Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting real sick of Charlton :lol:

(Original post by Midlander)
    Could you please put Leon Clarke in goal on Saturday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would be no good for you as his belly would cover the entire net.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how many neutrals watched the Leeds & Forest game, but what a horrendously boring game of football. Forest 2-0 up in 15 minutes then absolute **** all happening for the next 70 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Really beginning to lose faith in Lee Clark, I will always continue support the manager and team on the field, but having constantly called for stability on the field to counter the continual disrepair off it, today showed a real naivety when calm heads and fight was needed. I don't even need to have been at the game to know what occurred, being 4-0 down at half-time is bad enough. Being 4-0 down in the current situation we find ourselves in with a sincere lack of quality and players still learning their new positions is down right damaging.

Of course, we showed the usual fight in the second half but we can't continue to fight while three nil down, making changes in the first half of games to turn things around - we have to get ahead first. We've gone behind 17 times in twenty games this calendar year from 20 games - they've wielded 7 points.
    I'm baffled. I honestly thought Clark wouldn't be so naive to go with so many individuals out of position and we've been made to pay humiliatingly.

Will I say Clark out? No. Will I boo him on Saturday? No. Will I support him? Of course. Do I still have 100% faith in his decisions - unfortunately not.

We have got to attack with no fear, play to our strengths and get back to the basics of the game. The only bright note of the game is that Gray scored, he's really beginning to develop as a player which is good. One things for sure, we need a win on Saturday.

Apologies for the rant, i know that in football we must face joys and sorrows but this is not how I wanted the Easter fixtures to end for us!
    What a crazy game. I can't remember last time we were 4-0 up at half time- and in complete control. But we were helped by an awful Birmingham team who had the heart of a pea.

I'm glad you're not in favour of sacking Clark though, with a team like that it's no surprise you are where you are and a different manager would struggle just as much. I heard most of Birmingham's defence was on loan, and some had already been recalled, just to make things worse.

Were you at the game today? Well at half time they had a competition to put the ball in the net without bouncing from various distanced to win a prize. This guy got to the free season ticket stage which was followed by chants of "you don't know what you're doing" from the home crowd. At least they still have a sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brocklehurst95)
    What a crazy game. I can't remember last time we were 4-0 up at half time- and in complete control. But we were helped by an awful Birmingham team who had the heart of a pea.

I'm glad you're not in favour of sacking Clark though, with a team like that it's no surprise you are where you are and a different manager would struggle just as much. I heard most of Birmingham's defence was on loan, and some had already been recalled, just to make things worse.

Were you at the game today? Well at half time they had a competition to put the ball in the net without bouncing from various distanced to win a prize. This guy got to the free season ticket stage which was followed by chants of "you don't know what you're doing" from the home crowd. At least they still have a sense of humour.
    Gallows humour seems to be common to football fans all over. When we last got relegated we had something like 'We're going up with Donny and Forest, the Football League is upside down'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    That would be no good for you as his belly would cover the entire net.
    He will no doubt be getting a winner's medal at the end of the season. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He will no doubt be getting a winner's medal at the end of the season. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hear hear! No doubt he'll turn up for his one good appearance for us against you

ReputationRep:
    Conceded in the last ****ing minute again. Absolutely ridiculous, dropped 24 points from winning positions this year. This needs to get sorted out in the summer...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by brocklehurst95)
    Birmingham have loaned 4 players this season from Manchester United alone (Macheda, Thorpe, Lingard, Blackett), aside from Macheda they've had virtually no previous experience of professional football. Presume that the rest of their loanees are players at a similar stage in their career. With Zigic's £65k per week still on the books, no wonder they don't have two pennies to rub together.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you want jokes, Conrad Logan - 28 years old, been at the club 13 years, made his debut 7 years ago and still just 23 appearances, yet since he's been our sub keeper every game he'd be in line for a medal iirc (you need 10 appearances in the matchday squad, not necessarily on the pitch as I recall). Absolutely absurd that he can take one home when all he's done for the club is warm seats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    hear hear! No doubt he'll turn up for his one good appearance for us against you
    You could put your junior dingles out and it will still be a humiliation. Clarke won't come out alive, at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    If you want jokes, Conrad Logan - 28 years old, been at the club 13 years, made his debut 7 years ago and still just 23 appearances, yet since he's been our sub keeper every game he'd be in line for a medal iirc (you need 10 appearances in the matchday squad, not necessarily on the pitch as I recall). Absolutely absurd that he can take one home when all he's done for the club is warm seats.
    Indeed. Really should be limited to players who have made the biggest contributions to the team's success.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've basically been celebrating since Friday, hence not posting. One of the best weekends of my life. Congrats to Wolves on winning the league, I'm very very content to go up in second place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I've basically been celebrating since Friday, hence not posting. One of the best weekends of my life. Congrats to Wolves on winning the league, I'm very very content to go up in second place.
    To paraphrase a South Park quote, 'Man, if I supported a club as well run as yours I would be soooo happy'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Birmingham have loaned 4 players this season from Manchester United alone (Macheda, Thorpe, Lingard, Blackett), aside from Macheda they've had virtually no previous experience of professional football. Presume that the rest of their loanees are players at a similar stage in their career. With Zigic's £65k per week still on the books, no wonder they don't have two pennies to rub together.

Yeah considering that then it's no surprise their defence has been so poor. Is Zigic really on £65k? He's the biggest (no pun intended) waste of space on that pitch who's only job is to head the ball. I remember we were after him at one point. Thank God he didn't sign for us
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Really really want Villa relegated! Why should someone buy you for god knows how many million - it's not fair! Plus with Wolves coming up, us *fingercrossed I think we will* staying in Champ and you and the Baggies with the possibility of relegation it could be a very interesting season next season! We need a good derby/scrappy game - if Millwall are going down I want another interesting away game to come. Cos I don't think much of Leeds away, but Villa away
    I highly doubt anyone is going to buy us, all a load of rubbish just to get our hopes up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    BOOOM! Champions, and who better but Lloyd to hand it to us: came from the L1 season and now into the prem :love:

Any predictions on manager of the year in respective divisions? Nigel Pearson seems set to win the Championship award, but I think the League One one might be a little more interesting. It'll probably go to Kenny Jackett because he's going to break the 100 point mark and in the end Wolves have won the division fairly easily but I'd love Mark Warburton to get it. Promotion in his first year in management with a much smaller budget than Wolves isn't something to be scoffed at and the unbeaten run he went on after taking over is pretty impressive. However, it is only half a season so he probably can't win it. Russell Slade deserves a mention for the incredible three quarters of a season Orient had.

Who am I kidding, it's Kenny Jackett isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on manager of the year in respective divisions? Nigel Pearson seems set to win the Championship award, but I think the League One one might be a little more interesting. It'll probably go to Kenny Jackett because he's going to break the 100 point mark and in the end Wolves have won the division fairly easily but I'd love Mark Warburton to get it. Promotion in his first year in management with a much smaller budget than Wolves isn't something to be scoffed at and the unbeaten run he went on after taking over is pretty impressive. However, it is only half a season so he probably can't win it. Russell Slade deserves a mention for the incredible three quarters of a season Orient had.

It's going to be Jackett, the same way Brendan Rodgers is going to get it in the Premier League, and Pearson is going to get it in the Championship.

I'd rather Dyche got it though. Leicester have a squad capable of winning the division, and really should have been promoted last season. Dyche has taken Burnley from 11th, sold Charlie Austin, and still not been out of the top 3 nearly all season. And he has only signed one player for money since his arrival.

Brilliant job.

ReputationRep:

Difficult call in League 1 as there are worthy contenders up and down the table. Possible sky blue tinted glasses here but I think Pressley should at least be nominated for his efforts with some of the worst off field problems in the FL. No way should he win it but pretty much everything has gone against him this season.

Would be a travesty if Jackett won it. Anyone on this forum could have got Wolves promoted with the money and players available.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Much as I dislike Evans, to get a newly promoted team into the play-offs is quite an achievement, he should be in the running for it.

As for the championship, Pearson would be a good choice, as would Redknapp - afterall, he had nothing to spend and took a team battling relegation on, outplaying everyone... :rolleyes: Just not gravelthroat - no denying he's done well, but he's also such a whiney, small-minded hypocrite.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.