Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    He does that lecture once a year.

It's about being savvy about drug companies.

Doesn't come up in the exams :p:
    Is it for a particular year, or just anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onychophagia)
    Is it for a particular year, or just anyone?
    First year clinics, one of the pharmacology (i.e. thursday PDS) lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    First year clinics, one of the pharmacology (i.e. thursday PDS) lectures.
    Cool! hope he's still doing it when I get there.

We had an 'integrated day' in PDS today - I can't believe I didn't go to sportnight for that pile of rubbish. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:

We had an 'integrated day' in PDS today - I can't believe I didn't go to sportnight for that pile of rubbish. :facepalm2:
    What was it, did all the freshers dress up and have a fun day out?

ReputationRep:
    x
    Your avatar makes me nauseous! :yucky:

Just had to put it out there....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    What was it, did all the freshers dress up and have a fun day out?
    Essentially, yeah.

We just had a jolly around the clinical skills centre, 'learning' to do chest examinations and suchlike. It was amazingly pointless, and they dragged it out from 9 'til 5.

ReputationRep:
    I think prisoners should be given the vote - just putting it out there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    I think prisoners should be given the vote - just putting it out there...
    With rights come responsibilities - break the law, lose your right to chose who makes those laws.

ReputationRep:
    Essentially, yeah.

We just had a jolly around the clinical skills centre, 'learning' to do chest examinations and suchlike. It was amazingly pointless, and they dragged it out from 9 'til 5.
    9-5? :shock: They taught us to do a basic respiratory exam in about an hour.

ReputationRep:
    doing MILE atm. Where you get assignment 9am thursday, hand it in 9am friday. its hellish. It wouldn't be so bad but the word limit is 500 so you have to ****ing condense, I have about three tables which I'll probably get marked down for, and critique all references, and then IF THIS WASNT ENOUGH you can't print it and hand it in, oh no! you have to write it out in a booklet! WHY is anyones guess! And yes that means all diagrams hand drawn! literally been working since 9:30ish with 1 hr for lunch, just got home, still got loads to do, probably at least 3-4 hours worth (in writing it out, daigrams etc) but having a break now!

though it's about the ear, I have an ENT appt next week about my hearing so it's quite useful, on balance not hearing but yeah still. handy.

ps. 4 cans of coke so far today.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    doing MILE atm. Where you get assignment 9am thursday, hand it in 9am friday. its hellish. It wouldn't be so bad but the word limit is 500 so you have to ****ing condense, I have about three tables which I'll probably get marked down for, and critique all references, and then IF THIS WASNT ENOUGH you can't print it and hand it in, oh no! you have to write it out in a booklet! WHY is anyones guess! And yes that means all diagrams hand drawn! literally been working since 9:30ish with 1 hr for lunch, just got home, still got loads to do, probably at least 3-4 hours worth (in writing it out, daigrams etc) but having a break now!

though it's about the ear, I have an ENT appt next week about my hearing so it's quite useful, on balance not hearing but yeah still. handy.

:eek: That sounds horrible! And I don't quite see the point of it......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I think it's making me a little bit insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I have no idea what the point is either. So I just checked. Apparently MILE is designed to evaluate how well I can:

formulate relevant questions in relation to a particular problem
    use avaliable resources in a systematic and sensible fashion under the given constraints
    give an appraisal of these resources
    interpret and synthesise the information gained in relation to the questions set
    reflect on any unresolved issues

it's not supposed to take 24 hours you're given 24 hours so people who need to go home don't have to travel in twice as some people live a way out.
    however I can't see how it can be done in less than around 10 hours and thats if you're seriously speedy, it's just not possible, especially if handwriting it. most people are working at the same pace as me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)

Management Information for Libraries in Europe??
    Can you not just cut and stick diagrams in?

ReputationRep:
    If you're apparently so bad you are not safe to be present in society - what banana republic are we in if they can vote?

Well done to the MPs.

Wang - I swear you say all these things just to provoke a reaction :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    Management Information for Libraries in Europe??
    Can you not just cut and stick diagrams in?
    Medical Independent Learning Exercise :sigh:

And no :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    9-5? :shock: They taught us to do a basic respiratory exam in about an hour.
    We did four stations (1.5 hours each), one of them was respiratory examinations.

ReputationRep:

Lesson learnt. Never miss sportsnight for anything PDS related :p:

I just get a nice lie-in on thursdays. It'd be rude NOT to go to sportsnight. It's quite bad that one of my biggest achievements of this year is my 100% sportsnight attendance record. Something to say when I run for captain at the AGM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Lesson learnt. Never miss sportsnight for anything PDS related :p:

I just get a nice lie-in on thursdays. It'd be rude NOT to go to sportsnight. It's quite bad that one of my biggest achievements of this year is my 100% sportsnight attendance record. Something to say when I run for captain at the AGM.
    Don't you get followed up for constantly missing PDS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Don't you get followed up for constantly missing PDS?
    I don't have PDS. I'm technically classed as a part-time student and in order to do that they had to cut down my hours and they snipped out SSCs and PDS to do so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.