Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha0108)
    Anyone else got the same message as above? I'm kinda worried now....haven't heard anything other than that the app was being processed when I first sent it in. Didn't even get the above message :confused:
    Don't worry. This is a reply to a question. Sorry for any added nerves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samantha0108)
    Anyone else got the same message as above? I'm kinda worried now....haven't heard anything other than that the app was being processed when I first sent it in. Didn't even get the above message :confused:
    Maybe the person emailed them asking them how many more interviews and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    Maybe the person emailed them asking them how many more interviews and stuff
    Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People need to calm down hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9967)
    It depends what number you use before you divide by 4
    Eg if you have 3200 and you divide by 4.. It will be 800 a whole number..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know that... but 736 x 4 = 2944 (impossible UKCAT score right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solarplexus)
    It's probably rounded up from 735 or something, I think you're right about the 0, 2.5... Thing, all total scores I've seen are multiples of ten :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solarplexus)
    Hey solarplexus, honestly stop stressing it was just a typo, he got 735, well that's what he tells me!

So much stress on this thread about one thing or another, guys calm down I'm sure we'll hear soon be it after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHaris14)
    Hey solarplexus, honestly stop stressing it was just a typo, he got 735, well that's what he tells me!

So much stress on this thread about one thing or another, guys calm down I'm sure we'll hear soon be it after Christmas.
    not actually stressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHaris14)

I know!! I can actually feel waves of stress radiating from my computer screen.... *Scuttles off TSR*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazmasetro)
    Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.
    Hey! How did your interview go? Was it a questionnaire or an essay then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi , My UKCAT is : 708
    Got AABB at AS A's in Chemistry and Maths , B's in Biology and Economics .I also got predicted 4a's at A2. What are my chances of getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasirdeen96)
    Hi , My UKCAT is : 708
    Got AABB at AS A's in Chemistry and Maths , B's in Biology and Economics .I also got predicted 4a's at A2. What are my chances of getting an interview?
    What were your GCSE's? i don't think kings are too bothered about your as/a level predictions, but they're quite picky about UKCAT and this year the average has risen considerably. 708 might be slightly pushing it, but they look at personal statement and stuff as well so just hold out hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamnc)
    What were your GCSE's? i don't think kings are too bothered about your as/a level predictions, but they're quite picky about UKCAT and this year the average has risen considerably. 708 might be slightly pushing it, but they look at personal statement and stuff as well so just hold out hope!
    Yeah that's what I was thinking thanks. 4A* 7A 1B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Ahh I see. Would you suggest that in our preparation, we write down answers on paper and memorise them? Or do you mean like having a framework in your head for different type of questions?
    Framework is the best way to go with any interview. If they feel you have rehearsed an answer they will think you're not capable of thinking for yourself. Also, they may ask questions in different ways so you'll have to prepare yourself with that, that's what I realsied for this interview. The best way is to firstly read the interview books, the ISC one is really good. At the same time get quite alot of mock interviews from different people, they could be your family, your friends, your teacher, careers etc. A medical school student would be perfect as would be a doctor who understands the interview process.

I know this may be info you've heard before but it's good to reiterate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tr26)
    Can I ask if there was a lot of reference to your personal statement during the interview? its ok if u cant answer bc of the disclosure thing, lemme know
    All I'll say is that make sure you know your personal statement inside out and that you have actually done the work experience you have written on there. You may or may not be asked to expand on specific parts of your work experience. Then again this could be said the same for any interview.

One thing I'll say is that make sure you have some good examples you can take from your interview. For example, if you have done some shadowing, you may be asked to talk about something interesting you saw, and that will give you the chance to present your example. However, this has to be something you are ready to expand on and what you know really well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lixto)
    i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep
    Don't worry. I know a girl whose in her first year of med who was in the same situation. You'll do fine don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moo321)
    Hi, have any grads received any rejection from KCL (4 year)
    I've got quite a few friends who have applied for the 4 year programme but they haven't heard anything back yet

ReputationRep:
    anyone who's had an interview so far, do they play good cop/ bad cop? i am so screwed if they do.. actually im screwed either way. i hate interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chihuahua_95)
    anyone who's had an interview so far, do they play good cop/ bad cop? i am so screwed if they do.. actually im screwed either way. i hate interviews
    And I hate when people lack self-confidence!
    Google "Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are" and watch her TED Speech.
    Make conclusions and apply them to your daily life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blayenne)
    And I hate when people lack self-confidence!
    Google "Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are" and watch her TED Speech.
    Make conclusions and apply them to your daily life.
    I completely agree with you!! I am trying to change that.

I'm genuinely curious whether they do good cop/bad cop though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.