Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    My mum got my letter. She says she's not disappointed and doesn't seem angry. I'm so relieved I've started crying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seee! Glad its all ok hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Man, I need to pack enough gear to take for resits - train tomorrow - just started getting stuff together, got a lot of stuff but still got to pack it and eliminate any **** I can do without or buy when I get up there. And I haven't even had a confirmation that I have a room booked yet. Craziness. Anyone want to join me and help me out? I also want to fall asleep but have to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow to make the train too.

I do have some good news if people read this though, if I can remember it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Pizza is good

And nope it doesnt seem to be helping at all, but its helped the paranoia side :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not actually licensed to treat depression on its own but rather is recommended as an adjunctive treatment alongside an antidepressant. Glad to hear it's helped your paranoia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Wife wants to go to a bar tonight to meet with people from her course. Incredibly nervous. It went well last time, I actually spoke to one guy for over an hour it was amazing but I still worry like **** beforehand. Still, I'm never gonna get better at social interaction unless I throw myself in, however scary it is.
    I know its scary as hell, and may not make it any easier the next time but you should definitely go because it will sure as hell keep getting harder when your illness keeps forcing excuses on you!

Tldr: go, good luck

ReputationRep:
    It's not actually licensed to treat depression on its own but rather is recommended as an adjunctive treatment alongside an antidepressant. Glad to hear it's helped your paranoia.
    Yeah, the psych left no information for my dr about my fluoxetine so she took me off it to see how the quetiapine went, and its not helping at all, so i think i need to go on something, as last night was bad, and tonights awful too :sad:
    Worried that shel want to take me off the quetiapine though as the psych said 3 months then reduce, but its helped me more than anything, and dont want to go back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The ptacks paste is actually really nice, i do love proper indian food but i cant make it myself unfortunately
    Maybe I'm just spoilt, but noooo. I should really learn how to make fresh curry :teeth:

My mum got my letter. She says she's not disappointed and doesn't seem angry. I'm so relieved I've started crying

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yayyy! Trying not to say I told you so!!!

Bet you're glad compared to a few nights ago

(Original post by scaryscience)
    x
    :lovehug:

(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    x
    Where did you travel off to in the end?!

ReputationRep:
    **** sake, back here again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    **** sake, back here again
    What's wrong laura soprano?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the psych left no information for my dr about my fluoxetine so she took me off it to see how the quetiapine went, and its not helping at all, so i think i need to go on something, as last night was bad, and tonights awful too :sad:
    Worried that shel want to take me off the quetiapine though as the psych said 3 months then reduce, but its helped me more than anything, and dont want to go back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A good doctor will listen to her patient. If you feel the quetiapine is really helping you and you don't want to stop she should be able to see this and take your opinion into account.

Do you have any prn drugs you could take when things are particularly bad? I take diazepam when things turn bad and it helps a fair amount.

(Original post by samba)
    I know its scary as hell, and may not make it any easier the next time but you should definitely go because it will sure as hell keep getting harder when your illness keeps forcing excuses on you!

Tldr: go, good luck
    Thanks dude I know what you mean about it getting harder the longer I put it off. And hey it's a bar with a large selection of ciders so I can always have a few to grease the wheels so to speak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    What's wrong laura soprano?!
    where did that name come from? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    A good doctor will listen to her patient. If you feel the quetiapine is really helping you and you don't want to stop she should be able to see this and take your opinion into account.

Do you have any prn drugs you could take when things are particularly bad? I take diazepam when things turn bad and it helps a fair amount.

Thanks dude I know what you mean about it getting harder the longer I put it off. And hey it's a bar with a large selection of ciders so I can always have a few to grease the wheels so to speak
    Yeah i imagine she will, just worried about this psych thats never met me wanting me off them, i havnt had any awful paranoia since i started them!

Nope, nothing, my dr was hoping that the mental health team would kinda take over as they know what there doing more than her, and shed rather me get the right treatment than semi ok treatment. But they didnt want anything to do with me so shes doing her best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    where did that name come from? :lol:
    "effing and blinding like the sopranos" :lol: Or maybe you're just a straight up G!

Jup, plus you know fine well that once you get a few down you and the initial anxiety wears off you'll like that a great time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    "effing and blinding like the sopranos" :lol: Or maybe you're just a straight up G!

Jup, plus you know fine well that once you get a few down you and the initial anxiety wears off you'll like that a great time!
    no idea what you're talking about with the first bit haha. I need my bed

ReputationRep:
    no idea what you're talking about with the first bit haha. I need my bed
    You've not seen the sopranos? :p: It's actually half decent! The Sopranos = a mafia family! They swear a lot though :lol:

Your bed needs you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You've not seen the sopranos? :p: It's actually half decent! The Sopranos = a mafia family! They swear a lot though :lol:

Your bed needs you too.
    no, i haven't haha. Makes sense, i swear a lot too!
    bed, i am in you.

ReputationRep:
    no, i haven't haha. Makes sense, i swear a lot too!
    bed, i am in you.
    kinda ruined the already bad joke having to explain it though :lol:

Be gentle with the bed; make sure it enjoys you 'in' there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    kinda ruined the already bad joke having to explain it though :lol:

Be gentle with the bed; make sure it enjoys you 'in' there!
    sorry and it definitely does, there's plenty of room

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome. So glad to hear it went well for you.

Seee! Glad its all ok hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by samba)
    Maybe I'm just spoilt, but noooo. I should really learn how to make fresh curry :teeth:

Yayyy! Trying not to say I told you so!!!

Bet you're glad compared to last -a few nights ago
    Thanks guys :jumphug: I'm so surprised and relieved and happy I haven't felt this light and unburdened in months!

Today had ended up being a good day,
    got this stuff with parents straightened out, met friends for dinner (including people I'd never met in person before) and had a nice meal, and at work multiple customers complimented me on how cheery and nice I am when serving people

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys :jumphug: I'm so surprised and relieved and happy I haven't felt this light and unburdened in months!

Today had ended up being a good day,
    got this stuff with parents straightened out, met friends for dinner (including people I'd never met in person before) and had a nice meal, and at work multiple customers complimented me on how cheery and nice I am when serving people
    yay Friend thing seems far more minor now eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    yay Friend thing seems far more minor now eh? :p:
    Yeah I'll still have to deal with it at some point but right now I'm too happy to stress about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.