The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Polka Dot
they have him surrounded.

Kneew I could jinx it.
Reply 1021
Sounds like the feed is going to be switched off.
Oh **** we've been rumbled
Reply 1023
Did they just mention that they were being broadcast on the internet? :lol: And that they're sorting a replacement?

Media trying to access the scene now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iamgreatness
"lol we also have a problem its being broadcasted on the internet lololol"

Did they say that without the lols, or were they there? XD
Original post by pjm600
Sounds like the feed is going to be switched off.

The only way it can be switched off is if the Boston PD convinces Ustream to shut it off, as it's simply an audio feed from a scanner. BPD radios are not encrypted.

There's no way ustream is going to shut down what might be the most subscribed simultaneous audio stream in the history of the internet. They'll be making a fortune from those ads alone, not to mention the exposure.
Reply 1026
Original post by HotfireLegend
Did they say that without the lols, or were they there? XD

I'm pretty sure I heard "we also have a problem its being broadcast on the internet lololol0l11"
Original post by pjm600
I'm pretty sure I heard "we also have a problem its being broadcast on the internet lololol0l11"

So they actually said the lols? XD
Original post by pjm600

You are mistaken sir. It was "we also have a problem its being broadcast on the internet lololol0l11haxorspr0n"
Original post by HotfireLegend
So they actually said the lols? XD

yes
Reply 1030
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
The only way it can be switched off is if the Boston PD convinces Ustream to shut it off, as it's simply an audio feed from a scanner. BPD radios are not encrypted.

There's no way ustream is going to shut down what might be the most subscribed simultaneous audio stream in the history of the internet. They'll be making a fortune from those ads alone, not to mention the exposure.

I'm aware, the PD could force UStream to take all of them offline. They mentioned shutting down a "downlink", I don't know what that is.
Reply 1032
I wish scanners were legal here, quite interesting.
" watch your mics its an open mic watch your mic"
Reply 1035
One cop is leaving his mic on lol
who's mike
Watch the damn mic! Idiot.
aren't we hinging their operation by doing this
Reply 1039
WATCH THE DAMN MIC! Christ!

"Okay that was accidental"....no excuse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending