Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    :giggle:

x.
    Have you had eneuth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrissyH)
    So just to clarify, I should receive an email, automatically, if I had one last year?
    Yes. You can find out if you passed your N5 cake decorating no bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)
    Really hoping I've scored highly because of the new grade boundaries on Highers now. You'd wonder why the SQA would take away appeals and change the universal grade percentages in the same year. It just makes our exams a lot harder to do well in which is unfair when compared with previous years. I believe the thinking behind rising the marks for an A to 85% was because of foreign competition; like in America, it's 93% for an A. Just hoping I've scored highly enough and that universities might look at a "new B" with more respect! As always, I think some subjects like English will be lower at around 80%, but who knows! They do say qualifications are dumbed down nowadays so maybe the government are trying to make them more rigorous, but who knows!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww yeah I think my teacher told me about that! I want to apply to Oxford as well so I'm really hoping I can get that high, if I get any B's then I won't be able to go i suppose

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping I've scored highly because of the new grade boundaries on Highers now. You'd wonder why the SQA would take away appeals and change the universal grade percentages in the same year. It just makes our exams a lot harder to do well in which is unfair when compared with previous years. I believe the thinking behind rising the marks for an A to 85% was because of foreign competition; like in America, it's 93% for an A. Just hoping I've scored highly enough and that universities might look at a "new B" with more respect! As always, I think some subjects like English will be lower at around 80%, but who knows! They do say qualifications are dumbed down nowadays so maybe the government are trying to make them more rigorous, but who knows!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure where this came from. Grade boundaries may be adjusted to take account of papers that candidates either found particularly difficult or easier than previously. It protects the integrity of the qualifications from year to year so they are of consistent value. Nothing to do with other countries - our qualifications are recognised internationally for their worth as they stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :D')
    The grade boundaries haven't even been put up yet. And I don't see why they would move it to 85%. A certain amount of people must get an A (25% of candidates I think) and on this basis they move the boundary up and down. If it was 85% then I would think there would be barely 10% of candidates that achieved an A
    Am I right?
    I don't see why either I think this guy was just having a bad joke but I wanted to check I hadn't missed something! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    That's really racist. Wow.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    I'm not sure where this came from. Grade boundaries may be adjusted to take account of papers that candidates either found particularly difficult or easier than previously. It protects the integrity of the qualifications from year to year so they are of consistent value. Nothing to do with other countries - our qualifications are recognised internationally for their worth as they stand.
    Oh don't worry Sam. Some people just have no empathy for others and are trying to troll on the lead up to results :rolleyes: sickening, sadistic behaviour if you ask me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    Thank you for reassuring us! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    I actually really want to take cake decorating(WHO DOESN'T LIKE CAKES ) for a fun subject maybe in 6th year but i'm gutted how my school doesn't do it.
    tbh , i think i would be the only person willing to take it at my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christopher199)
    I got my email about 1 oclock last year so here's hoping it comes at roughly the same time

Good luck everyone, I'm sure you all did great
    Oooh, fingers crossed you'll be one of the lucky ones again ::crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    Preach it, I nearly spewed when I saw that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    I actually really want to take cake decorating(WHO DOESN'T LIKE CAKES ) for a fun subject maybe in 6th year but i'm gutted how my school doesn't do it.
    tbh , i think i would be the only person willing to take it at my school.
    Surely your school can recruit Mary Berry/Ainsley Harriot to teach it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    Hi Sam! :yes: I'll be here all evening if you have any questions. Whatever happens, there's loads of us here to help you regardless of what results you get a Which Nationals/Highers are you studying? :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I severely hope they don't put english higher grading up

ReputationRep:
    I wish the sqa had a telephone line where you could just abuse or thank the markers who got your papers...

ReputationRep:
    67?? My teacher said it normally goes does to around 58 plus they dont put them out till the day I thought??

ReputationRep:
    Hi Madeleine! :welcome:

I can confirm that Higher English has the following boundaries for this year;

A (79%)
    B (67%)
    C (58%)
    D (55%)
    No Award <55%

Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know any other grade boundaries?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi Madeleine! :welcome:

I can confirm that Higher English has the following boundaries for this year;

A (79%)
    B (67%)
    C (58%)
    D (55%)
    No Award <55%

Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people really need to learn that enough is enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madeleine96)
    67?? My teacher said it normally goes does to around 58 plus they dont put them out till the day I thought??
    She's probably got mixed up with the C boundary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkP.)
    Do you know any other grade boundaries?
    No he doesn't. They won't be made available till tomorrow. This is just your typical TSR troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.