Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
It didn't take DT 6/9 months to regenerate.
Maybe not but it certainly took quite a while. But still I reckon something happened to her in NY just before we saw her.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
We're getting 1,000 posts per episode of Doctor Who. And there are 11 episodes to go. I think activity might decrease during 'filler' episodes before exploding after episode 7. :holmes:
My guess on activity.

Ep 3- Low-medium
Ep 4- High
Ep 5- Medium-High
Ep 6- -"-
Ep 7- Uber high.

So all in all we may have if we class Ep 2 as High (probably uber high tbh), we might easily reach over half way on this thread. I mean we've had 1000+ plus posts in the pre and post episode 2.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She's clutching her stomach as she appears in the alley :holmes:

Although, that could just be because she's cold...
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did they not say it was a life-support machine? The suit I mean.

Also, she looks pretty sick in the orphanage when we see her hiding behind the wall, and out of the suit. I think she has some sort of TARDIS induced illness that the Silence tried to contain inside the suit. TIME HEAD.

:holmes:
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
She's clutching her stomach as she appears in the alley :holmes:

Although, that could just be because she's cold...
I assumed cold and hungry. Generally living on the streets wouldn't make you feel so great! (If she has been living on streets obvs)
Sawwah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not so sure. I agree about the suit being a life support system and hence the absence causing her to slowly die.

But regeneration would adapt you to survive, in whatever environment you were regenerating into.
Yes but maybe, because she isnt fully timelord, it can only return her to how she was before. Maybe that will change as she gets older.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sawwah)
Yes but maybe, because she isnt fully timelord, it can only return her to how she was before. Maybe that will change as she gets older.
That is asumming she isn't fully timelady. She might well be.
??????????????????
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Maybe not but it certainly took quite a while. But still I reckon something happened to her in NY just before we saw her.

My guess on activity.

Ep 3- Low-medium
Ep 4- High
Ep 5- Medium-High
Ep 6- -"-
Ep 7- Uber high.

So all in all we may have if we class Ep 2 as High (probably uber high tbh), we might easily reach over half way on this thread. I mean we've had 1000+ plus posts in the pre and post episode 2.
I really want to see Episode 4 if the rumours of who Idris is true.
Sawwah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I still dont get why the TARDIS doesn't see her as pregnant. even if her baby is river song she obviously isnt 3 months pregnant. and do you think the little girl is hers or river song is her baby? Or even, is this all a dream, from the 'No shes just dreaming' comment from the woman behind the door.

Gosh Moffat, dont make this easy for us. Though i do admit this series should be a lot better as the plot lines arent as obvious as they were in the last series. That got a bit boring, there are only so many 'alien on earth in disguise as a human' episodes i can take.
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sawwah)
I still dont get why the TARDIS doesn't see her as pregnant. even if her baby is river song she obviously isnt 3 months pregnant. and do you think the little girl is hers or river song is her baby? Or even, is this all a dream, from the 'No shes just dreaming' comment from the woman behind the door.

Gosh Moffat, dont make this easy for us. Though i do admit this series should be a lot better as the plot lines arent as obvious as they were in the last series. That got a bit boring, there are only so many 'alien on earth in disguise as a human' episodes i can take.
Even the TARDIS Pregnancy Test[tm] isn't 100%, just like all the other pregnancy testers out there...

But you'd think as the 'Doctor', he would be able to diagnose a pregnancy -.-
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Moffat is an infinitely better writer than one who would employ the "it was all a dream" plot device.
Yet he dropped...a 'OMG SHE IS PREGNANT' plot device on us all, reminiscent of some soap :teehee:
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And 'WHO'S THE DADDY?! :teehee:
It's like an intergalactic episode of Eastenders

The daddy was actually the green mailman of the planet Zebuclon 6. SHOCK ****ING HORROR. :eek: Oh Amy.....Oh amy....
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think Amy is pregnant. However I think the Doctor wants to find out why she thinks she is.
Sawwah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah, i did say while watching the episode 'he'd better not do the whole 'it was all a dream' thing' and he is an infintley better writer than that, i suppose it will come down to something like maybe the 'bad wolf' thing where it will all get tied up nicely later in a way none of us expected.

One thing he didnt tie up was when rory yelled when the silence were coming to get him and river, did anything happen to him?
JWH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)

The daddy was actually the green mailman of the planet Zebuclon 6. SHOCK ****ING HORROR. :eek: Oh Amy.....Oh amy....
My money is still on the Tardis :sexface:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I'm the Doctor
Well, they call me the Doctor
I don't know why
I call me the Doctor too
Still don't know why

Love the back and forth. :rofl:

Did you two see the papers when a picture of pregnant Amy on a swing with Rory and the Doctor in Amy's Choice. It was asking then, 'Who's the Daddy'.

Now they'll have a field day!
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JWH)
My money is still on the Tardis :sexface:
I thought so first...But if the Tardis physically manifests itself as female then I dunno.

On an aside, I'm also hoping for some lesbinum Amy/Tardis (Idris) action :sexface:
JWH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought so first...But if the Tardis physically manifests itself as female then I dunno.

On an aside, I'm also hoping for some lesbinum Amy/Tardis (Idris) action :sexface:
If the Tardis manifests as a female all I shall say is they damn better put that scene in the episode. Sod all the gay reference's we need a Amy lesbian reference :sexface:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They showed a flashback of them [Rory and River] hurriedly climbing out of the hole.

Oh god. :facepalm2:

They already have. :teehee: Didn't you read the article about the father being a Dalek or a Cyberman? :rofl:
No I haven't, care to send a link. I think it must be a Cyberman. The one in TPO certainly wanted two to become one. :awesome:

Unless the Tardis is hermaphrodite :teehee:
humy369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Maybe it can manifest itself as both but it chooses female becuase the Doctor is male?
hxecute
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm the Doctor
Well, they call me the Doctor
I don't know why
I call me the Doctor too
Still don't know why

Love the back and forth. :rofl:

Attached files
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise