The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LegallyBlonde_

Original post by Legally Bronde

Intellectual property rights issues?
Original post by pupiltobe23
Seems odd- have you tried submitting it again?

I've submitted mine about 3 times now, goes blank every time. Emailed the address they've given for IT support yesterday asking for confirmation of whether it was received and not heard anything back.

Don't envy the person who's going to have to go through and remove all the duplicate applications - absolute shambles
Original post by SevenAteNine
When I submitted my form, the page went blank, but the information in the address bar included something along the lines of 'thank you'.

I checked with Chambers and they said they had received my form.

It'll certainly affect their stats this year!

"We received 3000 forms for 2016....."

Did you expand the boxes? Or fit everything into the size of the box provided?
No5 application form is absolute madness.

I called them. They received my application 12 times. The save button is submitting it not saving it.
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Intellectual property rights issues?

There is a stark difference between blonde and bronde
No5 application form is absolute madness.

Not actually working at all at the moment! Crisis - what crisis...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Best guppy
Not actually working at all at the moment! Crisis - what crisis...

Surely punishment from the heavens for leaving it until 2 hours before the deadline.

I loaded my version 2 days ago and have just left it open in the browser, so hopefully it will submit okay...
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Surely punishment from the heavens for leaving it until 2 hours before the deadline.

I loaded my version 2 days ago and have just left it open in the browser, so hopefully it will submit okay...

Super, super risky! I suggest you copy and paste all of your answers into Word if you haven't already done so.

I've spoken to No5; they're aware. The intention is to get it back up today, though I'm doubtful they'll be able to with such a new system! I've sent an email regarding the possibility of a brief extension.
Original post by filthynines
Super, super risky! I suggest you copy and paste all of your answers into Word if you haven't already done so.

I've spoken to No5; they're aware. The intention is to get it back up today, though I'm doubtful they'll be able to with such a new system! I've sent an email regarding the possibility of a brief extension.

I don't understand what's wrong with putting the questions in a word document and asking you to email them in, like everyone else.

Did it really save them work to create this application portal?

edit: thank you for letting me know though. I keep everything saved anyway usually, but I'll double check :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't understand what's wrong with putting the questions in a word document and asking you to email them in, like everyone else.

Did it really save them work to create this application portal?

I think potentially it might have. I think Ropewalk have a tried and tested form that has put them in good stead. But they had a perfectly good PDF form they used in at least the last three years; I would kill to have that back!

edit: Might have if executed better, that is.
No5 website acknowledging technical difficulties. Deadline now 4pm 29th April. Hallelujah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pupillagebound
I have got a letter by post from them yesterday thanking for participing in the interviewS (despite the fact that I had only one) and saying that they do not offer me a pupillage (not a second round) and misspelling my name. I think it is a generic one for both first and second round rejections. Not applying there again...

If it makes you feel better I got a rejection letter from them after I declined their interview! (Useless & shabby admin)
Original post by The Barista
If it makes you feel better I got a rejection letter from them after I declined their interview! (Useless & shabby admin)

I should probably say I had the same problem when they opened months ago. Lol. Sorry! Busy few days.
Original post by Best guppy
No5 website acknowledging technical difficulties. Deadline now 4pm 29th April. Hallelujah!

I mean, great, but it's still broken for me.

Anyone else? Is it intermittent, or completely dead?
I mean, great, but it's still broken for me.

Anyone else? Is it intermittent, or completely dead?

What is dead may never die.
I pressed save on the No 5 pupillage portal (to submit it). The page just refreshed & didn't go blank - has anyone else experienced this today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SIE2013
I pressed save on the No 5 pupillage portal (to submit it). The page just refreshed & didn't go blank - has anyone else experienced this today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine went blank but it's been over an hour and I've yet to get a confirmation email. Seriously, what a cluster ****.
Reply 1017
I really wanted to apply to No5; I did a mini-pupillage there and it was by far my favourite set. But after looking at the application form I'm not risking spending absolutely hours filling it out for it to not send. Plus I have a mac, and macs tend to not like those sorts of forms... If I'm still applying next year hopefully they'll go back to the old-faithful Word application form!
Has anyone received a confirmation email from QEB HW?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SIE2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine did this. So I panic saved everything into a word doc and I've emailed them to see whether they've received it. If they haven't replied by tomorrow afternoon I'll try sending it again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending