Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For those who have applied to Oxbridge: how is everyone preparing for interviews?

The more I think about potentially getting an interview, the more scared I am & the more I can't stop procrastinating!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted people's opinions on whether I am likely to get offers from Bath (twice), Bristol, Nottingham, UCL.
    My AS grades are AAAB in Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
    A2 predictions are A*A*A in Economics, Maths and FM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAthwal1)
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted people's opinions on whether I am likely to get offers from Bath (twice), Bristol, Nottingham, UCL.
    As long as your GCSE profile, PS and reference are decent, you stand a good chance at all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    that's cool
    btw what is your backup uni and have you got offers yet
    My backup uni's leeds and I've got offers from leeds and nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Warwick is a campus university?Isn't it like Manchester?I mean it's similar to Nottingham then?a campus site university
    Warwick is like ultimate campus uni, like nottingham but sort of even more so because the closest city is Coventry and that's not exactly a massive city
    It's nothing like Manchester uni from what I can remember of manc, that's like all across a main road isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
    For those who have applied to Oxbridge: how is everyone preparing for interviews?

The more I think about potentially getting an interview, the more scared I am & the more I can't stop procrastinating!!
    I'm just going to revise all my maths and economics that I've done this year and last year and keep on top of extra reading, might try and reread parts of some of the books in my ps
    But I think my school might do some prep with me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Warwick is like ultimate campus uni, like nottingham but sort of even more so because the closest city is Coventry and that's not exactly a massive city
    It's nothing like Manchester uni from what I can remember of manc, that's like all across a main road isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes Manchester uni is all across a main road.Love places like that.So I should take Warwick out of my list then?I hate campus unis.What about Bath,KCL,Bristol and UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Yes Manchester uni is all across a main road.Love places like that.So I should take Warwick out of my list then?I hate campus unis.What about Bath,KCL,Bristol and UCL?
    Warwick and bath are super campus-y like it's a fair distance to each city

Bristol is a beautiful city really nice and not a campus uni ahah

UCL and KCL are both London but UCL is more highly regarded for econ imo

Really I'd say you need to decide between London and Bristol which city you prefer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warwick and bath are super campus-y like it's a fair distance to each city

Bristol is a beautiful city really nice and not a campus uni ahah

UCL and KCL are both London but UCL is more highly regarded for econ imo

Really I'd say you need to decide between London and Bristol which city you prefer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I have my choices then.For my A* AA universities,I'll apply to either KCL/UCL and Bristol.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Unis_in_the_UK
    You might want to have a look at this!

ReputationRep:
    I think I have my choices then.For my A* AA universities,I'll apply to either KCL/UCL and Bristol.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Unis_in_the_UK
    You might want to have a look at this!
    I like how I've applied to 3 on that list and 2 collegiate ahahaha, I'm not ready for the big wide world

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Yeah pretty sure warwick offers summer internship connections with large firms, but i am not sure how competitive is warwick (i mean the ratio of successful application to total applications) My AS results are 4As and 1B with A*3As prediction
    Do you think my choices are too risky tho?
    I don't think so? Warwick's econ course is 3 years so it's not like Bath where you can do a placement year. However, Warwick is targeted by banks so in that sense yes.

Read The Economist and practice your maths and you're good to go. Literally there is no point worrying about it. The 'interview' is more of a conversation and thinking back on it now, i don't know why i was so worried. This isn't an excuse to underprepare though!

(Original post by JAthwal1)
    Hi everyone,

You'll probably get all/all but one with UCL the hardest.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't checked track all week. I know I haven't got an offer. Admissions tutors hate economists!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Haven't checked track all week. I know I haven't got an offer. Admissions tutors hate economists!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've gone for cambridge, the two London ones and Warwick right I remember seeing on the Cambridge thread right? So they're all super competitive with a bit of a wait
    What's your fifth choice? You might hear from them soonish

ReputationRep:
    You've gone for cambridge, the two London ones and Warwick right I remember seeing on the Cambridge thread right? So they're all super competitive with a bit of a wait
    What's your fifth choice? You might hear from them soonish
    My fifth choice was Surrey and I got an AAA offer. I wish I could have the replies now as I have no motivation to do school work. I think I have a better chance at Cambridge than at LSE but even so, those chances are tremendously slim for anybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    My fifth choice was Surrey and I got an AAA offer. I wish I could have the replies now as I have no motivation to do school work. I think I have a better chance at Cambridge than at LSE but even so, those chances are tremendously slim for anybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah at least with Cambridge you know when you'll hear but the other 3 are so unpredictable :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have offers for Economics at Warwick? I've got one for Bath but UCL and LSE take ages. Also, for those applying to LSE what are the 4 week and 6 week emails about if you've got that far. Cambridge is just a waiting thing so it's annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to revise all my maths and economics that I've done this year and last year and keep on top of extra reading, might try and reread parts of some of the books in my ps
    But I think my school might do some prep with me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh that's cool are you going to look at any of your stuff from other subjects? My friend from the year above said in her interview last year they asked her about like, Chemistry or Biology or whatever science she was doing? I can't for the life of me figure out why they would ask that in an economics interview though :/

ReputationRep:
    I guess we all agree that economics is the most important and useful subject to study :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's cool are you going to look at any of your stuff from other subjects? My friend from the year above said in her interview last year they asked her about like, Chemistry or Biology or whatever science she was doing? I can't for the life of me figure out why they would ask that in an economics interview though :/
    Well I only still do English Lit this year as well and I cant imagine there'd be much to say on that, nor on Chinese which I did last year, unless they were Chinese and then my poor ability would really come out

It's mainly maths I'm going to focus and keeping up to date with The Economist and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Well I only still do English Lit this year as well and I cant imagine there'd be much to say on that, nor on Chinese which I did last year, unless they were Chinese and then my poor ability would really come out

It's mainly maths I'm going to focus and keeping up to date with The Economist and stuff
    Okay, thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.