lol)
    I have been to the Warwick campus 2 years ago but was thinking about chemistry at that time and at the end i dropped it because of the B grade-_- Therefore i am not sure about their economics department. Personally i dont mind the campus environment but it could be a bit boring i guess?

ReputationRep:
    The 4 years course is AAA
    So that means including the masters huh?

ReputationRep:
    So that means including the masters huh?
    A year of study abroad in Europe, think it is still Bsc

ReputationRep:
    A year of study abroad in Europe, think it is still Bsc
    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...c-econ-europe/
    This one?
    Wow L100 Economics entry requirements are A*AA.Isn't this a competitive course?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...c-econ-europe/
    This one?
    Wow L100 Economics entry requirements are A*AA.Isn't this a competitive course?
    Yeah definitely but not as competitive as warwick ucl those i guess?...
    Still worth a try tho i think and it is a perfect university for backup

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely but not as competitive as warwick ucl those i guess?...
    Still worth a try tho i think and it is a perfect university for backup
    I never knew that.I was going for the A*AA Economics course.I am still finishing off my personal statement.I've produced a shortlist of universities.
    Manchester,Leeds,UCL,KCL,Surrey, Warwick,Bath,Bristol and Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    I never knew that.I was going for the A*AA Economics course.I am still finishing off my personal statement.I've produced a shortlist of universities.
    Manchester,Leeds,UCL,KCL,Surrey, Warwick,Bath,Bristol and Birmingham.
    UCL Warwick Bath Bristol are really good i think, not sure about Leeds because i have never visited there but i don't like birmingham and manchester personally. Surrey has been increasing their entry offers quite a lot in recent years( don't know why they ask for A*AA) and KCL one is economics and management?

ReputationRep:
    I know haha 3 of my 4As are 87-88% so no A* predictions for those subjects:/ I am more than happy to go to Bristol for their 4 years course but not sure about Queen Mary (just another backup lol)
    I have been to the Warwick campus 2 years ago but was thinking about chemistry at that time and at the end i dropped it because of the B grade-_- Therefore i am not sure about their economics department. Personally i dont mind the campus environment but it could be a bit boring i guess?
    Ah fair enough

Warwicks economics department is pretty big, I think it has the most funding of any department on campus? So it's pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough

Warwicks economics department is pretty big, I think it has the most funding of any department on campus? So it's pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's cool
    btw what is your backup uni and have you got offers yet

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Warwick is a campus university?Isn't it like Manchester?I mean it's similar to Nottingham then?a campus site university

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.