The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine 2010

Scroll to see replies

rosettastoned
Super-awesome, thanks for asking. :smile: Least, I thought it did. Interviewers may have had a completely different take on the whole thing.

And yeah, 18th of Feb sounds about right, actually. I think I read somewhere that they're interviewing until the 8th of March this year (or maybe that was last year... I'm terrible at this). That somewhere may have been the UCL website, or it may not. Lemme check.

...Inconclusive. It says "early March". I shall investigate further. :ninja:

10th of March is the last interview date according to the acknowledgement letter.
rosettastoned
Super-awesome, thanks for asking. :smile: Least, I thought it did. Interviewers may have had a completely different take on the whole thing.

And yeah, 18th of Feb sounds about right, actually. I think I read somewhere that they're interviewing until the 8th of March this year (or maybe that was last year... I'm terrible at this). That somewhere may have been the UCL website, or it may not. Lemme check.

...Inconclusive. It says "early March". I shall investigate further. :ninja:

Good luck with it! I see you've had an interview in Cardiff as well, out of Cardiff and Bristol which do you prefer?
Reply 1022
rosettastoned
Ah, but you haven't been rejected yet! I was convinced I would be, but I got an interview. Apparently, and don't quote me on this, they give out interview until the end of February - at least, I think they did last year.

Nonetheless, am glad I made you smile. This whole business is too darn stressful.

On a different note, although my stalking skills are slightly underdeveloped at this moment in time, I take it you are an HCA? Good times, y/n?

We shall just have to wait and see...if last date of interview is 10th March, then given UCL say that they send interview invites at least 2 weeks beforehand....last day to receive interview date will be around 24th Feb?

HCA work...yeah its amazing! I'm getting slightly too used to the ward I'm working in, so I've joined Bank (where you can potentially work in any ward) and I'm desperately hoping to get shifts in A&E etc.

Anyways good luck with interview on 3rd March
Reply 1023
heeeeeey

I had my interview 2 days ago and got an offer today!! soo happy
rosettastoned
Fair enough. The only history I know is the 1906 Liberal Reforms. And some stuff about Cuba.

OCR GCSE yeah? lool:p:
Failure By Design
Good luck with it! I see you've had an interview in Cardiff as well, out of Cardiff and Bristol which do you prefer?

Argh, tricky tricky question. Obviously I'd probably die of happiness if I got into either one, but if I had to choose between them... Cardiff has dissection, but the main campus and the medical school are miles away from each other, whereas at Bristol it's all close together, but on a hill :frown: (btw, I'm really really lazy). They both have so much going for them... ATM I'm leaning towards Bristol, but that may only because Bristol is the last place I visited. How's your application going, btw? I'm too tired right now to stalk.

mbharmal
HCA work...yeah its amazing! I'm getting slightly too used to the ward I'm working in, so I've joined Bank (where you can potentially work in any ward) and I'm desperately hoping to get shifts in A&E etc.

I'm so jealous of your HCA work! It sounds incredible. Shifts in A&E sound amazing... it would be such good experience, and obviously it would be exactly like an episode of ER. Your hair would be perfect at the end of every shift. Good luck with getting an interview, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

1 formula
OCR GCSE yeah? lool

Yep. Those were the days. I miss source handling. D:
I'm so happy, lol, I had my interview on the 10th (Wed), got an Offer this morning :biggrin:DD

I'm at work, and I checked it, and screamed out loud.

Arguably, I did warn my colleagues a couple of weeks ago that such behaviour may happen, lol.

Lucky I work in a small office!

Good luck with the apps people xxx
Reply 1027
I got an offer :smile:

I was interviewed on Wednesday....

Need to work very hard now to get AAA !!!
Reply 1028
rosettastoned
I'm so jealous of your HCA work! It sounds incredible. Shifts in A&E sound amazing... it would be such good experience, and obviously it would be exactly like an episode of ER. Your hair would be perfect at the end of every shift. Good luck with getting an interview, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I need to get A&E shifts first and I am pretty sure it wont be as fun/good-looking as ER! :p:
...I'll nevertheless try!
avecmon
I got an offer :smile:

I was interviewed on Wednesday....

Need to work very hard now to get AAA !!!

Well done :-)

Were you morning or afternoon??
rosettastoned
Argh, tricky tricky question. Obviously I'd probably die of happiness if I got into either one, but if I had to choose between them... Cardiff has dissection, but the main campus and the medical school are miles away from each other, whereas at Bristol it's all close together, but on a hill :frown: (btw, I'm really really lazy). They both have so much going for them... ATM I'm leaning towards Bristol, but that may only because Bristol is the last place I visited. How's your application going, btw? I'm too tired right now to stalk.

Bristol's amazing :biggrin: It's my top choice.

Anyway, I've been interviewed by Bristol too :love: in December but my application's been put on hold with them, I've been rejected by BSMS (without interview) a month ago and I've heard nothing from UCL and Newcastle so far but I suspect I will be rejected from both of them. I am actually 100% sure about my Newcastle rejection (my UKCAT wasn't good enough :frown: ).
punkmaiden
I'm so happy, lol, I had my interview on the 10th (Wed), got an Offer this morning :biggrin:DD

I'm at work, and I checked it, and screamed out loud.

Arguably, I did warn my colleagues a couple of weeks ago that such behaviour may happen, lol.

Lucky I work in a small office!

Good luck with the apps people xxx

:woo: That's brilliant! :biggrin: (See I told you you'd get one! :wink: )
Reply 1032
HEY Guys. I think we need to create a facebook group for UCL medic freshers 2010 !
A.Za90
HEY Guys. I think we need to create a facebook group for UCL medic freshers 2010 !

Yeah good plan - do it!
A.Za90

how exciting! :smile:
Reply 1035
punkmaiden
Well done :-)

Were you morning or afternoon??

Firstly, well done to you too!

I was in the morning session (first interview of the day at 10.00). What about yourself?
Reply 1036
avecmon
Firstly, well done to you too!

I was in the morning session (first interview of the day at 10.00). What about yourself?

Oohh.. I was also interviewed at 10.00 lol..
Haven't heard anything though.. great.. probably a rejection anyway, but oh well..
Congratulations on your offer! First choice?
UCL Rejection :frown:, I think it was my section 2 score of 4.1

I had an overall score of 18.3, well seems like birmingham it is hopefully
Reply 1038
I got an interview through today! :biggrin:

However, It's on the same day as my Sheffield one (which I received a couple of days ago) do you think UCL will change my date?
madani191
UCL Rejection :frown:, I think it was my section 2 score of 4.1

I had an overall score of 18.3, well seems like birmingham it is hopefully

I'm so sorry for you :frown: Did they put the reason on Track as being "BMAT too low"?
Good luck with Bham! :smile:

My rejection's on its way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending