Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Monreal is the best LB we've ha since Cole. Big upgrade on poverty Gibbs
    Bild saying we have a "strong interest" in Ricardo Rodriguez, would bin Gibbs in a heartbeat for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Bild saying we have a "strong interest" in Ricardo Rodriguez, would bin Gibbs in a heartbeat for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah he's a very good player but I think we're settled wrt LBs. Gibbs is OK as a back up against the dross because they havent got the ability to target the space he leaves in general. But Gibbs in big games is absolute suicide.

Overrated him hugely before this season, his athleticism conceals what a poor tactical player he is.

ReputationRep:
    Was Alexis better last season at Barca or this season? I think last season he was better at Barca but for his first season in the BPL he has had a great season and next year I can see him doing even better.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see the Sanchez-Ozil partnership thrive at Arsenal tbh, two exceptional players but if they combine their skill and technique alongside a WC striker then we will be deadly next season.

Could just see something upfront next season like;

Sanchez--Ozil--Walcott
    ---------Benzema--------

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    I'd love to see the Sanchez-Ozil partnership thrive at Arsenal tbh, two exceptional players but if they combine their skill and technique alongside a WC striker then we will be deadly next season.

Sanchez--Ozil--Walcott
    ---------Benzema--------
    Dat wishful thinking :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Dat wishful thinking :toofunny:
    Mans like Ty you know.

You never know who Vengs will sign in the summer, have a feeling it's someone French i.e. Benzema/Lacazette. Lacazette seems the brighter prospect though.

ReputationRep:

Sanchez--Ozil--Walcott
    ---------Benzema--------
    I would love that but would Benzema leave Madrid where he is the main and only striker who is good their?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazza98)
    I would love that but would Benzema leave Madrid where he is the main and only striker who is good their?
    I'm not sure if Morata will go back to Madrid, but I have a feeling whoever manages Madrid now is inevitably going to be on the lookout for a new striker. Heard 'reports' and I use the term vaguely, that Benzema was unhappy at the Bernabeu and may be looking for an international move.

Wishful thinking as the other poster said, but y'never know. We cannot go into next season with Giroud upfront simple as.

ReputationRep:
    Mans like Ty you know.

You never know who Vengs will sign in the summer, have a feeling it's someone French i.e. Benzema/Lacazette. Lacazette seems the brighter prospect though.
    Admire your dedication to the cause still :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Morata, he has been called up by Del Bosque for the Euro Qualifiers to Belarus next month in favour of Costa whilst Cesc and Sergio Ramos might be omitted due to their injuries aswell.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/Engl...stars-20150526

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if Morata will go back to Madrid, but I have a feeling whoever manages Madrid now is inevitably going to be on the lookout for a new striker. Heard 'reports' and I use the term vaguely, that Benzema was unhappy at the Bernabeu and may be looking for an international move.

Wishful thinking as the other poster said, but y'never know. We cannot go into next season with Giroud upfront simple as.
    Giroud alone can't win us the league, we need someone but would you start eg lacazette with Giroud or on his own?

ReputationRep:
    Giroud alone can't win us the league, we need someone but would you start eg lacazette with Giroud or on his own?
    Lacazette on his own with Alexis,Ozil and Theo behind.

ReputationRep:
    Lacazette on his own with Alexis,Ozil and Theo behind.
    We also need someone to partner coquelin in CDM position, I'm not sure about Ramsey as he doesn't stay back or track back well or cazorla either. Maybe wilshere or someone else?

ReputationRep:
    I know Vidal is highly unlikely and probably won't happen, but if it was on the cards, would the presence of Alexis, a friend and international teammate, play a factor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd bin monreal for ric rod in a heartbeat too, guy is seriously good, better than that wasteboy alaba.

Not gonna happen though, he would cost in excess of 20m, he's just signed a contract and Wolfsburg have literally 0 reason to sell; they are very good financially and have have a generally good overall season.

ReputationRep:
    We also need someone to partner coquelin in CDM position, I'm not sure about Ramsey as he doesn't stay back or track back well or cazorla either. Maybe wilshere or someone else?
    I think we should invest in Schneiderlin/Carvalho/Bender. Ramsey is a b2b, but I think recently he's started to track back more and do the defensive duties with Coq. The reason why I like to see Ramsey on the wings is his passing accuracy is definitely on point and he creates a sublime amount of chances as he isn't overly greedy.

(Original post by Hatau24)
    I know Vidal is highly unlikely and probably won't happen, but if it was on the cards, would the presence of Alexis, a friend and international teammate, play a factor?
    I reckon Alexis has already tried to persuade Vidal to come to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should invest in Schneiderlin/Carvalho/Bender. Ramsey is a b2b, but I think recently he's started to track back more and do the defensive duties with Coq. The reason why I like to see Ramsey on the wings is his passing accuracy is definitely on point and he creates a sublime amount of chances as he isn't overly greedy.

Ramsey is very greedy imo. When it works like last season it's great but there are times when he frustrates the life out of me with his decision making and shooting wildly when there are options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Was Alexis better last season at Barca or this season? I think last season he was better at Barca but for his first season in the BPL he has had a great season and next year I can see him doing even better.
    I felt like he was, his passing certainly seemed less suspect (generally happens for any Barca player), and he scored more in the league (although he was anonymous in the cups). I feel that he can progress more with us though, and next season he should break through 20 league goals, and 30 goals in total.

Sanchez--Ozil--Walcott
    ---------Benzema--------
    :coma:

Mans like Ty you know.

Lacazette would cost like £40m, we're more likely to bring in the poverty version Fekir for like £20/£25m. Still though, a man can wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Ramsey is very greedy imo. When it works like last season it's great but there are times when he frustrates the life out of me with his decision making and shooting wildly when there are options.
    I wouldn't say greedy, I just think he bought into last season's mindset of 'if I don't score, no-one will'. Our players seem to be increasing in the tendency to keep hold of the ball for too long, with Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere all refusing to let go, and Cazorla thinking he can pirouette around every player on the pitch. I'm fine with him shooting wildly because frankly none of our players do it enough (I'm looking at you Ozil), and Ramsey does have an accurate shot.

Ramsey on the wings only worked when we were playing poverty teams, because he invariably moved central, with Bellerin pushing up. Bellerin is pacey, and can cross well (and apparently finish well), so it's covering up the fact that Ozil usually has to come over and cover for Aaron. Ramsey should really be alongside Coquelin, where he can be a B2B without making our style too narrow.

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez' passing has always been suspect it's just that since he takes on so many people so many times a game eventually he'll get a key pass or a goal from trial and error. You gotta respect that hard graft sometimes even if there are more effective ways of scoring.

He looked better at Barcelona because he didn't have a free role of creativity so he generally just stayed wide, stretched the pitch and let Messi do his thing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.