-CH2CH3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    I'm going to do NMR like this
    Peak at 0.8 ppm due to R-CH
    Triplet: adjacent to CH2
    Peak area of 3: CH3
    -CH2CH3
    yh thats s good layout i think table can get confusing and u might grt some examiner who doesnt think table is enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does anyone know the conditions for the acid hydrolysis of polyesters and polyamides?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikki1234)
    hi,
    does anyone know the conditions for the acid hydrolysis of polyesters and polyamides?

posted from tsr mobile
    hot aqueous acid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    hot aqueous acid
    Thanks!
    Do we have to talk about the 6M Hcl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikki1234)
    Thanks!
    Do we have to talk about the 6M Hcl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. I haven't seen any saying that. Just make sure you say concertated though

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be interested if i set up a revision group so we could quickfire f324 questions at each other and really test each other and get our brain working?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comeonengland1)
    Would anyone be interested if i set up a revision group so we could quickfire f324 questions at each other and really test each other and get our brain working?
    Yes pls. Prefer as an fb group chat please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Yes pls. Prefer as an fb group chat please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i really want one to as we can really help each other i think, and pick each others brains. As some people won't want to give away their identity, i think its best if use a wesbite called chatzy, no sign up, just a group can enter within 30 seconds and quicker questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReTakingF324/5)
    Nope. I haven't seen any saying that. Just make sure you say concertated though
    Oh ok, I forgot that for hydrolysis. Would it be safe to say '(conc.)' whenever you mention an acid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    Oh ok, I forgot that for hydrolysis. Would it be safe to say '(conc.)' whenever you mention an acid?
    generally pretty much. The mark scheme differes at times for example for the nitration of benzene you can sometimes write H2SO4 but others it wants Conc. I think older vs newer papers. But yeah I generally mention it.

I also write Heat/Reflux a lot for the hydrolysis just to make sure. Most want only one but making sure is best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comeonengland1)
    Yeah i really want one to as we can really help each other i think, and pick each others brains. As some people won't want to give away their identity, i think its best if use a wesbite called chatzy, no sign up, just a group can enter within 30 seconds and quicker questions
    It's too inefficient. You can quickfire for hours on end by doing past papers. In real life it's much better but online it's just a waste of time. Also you can't ask long questions. Just post any hard Q here and maybe someone will answer them.

Speaking of hard Q, my aim is to ace all the easy one and maybe miss the 1/2 marker hardest one such as those ****ing cylic demonic **** lol

ReputationRep:
    Id be bloody happy with a solid C in this :'*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know how an NMR works, with details about the magnetic fields and nuclear spins?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well you say that, like someone might have asked like for example last year i dunno use of nor spectroscopy, just things that people forget. Just trying to pick peoples brain, know its restriced for long questions but for bitty marks i think can be a great way of testing , understand if you disagree though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayMasterio)
    If the stationary phase is liquid, then the separation occurs by relative solubility.
    If the stationary phase is a solid, then the separation occurs by adsorption
    The question only mentioned gas/liquid chromotography and asked what it separates by.

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know how an NMR works, with details about the magnetic fields and nuclear spins?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need to know that it uses radio waves. Other than that, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, just that it uses radiowaves

So what are the uses of NMR guys?
    And what about GC-MS?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys could somebody please copy a link to the June 2015 paper please? There was one on an earlier page but cant find it haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    No, just that it uses radiowaves

So what are the uses of NMR guys?
    And what about GC-MS?
    Analysis of compounds.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.