Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fckinfightme)
    I applied for the M100 at Nottingham and have received an offer of A*AA for the BA. The LLB and the BA have the same course codes, at the time I assumed I had applied specifically for the LLB. What is the main difference between the two and what should/can I do??
    I applied for Nottingham law as well. Submitted my application before the LNAT and took the LNAT afterwards on Dec 1 so that was when my application was completed. How long did it take for them to reply? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDKY)
    Congrats on LSE!! When did you apply?
    Thank you! I applied just before the Oxbridge cut off, so I think 12-15th October. I assume you've applied there as well? If so, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeunexttuesday)

On the bright side I just got an offer from LSE.

Congrats on offers everyone else! :~)
    I do know Durham takes their time judging each and every applicant, so I wouldnt stress too much if they haven't got back to you! Probably means they're still assessing you.
    May I ask, when did you apply for LSE? I'm still waiting for mine :-((

(Original post by JohnGreek)
    Still waiting for LSE... three weeks to go :3

S A M E. Apparently, no email from LSE = good. Also, expect a four week email following the 8 week email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miyazakischihiro)
    I do know Durham takes their time judging each and every applicant, so I wouldnt stress too much if they haven't got back to you! Probably means they're still assessing you.
    May I ask, when did you apply for LSE? I'm still waiting for mine :-((
    That's true, it's just I think they haven't received my LNAT and I want to make sure they have it before the deadlines. Oh well!

I answered above, I applied 12-15th October. Can't remember exact date. I wouldn't worry about the wait tbh. I got an 8 week email, then 10 weeks later an email asking for another 2 weeks and then 3 weeks later an offer. And from my friends who applied to LSE last year and received a place they ranged from waiting until March for an offer. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for from oriel college oxford. still find it so weird that they ask for AAA when unis like UCL, KCL and QMUL ask for higher than oxford. but still waiting to here back from UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    I am still waiting on 4 of my unis! LNAT in October, UCAS - first week of November.
    Waiting for Notts, Bristol, KCL, UCL
    ugh
    Still waiting for Notts, KCL and LSE :/
    Sat for my LNAT and sent my application both in October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seeunexttuesday)
    That's true, it's just I think they haven't received my LNAT and I want to make sure they have it before the deadlines. Oh well!

I answered above, I applied 12-15th October. Can't remember exact date. I wouldn't worry about the wait tbh. I got an 8 week email, then 10 weeks later an email asking for another 2 weeks and then 3 weeks later an offer. And from my friends who applied to LSE last year and received a place they ranged from waiting until March for an offer. Good luck!
    Ahhh this is so reassuring! Sent mine out in Oct. Got my 8 week email and the 2 week email as well. On my 9th week now

Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miyazakischihiro)
    S A M E. Apparently, no email from LSE = good. Also, expect a four week email following the 8 week email.
    I've gotten that email already before Christmas, where they essentially asked for a six(4+2)-week extension

ReputationRep:
    Which school do you guys think have a better reputation or just has a better law department- Bristol or Queen Mary's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    Which school do you guys think have a better reputation or just has a better law department- Bristol or Queen Mary's?
    Bristol, ofc. It is an amazing law school and one of the most reputable in the UK. It is among the first unis for law career prospects.
    On the other hand, QM is an 'average' law school compared to Bristol. Nevertheless, it is not a bad one, too.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    League tables place QMUL a lot higher than Bristol for Law so to say its an average law school is unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHussainAli)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    League tables place QMUL a lot higher than Bristol for Law so to say its an average law school is unfair
    [Citation needed]
    I don't know if you're referring to the Guardian's league tables that have somehow placed QMUL third, but that ranking seemed to be a bit skewed to say the least, particularly when you consider that LSE, Durham and UCL somehow rank below it.

ReputationRep:
    I had a Warwick offer in November (sat LNAT in Oct.) Still waiting for York and Bristol...anyone heard from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasoning)
    Bristol without doubt has the historic edge but Queen Mary's certainly are investing to move up to the position that would actually match their entry requirements.

I'm still waiting for an offer from Bristol which I will firm and already have one from QMUL which will be my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mumollypolly)
    I applied for Nottingham law as well. Submitted my application before the LNAT and took the LNAT afterwards on Dec 1 so that was when my application was completed. How long did it take for them to reply? Thank you
    I applied on the 26th of November, took the LNAT on the 9th of December and received my offer from Nottingham on the 16th. Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHussainAli)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely agree that league tables (especially the Guardian) place QMUL quite high. It really is a good university and counts as one of the top unis. However, league tables are based on many factors (not only career prospects) like 'students satisfied with feedback' and so on...For that reason, QMUL is placed higher than Bristol. Some students just take surveys too seriously
    I firmly believe that 'good' unis are those targeted by top employers in the UK and worldwide. I will add a link where you can see 'destinations of graduates of some different universities'. Overall, I could be clearly seen that Bristol is the third most targeted uni in the country by law firms. http://d1d1tdqerevjwu.cloudfront.net...university.pdf
    However, such surveys should not be taken too seriously. The most important thing is to be happy at the university you choose and achieve good results.

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from durham, so I'm very relieved! Will definitely ease the pain from the inevitable cambridge rejection haha

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!! Can I ask what you got at gcse please? What was the interview like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arian66)
    Just received an offer from durham, so I'm very relieved! Will definitely ease the pain from the inevitable cambridge rejection haha
    Congrats! May I asks what you got at gcse

ReputationRep:
    Received offers from: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, and I only have 1A 2B'S and a C at AS!

Rejected from: KCL

Made up to my careers teacher I had various circumstances.. family members died, had depression etc. during my exams lol, so worth it! LSE here I come!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.