Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Yes and because I wouldn't be able to live in Keele, I'd have to commute and the commute from my home is 4 hours each way. It was my 5th choice so I would have gone there if I had no other offers but thankfully it didn't come to that. Although I must say, it's an excellent university - my only reason for withdrawing is the commuting problem and I just don't need to consider that now.
    I looked at keele when I was deciding what uni to go to.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have had 3 offers, two of which are my favourite unis which i want to accept as my firm and insurance choice. I am however still waiting to hear back from St Georges from my interview. I was thinking of withdrawing from St georges and accepting my firm and insurance choice but dont want this affecting me in any way. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemiKate)
    Hi
    I have had 3 offers, two of which are my favourite unis which i want to accept as my firm and insurance choice. I am however still waiting to hear back from St Georges from my interview. I was thinking of withdrawing from St georges and accepting my firm and insurance choice but dont want this affecting me in any way. Any advice?
    Who are your offers from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd1234567)
    Who are your offers from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brunel, hertfordshire and brighton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonandstars)
    does anyone know how many cycles of interviews Cardiff hold? is it December, January, February, March?

I'm having the worst luck with interviews. First Brunel clashes with when I'm away - now my college have just contacted me saying I have compulsory Biology lab days on the 15th - 18th and without it I won't have enough credits to pass the course! So I've had to phone up Cardiff asking for an alternative date and the lady on the phone said it will probably be the 19th that they offer me - therefore with that and my workshop I'll have to take a week off work - and it will be the second week of a new job!! Hope it's all worth it!:motz::motz:
    Hey! Yeah there are 3 interview weeks (I had an interview on December 14th 2015 and was offered a place on the 7th Jan!) but the other two weeks are the weeks commencing the 15 February 2016 and 18 March 2016.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any interviews or offers from Uni of East Anglia (UEA) yet? I have had interviews from all my other four but just waiting to hear from UEA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemiKate)
    Hi
    As long as you have your mind made up for your firm and insurance choice, then withdrawing from St. Georges won't do you any harm at all! If I get my firm and insurance offers through soon then I am immediately putting them down as my firm and insurance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gumdrops11)
    Has anyone received any interviews or offers from Uni of East Anglia (UEA) yet? I have had interviews from all my other four but just waiting to hear from UEA!
    Some people have received interviews from UEA, however I don't think they've given out any offers yet!

I am still waiting on UEA too.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a rejection from Oxford Brookes with no details why, any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changley)
    Just had a rejection from Oxford Brookes with no details why, any ideas?
    There should be a reason on your ucas??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessjkc)
    There should be a reason on your ucas??
    "Oxford Brookes University may have decided not to offer you a place, or your application may have been withdrawn. Here are the details we have been given:
    Decisions about individual applicants are made by individual universities and colleges. UCAS does not hold any further information about why you have been unsuccessful in this application."
    This is all it said in the letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_27)
    I thought I was the only one too :' have you applied to the same unis or different ones?
    2 the same (Keele and Sheffield Hallam) and 3 different (York St John, Northumbria and Huddersfield). What about you?!

ReputationRep:
    I've just firmed Keele! Anyone else firmed any offers yet?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksharples)
    I've just firmed Keele! Anyone else firmed any offers yet?!
    Ive only heard back from 3/5 :so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changley;[url="tel:62471297")
    62471297[/url]]Just had a rejection from Oxford Brookes with no details why, any ideas?
    Exactly the same happened to me!! I emailed them to asking why and they haven't replied! This was like 2 weeks ago too haha!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksharples)
    2 the same (Keele and Sheffield Hallam) and 3 different (York St John, Northumbria and Huddersfield). What about you?!
    I'm re-sitting my A Levels after not getting my grades last year. Have you heard back from Sheffield Hallam yet?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Cardiff. 3/5 Rejections so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RLWEBB)
    Exactly the same happened to me!! I emailed them to asking why and they haven't replied! This was like 2 weeks ago too haha!x
    Yeah I should probably email too! Do you have the right email handy? If not I'll look it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCE0924)
    I'm re-sitting my A Levels after not getting my grades last year. Have you heard back from Sheffield Hallam yet?
    Yeah I got an offer and I've put them as my insurance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory_M_)
    Ive only heard back from 3/5 :so far
    I withdrew my other 3 applications as I only really wanted Keele and Sheffield!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.