Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mynameispoo)
I finished today!! But I guess I screwed up in both papers today in such a bad mood... i guess i m not going to warwick:cry:
Don't count yourself out yet, wait and see what results day brings and then, if you didn't get in, you can start the bad mood, until then stay positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
CluffyUno
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well after those STEP exams I can safely say I'm not getting into Warwick!
Jai Sandhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CluffyUno)
What about STEP 1?
milkberries
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys, would it be alright to choose accommodation after IB results day (July 6th)? I don't want to research the different options and get all excited only to find out that I missed my offer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
CluffyUno
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
What about STEP 1?
I was really nervous and didn't do well enough on questions I could have/should have finished, and made the mistake of panicking and just doing scraps of other questions, wish they'd been the other way round tbh. This time I was much more composed and with a clearer plan, but really struggled with the questions! :-(
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was really nervous and didn't do well enough on questions I could have/should have finished, and made the mistake of panicking and just doing scraps of other questions, wish they'd been the other way round tbh. This time I was much more composed and with a clearer plan, but really struggled with the questions! :-(
Dont worry bro, STEP 1 was a HORRIBLE paper, the boundaries are going to be hella low, there was no calculus which I was relying on to do well in STEP so imagine how it went for me
Emmi12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Me: Well I like Differential Equations, and Complex Numbers... Geometry's definitely not my strong point.
STEP: hehehehehehe :teehee:
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Emmi12345)
Me: Well I like Differential Equations, and Complex Numbers... Geometry's definitely not my strong point.
STEP: hehehehehehe :teehee:
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
CantonHero
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by milkberries)
Hey guys, would it be alright to choose accommodation after IB results day (July 6th)? I don't want to research the different options and get all excited only to find out that I missed my offer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apply by the 31st July and you get priority accomodation.
SH0405
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think I am in the same position . What's your insurance?
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SH0405)
I think I am in the same position . What's your insurance?
I doubt you did that badly, it was a hard paper! How many solutions did you get in STEP 1?
SH0405
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I doubt you did that badly, it was a hard paper! How many solutions did you get in STEP 1?
Q1 I got completely.
Got most of Qs 2 and 5.
And then partials/rather fragmentary answers for 4 more questions. I have often been 'criticised' for underestimating my marks. For my Oxford MAT (obviously no offer ), I estimated my mark as 51 and it turns out I got 'above average', which this year was around 64 if I remember correctly. So maybe it won't be that bad. And if it does, St Andrews is lovely and I love golf, so it'll all be good.

EDIT: That was for STEP I. For STEP II, I really didn't do well. Question 6 was pretty good, but other than that, not good...

"It'll all be good".

*Famous last words*
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Q1 I got completely.
Got most of Qs 2 and 5.
And then partials/rather fragmentary answers for 4 more questions. I have often been 'criticised' for underestimating my marks. For my Oxford MAT (obviously no offer ), I estimated my mark as 51 and it turns out I got 'above average', which this year was around 64 if I remember correctly. So maybe it won't be that bad. And if it does, St Andrews is lovely and I love golf, so it'll all be good.

EDIT: That was for STEP I. For STEP II, I really didn't do well. Question 6 was pretty good, but other than that, not good...

"It'll all be good".

*Famous last words*
Aye, I often under estimate, I got full solutions to 1, 2, 5 and 7 except I read part of question 7 wrong, it didnt change the difficulty just meant my answer at the end was slightly wrong so I am pessimistic and deducted 5 marks. After that I got like 5 marks of partials. I am hoping I can get the 1 because FM has gone crap for me hahaahah. I am also hoping lots of people found it hard and grade boundaries will be similar to last years paper.
SH0405
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aye, I often under estimate, I got full solutions to 1, 2, 5 and 7 except I read part of question 7 wrong, it didnt change the difficulty just meant my answer at the end was slightly wrong so I am pessimistic and deducted 5 marks. After that I got like 5 marks of partials. I am hoping I can get the 1 because FM has gone crap for me hahaahah. I am also hoping lots of people found it hard and grade boundaries will be similar to last years paper.
I suppose there's no leeway with Warwick offers. Say I got A* (maths), A (further maths) and A* (physics) plus a distinction in AEA and a grade 2 (or 3 ) in STEP; is there any chance?? Further Maths also hasn't gone great for me. Still got FP2 to go though....that's my favourite .
randomuser1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dont worry bro, STEP 1 was a HORRIBLE paper, the boundaries are going to be hella low, there was no calculus which I was relying on to do well in STEP so imagine how it went for me
I was Okay on step . Probably because I actually don't like the integration questions, so I go against the grain in that respect. think I got at least a 2 maybe even a 1, my problem is physics as I'm sure I would get in with A*aa2 but I've been told almost no one has a B. This means tmro's g485 is make or break for me
randomuser1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I suppose there's no leeway with Warwick offers. Say I got A* (maths), A (further maths) and A* (physics) plus a distinction in AEA and a grade 2 (or 3 ) in STEP; is there any chance?? Further Maths also hasn't gone great for me. Still got FP2 to go though....that's my favourite .
When I went to the open day, the guy said 2/3 of the people accepted dont meet the offer. I think thats mostly ppl getting a*aa2, which is almost definitely going to get you in if you get it, as people get in, apparently regularly, with a*aa3.
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hahaha same, FP2 gona make or break me. Warwick Maths offers are very lenient due to the insane requirements there are a lot of near miss candidates who get in, last year I was heard it was something like 1/3 -> 1/2.

(Original post by randomuser1)
I was Okay on step . Probably because I actually don't like the integration questions, so I go against the grain in that respect. think I got at least a 2 maybe even a 1, my problem is physics as I'm sure I would get in with A*aa2 but I've been told almost no one has a B. This means tmro's g485 is make or break for me
A*AA2 wont meet requirements though, wouldnt you need A*AA1 or A*A*A2?
SH0405
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So you're with OCR Physics? Are you ready?
randomuser1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So you're with OCR Physics? Are you ready?
Hope so! But thats what I thought with g484 Think I need a few marks above an a in this to guarantee an a overall
SH0405
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hope so! But thats what I thought with g484 Think I need a few marks above an a in this to guarantee an a overall
Ah yes, G484. I didn't actually find it too bad - how many marks do you think you got? I really would like an A* in this...guess I'll 'see' you on the thread tomorrow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.66%
No - but I will (55)
7.07%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (374)
48.07%

Watched Threads