Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I need help. I am an international and matured student . I would like to ask for an advice or suggestion in choosing universities. Where do you think I will have high chances of getting an offer? I am planning to take straight LLB

Information about me:
    -international and matured applicant (23 years old)
    -graduate of Bachelor of Arts major in Legal Management with GPA of 2.3 (1 is the highest, 3 is pass and 5 is failed) from a prestigious and listed university in the country specific information provided by UK universities for Philippines. Upon checking most of the university websites a minimum of 1.5 and 2.0 are required in the post graduate programs of top and mid ranking universities, respectively. I am hoping that top universities are requiring a little bit lower GPA like 2.0-2.5 for undergraduate programs.
    -I interned in the largest and one of the leading local firm in Dubai, according to Legal500
    -I worked as a legal editor in a publishing house which provides content for LexisNexis Middle East
    -I also worked a a legal assitant with the rank of assitant manager in an oil and gas company based in United Arab Emirates with business in other countries
    -a debater during college and has won competitions
    -i would like to take a Ph.D in Law and Economics in the future

Do I have high chances of getting an offer from Russell Group Universities? And please suggest 5 universities. Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    Got denied from UCL due to the LNAT grade. Hopefully that doesn't jeopardise my chances for Bristol. It probably will.
    sorry to hear! how long ago did you sit the LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from SOAS!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional offer from Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply? What were your grades?
    Thats amazing, well done!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by I'm The Real MVP)
    I've applied only for straight Law at King's College, Queen Mary's, SOAS, Westminster and City University. King's College rejected me but I've had offers from all but QMUL who are yet to reply.
    I decided to take it because truth be told I couldn't really decide what I want to do and it just seemed interesting.
    Hello!

Congrats on getting an offer from SOAS! Well done! Make sure you come by our Official 2016 SOAS Application Thread. and celebrate your offer with all of us! If you have any questions, that's the place to ask me. :wavey:

~Mike

ReputationRep:
    Offers from Leicester and City!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaIsaacs)
    Has anyone with an offer from exeter just recieved an email with a revised offer? Ive gone from aab to aaa
    That is horrible, I have got a straight AAA offer even whilst having extenuating circumstances. What are your predictions and why do you think you were eligible for the lower offer, maybe they have made a mistake at first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebklaine)
    Just got an unconditional offer from Nottingham
    Well done!
    What were you predicted if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    2 months later and I have another offer!! Nottingham have just given me an offer of 3 A's which I'm so happy about as I now wont have to stress myself about getting an A* in essay subjects!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, may I ask what your grades were AS and GCSE for you to get a rejection? Think I'm on the road to one also, unfortunately :/

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh...I had my interview at York on Monday and just got offered a place (AAA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liviward36)
    2 months later and I have another offer!! Nottingham have just given me an offer of 3 A's which I'm so happy about as I now wont have to stress myself about getting an A* in essay subjects!
    What were your predicted grades and GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    Does anyone know when we can check our LNAT score?
    Not sure if someone has already said, but if you took before the 20th October the results are out 15th January

ReputationRep:
    Law with French Law at Kings, anyone had an offer? They shortlisted me for a scholarship without having given me an offer...

ReputationRep:
    So far I got rejected from LSE, conditional from UCL, unconditional from Nottingham. Durham just asked me for my IELTS/TOEFL certificates so I suspect I'll hear from them soon. Got interviewed at Oxford. Overall not too bad for an international!

For those wondering:
    5,5,4,5 APs Done
    5, 5, 5, 5 APs Predicted
    2250 SAT
    8.5 IELTS/117 TOEFL
    720/760 SAT IIs done
    750/750 SAT IIs predicted
    My interviewer at Oxford said I did really well on the LNAT, so I'm excited to see that score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalmind)
    Hello! I need help. I am an international and matured student . I would like to ask for an advice or suggestion in choosing universities. Where do you think I will have high chances of getting an offer? I am planning to take straight LLB

Information about me:
    -international and matured applicant (23 years old)
    -graduate of Bachelor of Arts major in Legal Management with GPA of 2.3 (1 is the highest, 3 is pass and 5 is failed) from a prestigious and listed university in the country specific information provided by UK universities for Philippines. Upon checking most of the university websites a minimum of 1.5 and 2.0 are required in the post graduate programs of top and mid ranking universities, respectively. I am hoping that top universities are requiring a little bit lower GPA like 2.0-2.5 for undergraduate programs.
    -I interned in the largest and one of the leading local firm in Dubai, according to Legal500
    -I worked as a legal editor in a publishing house which provides content for LexisNexis Middle East
    -I also worked a a legal assitant with the rank of assitant manager in an oil and gas company based in United Arab Emirates with business in other countries
    -a debater during college and has won competitions
    -i would like to take a Ph.D in Law and Economics in the future

Do I have high chances of getting an offer from Russell Group Universities? And please suggest 5 universities. Thank you very much.

Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebklaine)
    So far I got rejected from LSE, conditional from UCL, unconditional from Nottingham. Durham just asked me for my IELTS/TOEFL certificates so I suspect I'll hear from them soon. Got interviewed at Oxford. Overall not too bad for an international!

For those wondering:
    5,5,4,5 APs Done
    5, 5, 5, 5 APs Predicted
    2250 SAT
    8.5 IELTS/117 TOEFL
    720/760 SAT IIs done
    750/750 SAT IIs predicted
    My interviewer at Oxford said I did really well on the LNAT, so I'm excited to see that score.
    Which Oxford college? and well done on your offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IseeFire)
    Which Oxford college? and well done on your offers
    New! And thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 10th of December

International Student
    IB Predicted : 38
    Applied to
    East Anglia
    Exeter
    Bristol
    Nottingham
    LSE

So far received offers from East Anglia and Exeter. Waiting for the rest, but they should come soon right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.