UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Raquel//
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done BananaWaffles!

Is it just me who now feel a lot closer to applying and stuff after sitting the UKCAT? It's like I can now imagine the light at the end of tunnel so to speak. Personal statement time now :rolleyes:
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Raquel//)
I guessed 1,2,7,8 and 13. Then from 18 onwards. I must have the best guessing skills ever
so really you only answered 12/44 properly and got 760 in VR lol?
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MaybeMedic)
NR on the practice test has loads of information, and is hard becuase of the time limit.
how does it compare to the real test in difficultly, amount of info and timing?
are the questions more similar to the book than the practice test in difficulty and timing?
The online practice test is the best representation of the real thing. The timing is exactly the same, with around the same amount of information. If you found the online practice hard, then you may well find the real thing harder due to the pressure. Good luck!
Raquel//
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
so really you only answered 12/44 properly and got 760 in VR lol?
God I'm such an idiot. God knows how I get through exams :p: I misread it, I thought you said QR.

So answering your question now... VR I got to the end and had a couple of minutes to check through. Really surprised cos I'm such a slow reader and am bad with long words.
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did rubbish myself...

I got:

VR: 540
QR: 630
AR: 580
DA: 610
Average: 590.
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
God I'm such an idiot. God knows how I get through exams :p: I misread it, I thought you said QR.

So answering your question now... VR I got to the end and had a couple of minutes to check through. Really surprised cos I'm such a slow reader and am bad with long words.
...Stop boasting... :no: Then again this is TSR. Carry on :yep:
Toiletpaper8
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
QR on the practice UKCAT is worrying...
Raquel//
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mathematician!)
...Stop boasting... :no: Then again this is TSR. Carry on :yep:
If boasting=answering their question then yes, that's what I was doing. And your scores not that bad. It's in the normal range so you should be pleased
BananaWaffles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done BananaWaffles!

Is it just me who now feel a lot closer to applying and stuff after sitting the UKCAT? It's like I can now imagine the light at the end of tunnel so to speak. Personal statement time now :rolleyes:
Lol, yeah, I think I know what you mean.

Even when I booked the UKCAT test, I was like 'AwMaGawsh! :eek: ' Yeah, but everything's started to really come together after drafting a PS, work experience, etc.

Grr, I have a mock medical interview with a teacher this Saturday though. I wanted to enjoy the remaining days of my summer too . Lol, that teacher's going to beast me.
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If boasting=answering their question then yes, that's what I was doing. And your scores not that bad. It's in the normal range so you should be pleased
"Really surprised cos I'm such a slow reader and am bad with long words." was the boasting bit :p: Anyway, I should have done better. I guess I just got unlucky and got all the harder questions... :no: Oh well, I don't think University of Manchester will care too much as to what I got. I did well in the slightly more relevant things (QR and DA) so I'm content. :cool:
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Congratulations Raquel//!

I did rubbish myself...

I got:

QR: 630
AR: 580
DA: 610
Average: 590.
Very similar to what I got:

QR: 690
AR: 560
DA: 630
Average: 605

Again, I vented similar feelings after doing the exam a couple of weeks ago. Don't feel upset, it'll just waste more of your time when you could be redrafting your personal statement or relaxing with what's left of the holidays. I'd be careful of applying to places like Bart's and The London as well as King's since they're using the UKCAT primarily to select applicants for first interviews. Nevertheless, it's not the end of the world. You've got a lot of options to think though now - such as applying to more BMAT / non-UKCAT requiring institutes or by even being very selective when applying to the UKCAT requiring institutes.
Raquel//
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"Really surprised cos I'm such a slow reader and am bad with long words." was the boasting bit :p: Anyway, I should have done better. I guess I just got unlucky and got all the harder questions... :no: Oh well, I don't think University of Manchester will care too much as to what I got. I did well in the slightly more relevant things (QR and DA) so I'm content. :cool:
Where else are you applying to? I need some ideas.
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

still 720 on QR...

were your passages in the VR short or really long like the ones on the ukcat practice test? hope i'm not bugging you too much here...but the proximity of my test has just created a new fear in me.
Raquel//
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
still 720 on QR...

were your passages in the VR short or really long like the ones on the ukcat practice test? hope i'm not bugging you too much here...but the proximity of my test has just created a new fear in me.
Haha, no it's fine. I had 3 passages that were just 1 paragraph, so they were good :p: The others were better then the ones on the website, they weren't as long and although some had a few paragraphs, they were all fairly short ones, so weren't that bad.

When are you doing yours?
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)

Very similar to what I got:

QR: 690
AR: 560
DA: 630
Average: 605
Yes, I just ignored it after getting my score...:yep:
There's more to education that UKCAT...
Why would universities use something that is down to choice (in terms of guesswork) to choose who to take on?
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Where else are you applying to? I need some ideas.
Leeds (maybe), Oxbridge (if I get predicted AAA), Keele, Peninsula Medical School, Warwick (probably).
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, no it's fine. I had 3 passages that were just 1 paragraph, so they were good :p: The others were better then the ones on the website, they weren't as long and although some had a few paragraphs, they were all fairly short ones, so weren't that bad.

When are you doing yours?
30th...i think i'm sorted for all sections except VR where i can do either good or bad. i really hate paragraphs they give on politics with loads of percentages and ratios all over the place...i can never understand what they're on about.
badger stripes
Report 10 years ago
personally, im happy with my ukcat scores:

verbal 700
quant 540
abstract 580
decision 610

avrage of 608 .. i know its not amazing, but its average, will this b ok, will i still be able to apply to leeds, manchester, hullyork and liverpool ?

ok if im honest im disappointed lol, i wanted like 650+
BananaWaffles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only few unis use UKCAT scores as cut-off points, although i can't guarantee it'll be the same this year since the introduction of the UKCAT is still fairly recent. I think The Barts have a cut-off at 2400 (total).

However, remember that the UKCAT is just only a small part of your whole application. Concentrate on your winning PS for now
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Just so you know it's Queen Mary...not Queen's Marry :p:

To be absolutely correct it's Barts and The London actually.

Man, you are giving me deja vu lol.

Before you haunt me again, im gona change it !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads