University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
georgia246
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
i think it's pretty much the same with me. Wished i had seen the tannery. Expectation ruined CD for me. I thought leodis was okay and was my first choice at some point but people seem to dislike it tho it's extremely close :dontknow: the pictures make you expect a lot more.
what was the kitchen in tannery like?
It was quite nice actually as student kitchens go, was a reasonable size; had like a breakfast bar type thing and a small seated area - was probably the best kitchen i saw (minus storm jameson, ironically). Also there was a sombrero on the top of the fridge which made me like it a whole lot more!
holly6946
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nicola.Garner)
Where did you apply for in the end, because the space at north hill are filling up fast so it looks like a fair few people wont get their place there.... x
Oh bum.
I haven't applied anywhere yet because I'm still waiting on places to respond on my UCAS... KCL and Bristol have made me wait 148 days so far
I realllllly like North Hill, but James Baillie's cool beans too, how about you?

x
Xabi17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
I've never been to a KFC in Leeds but the one in Abu Dhabi is spectacular. We could just fly there? :holmes: Or Bradford. But, Bradford's exotic in a completely different way. :nothing:
Or find one in Leeds...?
me7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
I really want to find some people applying to Henry price! Where are you all!!?!?!
I really want to but just scared of how oversubscribed everyone says it is! So don't know what to do!! think I might just go for it and hope for the best!
Medpotter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Elerslie anyone? :P
rachl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Medpotter)
Elerslie anyone? :P
I was thinking of applying there, but i've put charles morris down now. I'm still not 100% sure though so i may change my mind Can i ask what made you choose Elerslie ?

(Original post by Xabi17)
Or find one in Leeds...?
There isn't a kfc in leeds city centre , all of them are in akward places in leeds, no where near the centre
Xabi17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rachl)
There isn't a kfc in leeds city centre , all of them are in akward places in leeds, no where near the centre
:mad:

How about Hyde Park/Headingley?

EDIT: There is one in Headingley.
jmp04
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by me7)
I really want to but just scared of how oversubscribed everyone says it is! So don't know what to do!! think I might just go for it and hope for the best!

Ive applied to Henry Price (with Tannery as a backup), Both really nice, the only thing that swung it was location in relation to Campus for me.

Also guys when you say "id hurry up as all the places are filling up... fast" this is not the case.
Leeds' policy on allocation IS NOT first come first servied, they try and distribute it evenly and accordingly so theres a good mix of both gender and different courses etc... Just a quick FYI
Nicola.Garner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by holly6946)
Oh bum.
I haven't applied anywhere yet because I'm still waiting on places to respond on my UCAS... KCL and Bristol have made me wait 148 days so far
I realllllly like North Hill, but James Baillie's cool beans too, how about you?

x

nawwwhhh youve kept count, thats so sweet :P and yeah it is annoying i was made to wait four months and i was killing myself with the wait, im glad now its all over :P and i liked them both i also liked devonshire and montague burton ive actually applied for north hill, but made it so my chooses will give me either or them three :P x
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by me7)
Yes! Do it everyones saying that they're scared this year so maybe not as many people will apply and the brave people like us will have an awesome time ;D
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jmp04)
Ive applied to Henry Price (with Tannery as a backup), Both really nice, the only thing that swung it was location in relation to Campus for me.

Also guys when you say "id hurry up as all the places are filling up... fast" this is not the case.
Leeds' policy on allocation IS NOT first come first servied, they try and distribute it evenly and accordingly so theres a good mix of both gender and different courses etc... Just a quick FYI
How did you make a back up :s I didn't get that option!!
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know how long you have to wait after firming Leeds before you can apply for accommodation?
Paaaul
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I applied through the website, but all my preferences say n/a, do I have to ring up the guys at Leeds to say what I would like or what way does it work? Thanks in advance buddddies.
Also, James Bailie seems to be my preference, is it really oversub'd?
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by - Major -)
Nah i didn't make it on the acommodation day but I've seen the area around it. Isn't that bad....you can live there for a year...
I've heard more good things about it than bad things...
Plus put it this way...Most people are worried about social life.
If you're a pub person/ bar person...Headlingley is the way to go since it has no clubs according to what people at the uni have told me.
If you're more into clubs and bars like me then go to city centre hence being close helps.
Also if you're doing dentistry / medicine You'll have some hardcore timetable hence it's important to get to lectures mostly and lots of them whereas you'll go out maybe 3-4 times a week? you can bus if you want to go to headlingley instead of bus-ing to uni everyday for lectures...
Well that's my opinion anyways.
yer, exactly. It's possible the most practical option for me tbh. What were the rooms like?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by georgia246)
It was quite nice actually as student kitchens go, was a reasonable size; had like a breakfast bar type thing and a small seated area - was probably the best kitchen i saw (minus storm jameson, ironically). Also there was a sombrero on the top of the fridge which made me like it a whole lot more!
Haha sombrero? sounds better than most then. I'm fairly convinced now
(Original post by Paaaul)
I applied through the website, but all my preferences say n/a, do I have to ring up the guys at Leeds to say what I would like or what way does it work? Thanks in advance buddddies.
Yes, extremely. apparently 50% chance of getting in
Nicola.Garner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Paaaul)
Its only goign to be over subscribed if everyone applies for it :P but everyones been abit put off because it is over subcribed :P which means that no ones goign to apply there :Px
- Major -
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
yer, exactly. It's possible the most practical option for me tbh. What were the rooms like?
Havent seen them didn't go to accommodation day but everyone's saying they're bigger than most places and en suite and the website makes it look decent. I'm not too fused about the room...as long as it has four walls, window,bed,desk,cupboard and suitable space. I'm happy
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And for the people worried about North Hill court, no-one's disadvantaged by time of application as long as it's before July
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nicola.Garner)
Its only goign to be over subscribed if everyone applies for it :P but everyones been abit put off because it is over subcribed :P which means that no ones goign to apply there :Px
Haha are you sure about that? how much do you want to risk it? a lot of people aren't on tsr and don't know it's oversubscribed either
(Original post by - Major -)
Havent seen them didn't go to accommodation day but everyone's saying they're bigger than most places and en suite and the website makes it look decent. I'm not too fused about the room...as long as it has four walls, window,bed,desk,cupboard and suitable space. I'm happy
I'm down. Gonna rob your sig btw
Nicola.Garner
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Haha are you sure about that? how much do you want to risk it? a lot of people aren't on tsr and don't know it's oversubscribed either

I'm down. Gonna rob your sig btw
Ahaha positive :P im on you go as well, and the same worries have been said on there :P so i dunno :P ive made my decision x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads