Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    There's also this site which provides Edexcel papers and their mark schemes http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html
    Thank you! My mind is finally at rest for politics, just need to wait for A2 history papers to be added at some point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by con.brown)
    Thank you! My mind is finally at rest for politics, just need to wait for A2 history papers to be added at some point
    You can find them on Facebook (search 'papercut.weebly' ) and request for any missing ones.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's only 4 weeks (papers have now all been marked and will be going through quality control now) but I feel like I'm not worried at all. And I'm rather scared that I'm not worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I know it's only 4 weeks (papers have now all been marked and will be going through quality control now) but I feel like I'm not worried at all. And I'm rather scared that I'm not worried.
    Yh I'm surprisingly calm but I should be panicking given English Lang will be subjectively mark and so they could rob me off my uni place if they're in a bad mood when it comes to marking ! Argh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Yh I'm surprisingly calm but I should be panicking given English Lang will be subjectively mark and so they could rob me off my uni place if they're in a bad mood when it comes to marking ! Argh
    Is it just one essay? If not you might find different questions are marked by different people.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any June 2016 markschemes for OCR or aqa exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Is it just one essay? If not you might find different questions are marked by different people.
    Nah it's like 2 sections, and 2 10 markers and 2 40 markers so yes hopefully different people do mark the questions ; I didn't think of that before !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    You can find them on Facebook (search 'papercut.weebly' and request for any missing ones.
    Ok cool thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    Is there a mark scheme for OCR French A2?

ReputationRep:
    Im probably gonna fail.. i guess thats what i get for studying in a school that couldnt provide teachers.. 😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan Sequeira)
    Im probably gonna fail.. i guess thats what i get for studying in a school that couldnt provide teachers.. 😭😭😭
    Couldn't provide teachers?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, it's getting closer. Dreading it every passing day to be honest, and I become more convinced that I've failed. Thanks AQA C3
    I was originally aiming for A*A*A, which was achievable, but now I'm feeling like I was kidding myself and am now assuming I got CCC...

I probably lack confidence...

ReputationRep:
    I've started to doubt myself on everything. Honestly I could get anything from A*A*A* down to CCC at this point.
    The worst part is that I can do nothing but worry for four weeks

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if King's would take me on A*AB despite missing their AAA offer...

Does anyone have a link or website for the AQA mark schemes? Or know when they are being released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles26)
    Does anyone have a link or website for the AQA mark schemes? Or know when they are being released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're not going to be available until the 17th but you can find unofficial mark schemes by just searching for the ones you want, hope that helped c:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do AQA Design & Technology (Product Design)? I can't seem to find anywhere how to achieve an A* overall? I know that usually it has something to do with a specific score in the A2 exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    How do you know that all the papers have been marked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave8991)
    Did anyone do AQA Design & Technology (Product Design)? I can't seem to find anywhere how to achieve an A* overall? I know that usually it has something to do with a specific score in the A2 exam
    How many modules does it have in A2/overall? (the number of modules usually determines the criteria for A*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lytran)
    How do you know that all the papers have been marked?
    The general timeline.
    A week before results day the papers have already been graded and marked to go to unis.
    A week before that is float, in case something goes wrong they have time to fix it.
    The week before that is setting grade boundries and if nessesary removing questions plus assigning grades.
    The weeks before that is the time where head examiners are checking examiners work and making sure nothing went wrong plus sending things to remark if they did.

If exams haven't been though their first marking by now things are running slow.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.