Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Aim high
    Aiming for higher, of course, but I wouldn't complain if I got those grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinawe)
    Aiming for higher, of course, but I wouldn't complain if I got those grades
    Lol, 100/100, how are you going to complain about that?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, 100/100, how are you going to complain about that?
    I meant 1,1 in STEP II, III

ReputationRep:
    Aim high
    :yep: I guess we do!

ReputationRep:
    pfft, 100 on FP2/FP3 is where it's at

Spoiler:
    Show

inb4 DJMayes comes in and says 120/120 in STEP II and III is where it's at :teehee:
    I would not say that, because I haven't managed it.

Spoiler:
    Show

100 in C2, C3, FP1, M1, and M3 is where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    I meant 1,1 in STEP II, III
    Ah I'm hoping for SSS but I can't see it happening
    So yeah, I wouldn't complain about 111 or some variation thereof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    I would not say that, because I haven't managed it.

Spoiler:
    Show

100 in C2, C3, FP1, M1, and M3 is where it's at.

Don't worry, you'll be saying it soon enough

I'd be on track for that if I didn't somehow run out of time in my C3 exam, lost 4 raw marks because of that :rolleyes: I still can't fathom how I was so slow!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm hoping for SSS but I can't see it happening
    So yeah, I wouldn't complain about 111 or some variation thereof.
    I've never fully figured out - are you an AS or an A2 student? :lol: If it's the latter, are you a Cambridge offer holder, and if so, what college?

ReputationRep:
    I've never fully figured out - are you an AS or an A2 student? :lol: If it's the latter, are you a Cambridge offer holder, and if so, what college?
    It's the former I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge, I thought applying to Trinity might be a bit arrogant, but another one I liked - Christ's is taken by my sister, now I'm looking at Clare or Downing

ReputationRep:
    It's the former I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge, I thought applying to Trinity might be a bit arrogant, but another one I liked - Christ's is taken by my sister, now I'm looking at Clare or Downing
    Apply to Trinity, if you like it - Pembroke is the best though. Arrogance is a silly excuse to not apply to a college if that's the one you prefer. SSS is an interesting hope for a year 12 though - back then I just hoped I'd be able to semi-consistently answer questions. :lol

ReputationRep:
    Apply to Trinity, if you like it - Pembroke is the best though. Arrogance is a silly excuse to not apply to a college if that's the one you prefer. SSS is an interesting hope for a year 12 though - back then I just hoped I'd be able to semi-consistently answer questions. :lol
    Lol, I'm banking on some improvement.
    I'm only taking STEP I this year. . .
    The real test will come next year
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm worried I might not get in

ReputationRep:
    S1111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! :woo:

Thought I'd let you know, I was extra careful when calculating Var(X) today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    S1111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! :woo:

Thought I'd let you know, I was extra careful when calculating Var(X) today
    Midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you applied to Pembroke? It seems like lots of people on TSR like Pembroke.

I've narrowed my choices down to Pembroke, King's and Emmanuel... I'll probably choose after exams are over.

ReputationRep:
    Volume of solid generated by curve y=f(x) when it is rotated 360 degrees about the x-axis

= \displaystyle \pi \int y^2 \mathrm{ \ } dx

The volume of a revolution is:
    \pi \displaystyle\int y^2 \ dx
    Where y=f(x)
    Rearrange the equation into the above format, and it should be easy enough
    Yeah i know the formulea.... it gets trickier after... in my respective

this is what i did

Name:  picture059 - Copy (2).jpg
Views: 160
Size:  107.5 KB
    Name:  picture058 - Copy.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  82.4 KB

notice the :qed: lol

oh and i sort of left it as that...unfinished :O

(Original post by JayWise)
    DO you not just leave it in terms of a seeing as its just a constant, I got pie(306.38a^3) ??
    thats not it ... although you are right in saying that because A'is a constant it is involved

ryan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :woo:
    lol how did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Midnight?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok I give up, I bombed it tbh it went quite bad ran out of time (dropped about 7 marks)
    Seriously, ran out of time? I find that hard to believe, although other people have told me the same. You don't know that just yet though.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm banking on some improvement.
    I'm only taking STEP I this year. . .
    The real test will come next year
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm worried I might not get in
    I wouldn't worry too much - I'm not 100% on what your UMS is but if you're confident enough to sit STEP I in year 12 then I doubt it won't be good enough, and all the STEP practise you'll have will be very beneficial at interview.

Ah, you applied to Pembroke? It seems like lots of people on TSR like Pembroke.

I've narrowed my choices down to Pembroke, King's and Emmanuel... I'll probably choose after exams are over.
    Yeah, I'm a Pembroke offer holder. Applying for Maths was quite fun this year - there were more TSR applicants than there are places for the subject, and one of those applicants was LotF...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Seriously, ran out of time? I find that hard to believe, although other people have told me the same. You don't know that just yet though.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I shifted qs till the end (which looked initially hard to tackle) and then by the end it all added up and I just simply ran out of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    Lol I wasn't sure what your problem was. Your idea is right, though I haven't got time to check your working.
    Perhaps ask the DJ or justinawe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.