The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Monster Raving Loony Party is still embracing the Wensleydale Cheese policy I proposed to them way back in 2001. It was on their tweet today!
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cheese_Monster)
Generally speaking I mean people with less than fifty posts.
Ahhh my bad I did wonder :lol:

EDIT: Your an oxford fan aren't you? Whats this Damian Martinez guy like? (Young keeper from Arsenal who you had on loan from end of last season) He's just signed on loan for us which is really bizarre considering Kirland is in top form...
Cheese_Monster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Ahhh my bad I did wonder :lol:

EDIT: Your an oxford fan aren't you? Whats this Damian Martinez guy like? (Young keeper from Arsenal who you had on loan from end of last season) He's just signed on loan for us which is really bizarre considering Kirland is in top form...
Honestly, I hadn't even heard of the guy until you mentioned just now, he never challenged our first team keeper so that's as little as I can reflect to you

Just broke up with my girlfriend, tough, but right choice.
nixonsjellybeans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Honestly, I hadn't even heard of the guy until you mentioned just now, he never challenged our first team keeper so that's as little as I can reflect to you

Just broke up with my girlfriend, tough, but right choice.
Fair enough, I doubt he'll be playing here then unless Kirkland gets crocked which quite frankly he has a history of.

Ah nay mind, plenty more fish in the sea eh? Well providing we fish them sustainably that is...
Been having similar thoughts in recent weeks tbh, stuck in a hard place but meh
Cheese_Monster
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fair enough, I doubt he'll be playing here then unless Kirkland gets crocked which quite frankly he has a history of.

Ah nay mind, plenty more fish in the sea eh? Well providing we fish them sustainably that is...
Been having similar thoughts in recent weeks tbh, stuck in a hard place but meh
Kirkland is quality.

Its not even about other girls, I just feel like I'm in a prison cage in a relationship, they're just not right for me right now I guess.
nixonsjellybeans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kirkland is quality.

Its not even about other girls, I just feel like I'm in a prison cage in a relationship, they're just not right for me right now I guess.
He is indeed, shame his body never managed to keep up with him though. It makes you wonder what exactly Wigan were doing to him for him to get injured all the time, he hasn't had an injury whilst he's been here.

Thats what I feel like although no doubt for different reasons. Five years in with her and i'm wobbling, best make up my chuffing mind soon. Doesn't help outspoken relatives have hinted at getting engaged, god damn it i'm still young!
Cheese_Monster
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He is indeed, shame his body never managed to keep up with him though. It makes you wonder what exactly Wigan were doing to him for him to get injured all the time, he hasn't had an injury whilst he's been here.

Thats what I feel like although no doubt for different reasons. Five years in with her and i'm wobbling, best make up my chuffing mind soon. Doesn't help outspoken relatives have hinted at getting engaged, god damn it i'm still young!
Its weird when that happens, a bit like an injury ridden RVP at Arsenal but barely injured at all at Man U!

Phew that's a long old time, I understand where you're coming from, I like the freedom to do whatever I want; but making up your mind is the hardest part, no doubt harder for you if you had to deal with the fallout of a five year relationship!
Superunknown17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So what does everyone think about the neg rep option being taken away? Bit ridiculous if you ask me, what's the point in only having positive if you don't have negative as a counter balance, to show if a post is complete rubbish.
SciFiRory
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Superunknown17)
So what does everyone think about the neg rep option being taken away? Bit ridiculous if you ask me, what's the point in only having positive if you don't have negative as a counter balance, to show if a post is complete rubbish.
whaaa? you mean tis not just a coding error? :eek: so you can only pos rep? :/
Superunknown17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SciFiRory)
whaaa? you mean tis not just a coding error? :eek: so you can only pos rep? :/
Aye, only pos rep from now on, it's on a 3 month trial basis.

Here's the link to the statement by the Community Team: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2490492
nixonsjellybeans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Eh? Which lummock proposed this? Lets all pretend to be friends whilst I can't neg you... talk about bleeding utopianism. People need to learn to deal with crap in life and if they can't deal with a mere neg from somebody who disagrees then balls to them.

Not greatly happy but what can a mere user do. That said I bet this is just a crappy way to increase site activity or something.

Its weird when that happens, a bit like an injury ridden RVP at Arsenal but barely injured at all at Man U!

Phew that's a long old time, I understand where you're coming from, I like the freedom to do whatever I want; but making up your mind is the hardest part, no doubt harder for you if you had to deal with the fallout of a five year relationship!
I know exactly how you feel friend, horrible ain't it?
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ridiculous plan to make more users happy, hence attracting more of them to look and click on adverts. :rolleyes: I guess we will need to find another way to perform our mostly anonymous vendettas, but it will be much harder to see which posts are worthwhile.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really care enough about the reputation system to have a strong opinion, but I never have been a fan of the arbitrary way people neg posts. Can't say I'll miss it... or even particularly notice.
SciFiRory
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aye, only pos rep from now on, it's on a 3 month trial basis.

Here's the link to the statement by the Community Team: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2490492
fair enough, suppose it should stop some trolls and the neg gangs.
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I actually suggested this just a couple of weeks ago in the rep feedback thread and it got repped by a supermod, so I'm going to pretend that I gave them the idea and take all of the credit

Although I did only suggest it for the debating parts of the site. I don't think neg rep works in places like D&CA, it's too easy to just click the neg button and give no counter-argument, doesn't make sense in a forum dedicated to debating, in fact it actually detracts from the experience. Now if you disagree with someone you actually have to say it, or in other words, people have to actually debate their debates these days. That's how it should be.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I miss the negging option. Although I never negged in the model Commons. Indeed I have repped posters because they have negged by others

(Original post by SciFiRory)
fair enough, suppose it should stop some trolls and the neg gangs.
I have to admit I have negged you quite a few times, but the last time it was pos.
toronto353
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think that it's a positive step forward, but of course it doesn't stop members negging members in other parts of the site in return for what they say here, but this is a good step and one which I warmly welcome.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So have you seen the latest American propaganda yet? It is called White House Down and suspiciously resembles Olympus Has Fallen. Not that I care about cinematography of this genre much…
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I actually miss receiving neg rep, and I never thought I would say that.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
I actually miss receiving neg rep, and I never thought I would say that.
Well, here is some of it:

Feels bad, man. Especially the grammar.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise