Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shackfu9)
    I am so frustrated.. I applied last year, it's been more than 2 months since I applied. They told me before the Christmas break, that I would get a response. I didn't. Then they said I would get it by jan 15th, I didn't. Then they said I would get it now by jan 22nd. But nothing yet. What's happening?! Is anyone else in the same boat as me??

I have applied for marketing by the way
    We're sort of in the same boat. But they never told me a date to hear from them. I have been waiting from last year since I applied and 2 months since they've told me I will get a response soon. I'm going crazy with the waiting :/. I applied for their psychology program

ReputationRep:
    Just been offered a place at nottingham for Law! Couldn't be happier! Anybody else been given an offer for law or even another course?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by woowoo123)
    Just been offered a place at nottingham for Law! Couldn't be happier! Anybody else been given an offer for law or even another course?
    Congrats!! Are you going to firm?

Yeah, I'm firming the Computer Science with AI course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Congrats!! Are you going to firm?

Yeah, I'm firming the Computer Science with AI course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think so! But still unsure on what to put as my insurance...
    Ah that sounds so good! I've seen a lot of people wanting to go to nottingham for that course

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I too got an offer for law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kusum1234)
    Yes, I too got an offer for law.
    Ah well done! Are you going to firm it? And if so, what will be your insurance?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think so! But still unsure on what to put as my insurance...
    Ah that sounds so good! I've seen a lot of people wanting to go to nottingham for that course
    Yeah, it's so awesome - learning about robots + year abroad can't really beat that.

Ah, where else did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's so awesome - learning about robots + year abroad can't really beat that.

Ah, where else did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah the year abroad sounds so cool!
    I also applied to bristol, exeter, queen Mary and southampton, got offers from all but bristol, still haven't heard from them yet! What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a source for that claim? I study here already, I was just curious!

Also if anyone has any questions, hit me up!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah the year abroad sounds so cool!
    I also applied to bristol, exeter, queen Mary and southampton, got offers from all but bristol, still haven't heard from them yet! What about yourself?
    Queen Mary would be a decent insurance, they are quite respected for law.

I applied to Notts, Edinburgh, Lancaster, Loughborough and Reading. Waiting on Edinburgh, they'll be my insurance. If I get rejected, then Lancaster.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going on the mech engineering open day Friday??
    Edit : Saturday *
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blitzkrieg15)
    Ah but you obviously haven't heard, Nottingham announced they are increasing the entry requirements to get into Nottingham every year from now as part of their overall strategy to improve. They will announce the target tariff score later on this year, expected to be 480 points. That's pretty awesome for a university taking 24,000 students. The spending on facilities, new buildings and refurbishments only makes Nottingham genuinely one of the most nicest and most attractive universities to come to. They've even done away with pretty decent buildings for spectacular ones.

Ah my a$%.

Everybody knows the RG 2 are faking high grades at the 1st instance but they still go into clearing.

I mean who the F wants to pay > 12,000 for mass education where 150 + and 20 + to a lecture and seminar ? I mean it's not like you're getting any prestige , no one famous went there. All relative bums.

The problem with Notts is that they think they are like Boston U whereas they come from a small mickey mouse 3rd rate UK city, which attempts to go " global " .

LOL sorry it just doesn't work.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mrkl)
    Ah my a$%.

Everybody knows the RG 2 are faking high grades at the 1st instance but they still go into clearing.

I mean who the F wants to pay > 12,000 for mass education where 150 + and 20 + to a lecture and seminar ? I mean it's not like you're getting any prestige , no one famous went there. All relative bums.

The problem with Notts is that they think they are like Boston U whereas they come from a small mickey mouse 3rd rate UK city, which attempts to go " global " .

LOL sorry it just doesn't work.
    You are too funny, honestly, get hired as a stand up comedian I'm sure you'd be great. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are too funny, honestly, get hired as a stand up comedian I'm sure you'd be great. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another NOtts troller I guess ? Who's the comic now huh ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by mrkl)
    Another NOtts troller I guess ? Who's the comic now huh ?
    Notts firmer here, but at least I don't spend my time looking down a perfectly respectable institution. Surely, there are better ways to spend your time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Notts firmer here, but at least I don't spend my time looking down a perfectly respectable institution. Surely, there are better ways to spend your time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That idiot mrkl is a Nottingham serial troll, upset by the fact that Nottingham is outspending the tacky and banged up Durham and St Andrews. I believe Durham students had to beg their university to improve spending on halls and facilities just a few years ago, and finally they wielded to the pressure and spent.

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Durham and insured Nottingham and I think they are both great Unis. I don't understand why people have a problem with either Uni, they're both good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12ayresy)
    I've firmed Durham and insured Nottingham and I think they are both great Unis. I don't understand why people have a problem with either Uni, they're both good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't say Durham ain't good, I said they could struggle with funding and spending in the near future, thanks to government cutbacks. The larger universities will handle the storm far better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12ayresy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm trying to decide between Durham and Nottingham! Got unconditionals from both cause I already have my grades. Finding it so hard to choose between the two!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenb96)
    I'm trying to decide between Durham and Nottingham! Got unconditionals from both cause I already have my grades. Finding it so hard to choose between the two!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In which subjects? Durham is really good at University College (Castle), but the other colleges aren't anything special to see. Stockton campus is a no-no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.