The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by solarplexus
I know that...:smile: but 736 x 4 = 2944 (impossible UKCAT score right?)

It's probably rounded up from 735 or something, I think you're right about the 0, 2.5... Thing, all total scores I've seen are multiples of ten :P
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1021
Original post by solarplexus
I know that...:smile: but 736 x 4 = 2944 (impossible UKCAT score right?)

Hey solarplexus, honestly stop stressing it was just a typo, he got 735, well that's what he tells me! :tongue:

So much stress on this thread about one thing or another, guys calm down I'm sure we'll hear soon be it after Christmas. :colone:
Original post by HHaris14
Hey solarplexus, honestly stop stressing it was just a typo, he got 735, well that's what he tells me! :tongue:

So much stress on this thread about one thing or another, guys calm down I'm sure we'll hear soon be it after Christmas. :colone:

not actually stressing:wink:
Original post by HHaris14

I know!! I can actually feel waves of stress radiating from my computer screen.... *Scuttles off TSR*
Reply 1024
Original post by cazmasetro
Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.

Hey! How did your interview go? Was it a questionnaire or an essay then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi , My UKCAT is : 708
Got AABB at AS A's in Chemistry and Maths , B's in Biology and Economics .I also got predicted 4a's at A2. What are my chances of getting an interview?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nasirdeen96
Hi , My UKCAT is : 708
Got AABB at AS A's in Chemistry and Maths , B's in Biology and Economics .I also got predicted 4a's at A2. What are my chances of getting an interview?

What were your GCSE's? i don't think kings are too bothered about your as/a level predictions, but they're quite picky about UKCAT and this year the average has risen considerably. 708 might be slightly pushing it, but they look at personal statement and stuff as well so just hold out hope!
Original post by maryamnc
What were your GCSE's? i don't think kings are too bothered about your as/a level predictions, but they're quite picky about UKCAT and this year the average has risen considerably. 708 might be slightly pushing it, but they look at personal statement and stuff as well so just hold out hope!

Yeah that's what I was thinking thanks. 4A* 7A 1B :frown:
Original post by GCSE-help
Ahh I see. Would you suggest that in our preparation, we write down answers on paper and memorise them? Or do you mean like having a framework in your head for different type of questions?

Framework is the best way to go with any interview. If they feel you have rehearsed an answer they will think you're not capable of thinking for yourself. Also, they may ask questions in different ways so you'll have to prepare yourself with that, that's what I realsied for this interview. The best way is to firstly read the interview books, the ISC one is really good. At the same time get quite alot of mock interviews from different people, they could be your family, your friends, your teacher, careers etc. A medical school student would be perfect as would be a doctor who understands the interview process.

I know this may be info you've heard before but it's good to reiterate it.
Original post by tr26
Can I ask if there was a lot of reference to your personal statement during the interview? its ok if u cant answer bc of the disclosure thing, lemme know

All I'll say is that make sure you know your personal statement inside out and that you have actually done the work experience you have written on there. You may or may not be asked to expand on specific parts of your work experience. Then again this could be said the same for any interview.

One thing I'll say is that make sure you have some good examples you can take from your interview. For example, if you have done some shadowing, you may be asked to talk about something interesting you saw, and that will give you the chance to present your example. However, this has to be something you are ready to expand on and what you know really well.
Original post by lixto
i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep :frown:

Don't worry. I know a girl whose in her first year of med who was in the same situation. You'll do fine don't worry.
Original post by Moo321
Hi, have any grads received any rejection from KCL (4 year)

I've got quite a few friends who have applied for the 4 year programme but they haven't heard anything back yet
anyone who's had an interview so far, do they play good cop/ bad cop? i am so screwed if they do.. actually im screwed either way. i hate interviews :frown:
Reply 1033
Original post by Chihuahua_95
anyone who's had an interview so far, do they play good cop/ bad cop? i am so screwed if they do.. actually im screwed either way. i hate interviews :frown:

And I hate when people lack self-confidence!
Google "Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are" and watch her TED Speech.
Make conclusions and apply them to your daily life.
Original post by Blayenne
And I hate when people lack self-confidence!
Google "Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are" and watch her TED Speech.
Make conclusions and apply them to your daily life.

I completely agree with you!! I am trying to change that.

I'm genuinely curious whether they do good cop/bad cop though...
Does handing your application late mean you are likely to have a later interview.

I got 770 UKCAT and A/A* at GCSE and A-level, so I'm getting pretty worried now...
Reply 1036
Well it's nice to know that those of us who don't have an interview before Christmas at least have some more time to prepare :smile:!
Reply 1037
Original post by badman101
Does handing your application late mean you are likely to have a later interview.

No
Original post by Chihuahua_95
I completely agree with you!! I am trying to change that.

I'm genuinely curious whether they do good cop/bad cop though...

King's do a traditional interview so that means there may be two people on the panel. Sometimes they could be very nice people, other times they may be a bit more stern and critical of your personal statement or answers. It just depends on who you get really.

I all I'll say is that prepare for your interviews in a way where you are able to deal with harsh criticism. Get someone, like a friend, who is willing to rip your answers to pieces to interview you. Even if you end up getting the nicest people interviewing you it is still good that you prepared for the worst.
Reply 1039
has anyone had a rejection from King's yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest