Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08JOB)
    Can anyone remember their answer to the raw food one? I chose "raw food is no better for health than cooked food" because the passage seemed to be based on refuting the claim that raw food was better for you than cooked food, but I'm beginning to doubt myself
    Don't worry about it mate, you're right. The conclusion was that "Raw Food was better for you than cooked food", with reasons 1. Cooked food is easier to digest, 2. Raw food has certain hazards. The introduction about the public's perception of raw food was just to set a context

ReputationRep:
    Was the answer to the birthday question not robert? I thought his birthday was the 350th day

ReputationRep:
    The birthday was definitely Robert, whose birthday was the 351st day in the year.

The grandparents question was quite easy - it was 12 great-great-grandparents. Normally you would have 16 GGGPs but because 4 of your GGPs were from 2 families, they only have 4 GGGPs from that side of the family. Add this to the normal 8 from the other side - gives you 12.

ReputationRep:
    It might have been Robert. In fact, now that I think of it, it probably IS Robert, since D was the answer and the options were given in alphabetical order, so Robert would have come before Ruth.

I couldn't wrap my head around the great-great-grandparents question at all (though that might have been due to the fact it was one of the last questions).

The penultimate question (adults, children and senior citizens at a museum) was irritating. I worked with some estimates I thought to be fairly solid, but none of the pie charts matched what I had. Eventually I picked the one where the adults occupied just under 1/2 the pie chart, with the kids occupying a very small bit more area than the senior citizens did. Does anyone else recall what they had for this question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faezior)
    The penultimate question (adults, children and senior citizens at a museum) was irritating. I worked with some estimates I thought to be fairly solid, but none of the pie charts matched what I had. Eventually I picked the one where the adults occupied just under 1/2 the pie chart, with the kids occupying a very small bit more area than the senior citizens did. Does anyone else recall what they had for this question?
    senior citizens took about half the pie chart, children about 10% and adults 40%. not sure of the exact proportions though. But i'm confident that senior citizens took around half. I think the answer was B. Again, not sure about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyp97)
    We only get our results online on the 15th January on the Admissions Testing website.
    Sorry, I meant results as interview or no interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximator)
    Sorry, I meant results as interview or no interview
    probably around the end of november.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the essay is weighted? Surely they wouldn't ask us to write it if they weren't going to look at it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsc10)
    Does anyone know how the essay is weighted? Surely they wouldn't ask us to write it if they weren't going to look at it?
    For the birthday one I remember picking what I thought was 50+7n but I think I got confused. It's obviously Robert and it's annoying because I know the logic behind it but I'll come across to them as an invalid.

Funny how I guessed B for the last four questions and people have said that the last two were B though muahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsc10)
    Don't think the TSA essay is marked by TSA examiners. Heard the oxford admission professors just want to take a look at how you think and write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faezior)
    It might have been Robert. In fact, now that I think of it, it probably IS Robert, since D was the answer and the options were given in alphabetical order, so Robert would have come before Ruth.

I couldn't wrap my head around the great-great-grandparents question at all (though that might have been due to the fact it was one of the last questions).

Yes, that's exactly what I did for the pie chart one. Can't remember which option it was, C or D i think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbsurdBanana)
    The birthday was definitely Robert, whose birthday was the 351st day in the year.

The grandparents question was quite easy - it was 12 great-great-grandparents. Normally you would have 16 GGGPs but because 4 of your GGPs were from 2 families, they only have 4 GGGPs from that side of the family. Add this to the normal 8 from the other side - gives you 12.
    How'd you arrive at Robert? What was your reasoning behind it?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if the questions were different across different time zones?

ReputationRep:
    I took it in the western USA and got the same questions, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Same questions all around for Section 1, different questions here and there for the essay section. I picked the question "What should be the minimum voting age? Is 12 too young?"

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea where to start on Alistair's code But I think the essay went pretty well - I did the one on the system where you can buy additional votes in elections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habbajabba969)
    I had no idea where to start on Alistair's code But I think the essay went pretty well - I did the one on the system where you can buy additional votes in elections
    with the code; the second from last matched the third letter and the last the fourth letter. and so the answer was SOMETIME as this was the only answer where those two were the same
    I did mine on the child labour; not sure how it went. I wrote 2 sides in 15 minutes... then again, I'm a person who loves writing, so that part of the TSA didn't even worry me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yii Yann)
    How'd you arrive at Robert? What was your reasoning behind it?
    I can't remember if I got robert, pretty sure I did, anyway I worked it out by seeing which answer had the same remainer when you divided it by 7, (i.e. 351 has a remainder of 1), as the guy born on the leap year after accounting for it being a leap year… or something like that but i got an answer so yeh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    I had that she was on time because it said according to the office clock which was running half an hour slow wasn't it?

And she had accumulated half an hour of delays. I think her watch was meant to be a decoy
    I don't know what other people have said but I got on time too! Not 10 mins early/late??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scandrews)
    I don't know what other people have said but I got on time too! Not 10 mins early/late??
    As did I!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.