Edinburgh Students Society Watch

winterblue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm so scared! I'm sending all you other conditional people positive vibes/energy. I don't think I'll have met the offer but I'm trying to remain positive, my heart is set on Edinburgh.
winterblue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Carly - I finally managed to give you some rep...sorry for the delay!
MissSmith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by winterblue)
Carly - I finally managed to give you some rep...sorry for the delay!
thanks! i did wonder who it was from!

i feel so much respect for all you guys, i could never imagine going through what you guys are being put through. and i think that, whether or not you get the grades (which i am 100% confident you all will) you should get into edinburgh for being such strong characters! this is one occassion where i really salute the scottish exam system. and i know all this worrying will be for nothing, you are all joinging us in edinburgh

on results day, please all post to tell us if you are in or not, so we know to look out for you on the 9th

talking of which, we ought to set a date for our "lets all wander around the same area and eat an apple until we see each other" day.

the rest of the accomodation people will be hearing on monday, as when i phoned them on monday 7 august they said i will "receieve my offer on either friday or monday".

have a good day everyone and think of me while im at work...
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)

i feel so much respect for all you guys, i could never imagine going through what you guys are being put through. and i think that, whether or not you get the grades (which i am 100% confident you all will) you should get into edinburgh for being such strong characters! this is one occassion where i really salute the scottish exam system. and i know all this worrying will be for nothing, you are all joinging us in edinburgh

on results day, please all post to tell us if you are in or not, so we know to look out for you on the 9th

talking of which, we ought to set a date for our "lets all wander around the same area and eat an apple until we see each other" day.
I agree, we shouldnt worry, Im confident we'll meet the grades to get in.

Yes, we need to set a date for apple day!
MissSmith
Rep:
?
how about sunday morning? like, 11am? that allows for a long lie so we dont have anyone too hung over after saturday night!

do we get fed on the moving in day if we are in pollock halls? or will we have to get our own food for the weekend?
studentforever
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hows the weather up there?
^^zummi^^
Report 12 years ago
Carly I know somebody on your floor :p: goes by the name of Adam and has interesting side burns, kind of hard to miss :rolleyes:
Bananarama
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)
do we get fed on the moving in day if we are in pollock halls? or will we have to get our own food for the weekend?
good question..... :confused:
^^zummi^^
Report 12 years ago
I would have thought so, because the lease begins from the 9th and the only thing on the contract about food is that it will not be supplied over the xmas period as it is room only basis.
The_Despoiler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How are we all today? Does anybody know of anyone else staying in Darroch Court for 2006-07? Apart from this gay guy I know, who's going to study P.Ed, I don't know of anyone, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm counting the days until Freshers' week. This SR gathering sounds rather interesting too.

Woo. I've made a facebook profile. Such was the extent of my boredom this afternoon.

http://ed.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61012908
(for anyone else who is registered)
MissSmith
Rep:
?
check out facebook- there are a couple of people on there who are in darroch.

i added you as a friend, by the way
Lukas
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i've just packed my stuff, off to the wilderness tomorrow morning (partly in order to relieve the results fuss )...will be back on thursday, until then good luck conditional people and just relax...and unconditional people enjoy the holiday...
mjam93
Report 12 years ago
Heylo lovely people.

First post, so thought it should go here!

Im Alex *waves*. Live round the corner from Pollock Halls (with parents, oo go me) and starting Law at Edin Uni next month. Cannot wait!!! So, can't wait to see lots of new people coming to Edinburgh. I am also very useful as a human map hehe.

:tsr2:
MissSmith
Rep:
?
awesome! so you will know all the good bars and clubs and pubs! woop!

oh yeah.. welcome
flic_pearson
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mjam93)
Heylo lovely people.

First post, so thought it should go here!

Im Alex *waves*. Live round the corner from Pollock Halls (with parents, oo go me) and starting Law at Edin Uni next month. Cannot wait!!! So, can't wait to see lots of new people coming to Edinburgh. I am also very useful as a human map hehe.

:tsr2:
hi mjam93! starting law too...also can't wait. this is so weird to keep coming across people im guna be having classes with in just a few weeks. im used to walking into new schools and stuff and being totally clueless. having info is strangely unnerving LOL
flic_pearson
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by The_Despoiler)
How are we all today? Does anybody know of anyone else staying in Darroch Court for 2006-07? Apart from this gay guy I know, who's going to study P.Ed, I don't know of anyone, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm counting the days until Freshers' week. This SR gathering sounds rather interesting too.

Woo. I've made a facebook profile. Such was the extent of my boredom this afternoon.

http://ed.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61012908
(for anyone else who is registered)
hey. am starting law AND in darroch for 06/07. have u been told which flat/stair ur in yet?
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ankita_patnaik)
I agree, we shouldnt worry, Im confident we'll meet the grades to get in.
At least one person is confident....

I met a lady at work today who lives in Stirling, she was asking me about uni, and I said I'm hopefully going to Edinburgh. She gave me her business card and told me to phone her if I ever get lonley :confused: bear in mind this woman is about 60 and I've had a 5 minute conversation with her... why would I phone her if I was alone???
The_Despoiler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by flic_pearson)
hey. am starting law AND in darroch for 06/07. have u been told which flat/stair ur in yet?
Flat 2, Stair 7 ..............

I've just been taken home by the AA recovery team, after running my car off the road. (aaaaaaaaahhh!) I've snapped a suspension arm and the drive shaft is buggered. I may as well end my life now. :eek:
Bananarama
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hiya mjam93. I may have to take you up on that human map offer. I'm not blessed with any useful sense of direction. My Bristol open day is a great example.....
wish I could find out where I'm living.....
Bananarama
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
oooo my signature is now rather large.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (69)
29.74%
No - I got the required grades (132)
56.9%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.36%

Watched Threads