Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Mr. Tambourine Man is actually originally a Bob Dylan song

What was the book called again? I'm more surprised that Paul Simon is up there

I see... :lol:

Yeah I think The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen, Joy Division and The Cure all fall into a similar sort of bracket sort of thing. They're all alternative and chances are that if someone likes one of those bands, they'll like the others too.

:rofl: Go and shout it right now, give them more recognition :lol:
    oh yeah, of course i remember now haha (just btw do you like bob dylan? )

all-time top 1000 albums

really? even though i don't listen to his stuff much he was still pretty influential and so was art garfunkel i was surprised simon and garfunkel weren't up there though (please tell me that you've listened to their stuff )

i'm sure you don't mind it, right?

yeah, they all do they are all pretty similar

:rofl: half of the uk have probably heard me now

they truly deserve it though
    (and all the others you mentioned)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    oh yeah, of course i remember now haha (just btw do you like bob dylan? )

all-time top 1000 albums

really? even though i don't listen to his stuff much he was still pretty influential and so was art garfunkel i was surprised simon and garfunkel weren't up there though (please tell me that you've listened to their stuff )

i'm sure you don't mind it, right?

yeah, they all do they are all pretty similar

:rofl: half of the uk have probably heard me now

they truly deserve it though
    (and all the others you mentioned)
    In all fairness, I haven't even heard the original, I just know it is originally by him Regarding Bob Dylan, I again haven't got round to properly checking him out (this is basically the same situation as my bottom quote ) I have odd songs on my ITunes - Hurricane, Isis, One More Cup Of Coffee and Mozambique - I think that they're from later in his career though? I also have 'Bringing It All Back Home' to listen to at some point So yeah I would say I like him though, yes Although I haven't heard the original, Echo and the Bunnymen did a great cover of his song; 'It's All Over Now, Baby Blue'.

Ah okay I haven't listened to any of his stuff either and I don't know much about him, so I guess I didn't realise he was so influential. I would of thought they'd be more influential than just him though yeah I have heard Mrs. Robinson and America, and I like both of those songs, but I haven't got round to properly checking them out yet Though I do mean to. It's just that thing of there being so much music that I have and want to listen to, that I sometimes never get around to checking out all these other bands, you know

Well I'd prefer Chris or SassKing to be honest

Yes

Even I heard you :rofl:

I totally agree

ReputationRep:
    yeah...? what about it?
    I wasn't listing to that bit of criticism about the song

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, I haven't even heard the original, I just know it is originally by him Regarding Bob Dylan, I again haven't got round to properly checking him out (this is basically the same situation as my bottom quote ) I have odd songs on my ITunes - Hurricane, Isis, One More Cup Of Coffee and Mozambique - I think that they're from later in his career though? I also have 'Bringing It All Back Home' to listen to at some point So yeah I would say I like him though, yes Although I haven't heard the original, Echo and the Bunnymen did a great cover of his song; 'It's All Over Now, Baby Blue'.

Ah okay I haven't listened to any of his stuff either and I don't know much about him, so I guess I didn't realise he was so influential. I would of thought they'd be more influential than just him though yeah I have heard Mrs. Robinson and America, and I like both of those songs, but I haven't got round to properly checking them out yet Though I do mean to. It's just that thing of there being so much music that I have and want to listen to, that I sometimes never get around to checking out all these other bands, you know

Well I'd prefer Chris or SassKing to be honest

Yes

Even I heard you :rofl:

I totally agree
    can’t remember if i have tbh oh okay, i’ve listened to slow train and highway 61 revisited and i quite like him just looked it up and hurricane was released in 1979 and isis in 1985, and his last album was 2012 i think oh okay, need to listen to it too i do like his music, but it’s not the best and his voice is quite different so it takes some getting used to i think really? link please

oh okay i’ve listened to ‘you can call me al’, ’50 ways to leave your lover’ and ‘diamonds on the soles of her shoes’ yeah, me too… okay, i could give you some recommendations if you want me to yeah, i know what you mean actually

really chrissy? :teehee:

great, it worked then :rofl: need to start practising so the rest of the world can here me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't listing to that bit of criticism about the song
    huh? i'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    huh? i'm so confused
    Never mind...

ReputationRep:
    can’t remember if i have tbh oh okay, i’ve listened to slow train and highway 61 revisited and i quite like him just looked it up and hurricane was released in 1979 and isis in 1985, and his last album was 2012 i think oh okay, need to listen to it too i do like his music, but it’s not the best and his voice is quite different so it takes some getting used to i think really? link please

oh okay i’ve listened to ‘you can call me al’, ’50 ways to leave your lover’ and ‘diamonds on the soles of her shoes’ yeah, me too… okay, i could give you some recommendations if you want me to yeah, i know what you mean actually

really chrissy? :teehee:

great, it worked then :rofl: need to start practising so the rest of the world can here me :lol:

Cool Yeah I've heard that... I was saying to Amellia yesterday, I think he's somewhat of an acquired taste I tried to find the exact performance I was referring to and I can't find it on YouTube unfortunately

Cool, I can't say I'm interested in checking him out tbh That's alright, I'll check them out another time. Thanks anyway

Haha yep

ReputationRep:
    Cool Yeah I've heard that... I was saying to Amellia yesterday, I think he's somewhat of an acquired taste I tried to find the exact performance I was referring to and I can't find it on YouTube unfortunately

Cool, I can't say I'm interested in checking him out tbh That's alright, I'll check them out another time. Thanks anyway

Haha yep

yeah, he definitely is that's okay, thank you for trying anyway

oh okay, don't worry about it then that's fine and no problem

CoolCavy yes she did love you too :lovehug:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    CoolCavy yes she did love you too :lovehug:
    Omg i knew it :rofl: see Cavy knows all bless you both :lovehug:
    :hugs: x

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    Omg i knew it :rofl: see Cavy knows all bless you both :lovehug:
    :hugs: x
    Hehehe :innocent:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :shh:

Best of luck for your exams Cavy, I'll send you my unicorn good vibes :woo: :girl: :heart:

ReputationRep:
    OUUH une semaine sans réponses geeeeeeeeeenre

(Original post by Marie-Antoinette)
    Well, if FrenchFries had listened to me and called it Unicorn's Republic, this wouldn't have happened. :3

Nothing good ever comes of monarchy, Ms. Antoinette. :tea:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Well, if FrenchFries had listed to me and called it Unicorn's Republic, this wouldn't have happened. :3

Well it depends, Mr Hydeman. Look at the queen Elizabeth !

Well it depends, Mr Hydeman. Look at the queen Elizabeth !
    I don't view her favourably.

Ouais grave ça fait longtemps :O

Well, if FrenchFries had listed to me and called it Unicorn's Republic, this wouldn't have happened. :3

Hahahha xD

That emoji tho :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't view her favourably.
    why?

z33 pls clear inbox <3

ReputationRep:
    z33 pls clear inbox <3
    sorry one sec

ReputationRep:
    z33 pls clear inbox <3
    done

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2017
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.