The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Okay I just looked.
C4 is lovely and low :eek:
M1 is high :eek:

It's going to be SO hit and miss whether I get my A overall or not :afraid:
They're raw mark boundaries

Say if the unit 4B is out of 100 UMS (I don't know if it is), and 65/75 of the raw marks is an A*, then if you got 65/75 you'd get 90/100 UMS.

If 59/75 is an A, then you'll get 80/100 UMS
AQA for PSYA3 is nice 48/72 for an a* :biggrin:
Edexcel have being nice to me, maths and now history. I think I am well in reach of that unintended A in history now
Reply 1025
Original post by blackraven
Edexcel chemistry grade boundaries are really high especially unit 5. seriously like wtf 80 out of 90 for an A*, 74 out of 90 for an A (which is a mark greater than he A* grade boundary for june 2012, 2011 and 2010). Are they on meth or something? can someone please tell me that i'm not overreacting because although it was a long time ago, the exam wasn't anymore difficult or easier than previous summer exams. i mean ffs edexcel, you ruin everything

I feel biology edexcel is also pretty high unit 5! I think edexcel have yet again screwed me over!
Reply 1026
Original post by Rogers
Hi
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding these boundaries

41O3D.png
http://puu.sh/41O3D.png

Is the top one on C3 the replaced paper? Although the bottom one says (Paper 01R) I would expect the replaced paper to have lower boundaries.

Can you clear things up for me? Thanks!

The top one is the replaced paper (which nearly everyone sat).

I believe that the bottom one is the international paper (non UK students)
Original post by BOOM!
Unit 5-
57 C
63 B
69 A

Unit 1-
48 C
53 B
53 A

Thanks a lot :smile: think my A in unit 5 is gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
UMS boundaries always remain the same, it is the grade boundaries or raw marks that alter. E.g. in a paper out of 100 UMS, it will always be 80 UMS for an A. If that paper is 75 raw marks, it can vary between approximately 55-65 for an A depending on the difficulty of the paper. Look at past grade boundaries to see whether they are high or low
Original post by BOOM!
Unit 5 edexcel biology is so bloody high

please check for me unit 2 and unit 3 coz the link is not working
Reply 1030
EDEXCEL: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf

I'm pretty sure this is them, it was on their website!
Any Edexcel A2 Biologists here?
Sorry to be a pain but what is English lit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1033
Original post by Rogers
Hi
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding these boundaries

41O3D.png
http://puu.sh/41O3D.png

Is the top one on C3 the replaced paper? Although the bottom one says (Paper 01R) I would expect the replaced paper to have lower boundaries.

Can you clear things up for me? Thanks!

Original post by boomboom_capecod
For Edexcel maths exams there are two boundaries, how do I know which one is for the exam I sat?

01R doesn't mean replacement paper. There is a separate, different paper taken by international students who are several hours ahead of the UK timezone to prevent them doing the exam then leaking the answers online before we in the UK have taken it.

As they are different papers, they get different grade boundaries. Just look at the ones with 01 (not 01R) if you took them in the UK. :smile:
the Edexcel economics grade boundary is HORRIBLE!!! the hard papers have a higher than normal A* :frown:

i mean what even??? :O
Original post by Skipper23
Sorry to be a pain but what is English lit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is it?

It's a subject. English Literature
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but I can't get any of the edexcel pages to work for me?
Reply 1037
Original post by yarshad

YES unit 5 is bloody high!!!!!
what does the (01R) stand for in the edexcel grade boundaries?
Original post by yarshad

Yes here. Really just want the GB to be published

Quick Reply

Latest