Turn on thread page Beta

The Liverpool FC Thread XII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    he still can't get his bib on!
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    So with Markovic and Lallana back from injury and Balotelli in the squad, we can finally go back to our best midfield trio (Gerrard/Hendo/Coutinho).

If Balotelli is ready we'll presumably go with a diamond with Sterling behind the two up top. If not, then I would have Markovic and Sterling either side of Sturridge in a 4-3-3. Either way, I hope Lallana is fit enough to get the last 30 minutes... I really think he'll be a star player here.

Obviously in defence, Manquillo will come in for Johnson. Sounds like Skrtel and Moreno will probably be fit, but if not Sakho can come in and I suppose either Enrique or Flanagan will have to be rushed back from injury. If not then maybe Toure can come in and Sakho can go to left back, or maybe Can can play LB. At least we now have the depth to cope with injuries in defence.

ReputationRep:
    okay guys i'm bored so i'm gonna be a bit sad and do fifa 15 rating predictions.
    completely pointless since predictions mean nothing, but why not.
    doesn't really mean much, but just seeing your team being 5 star for an entire year on the game would be cool; something we haven't experienced for a good few years.

these are pretty low end predictions to counteract for my personal bias towards players in our team
    only did ratings for players that we're likely to use (unless i've missed somebody).

mignolet - 82
    moreno - 78
    lovren - 81
    skrtel - 82
    manquillo - 76
    gerrard - 83
    henderson - 80
    sterling - 80
    coutinho - 81
    sturridge - 84
    balotelli - 83

reina - 80
    sakho - 81
    agger - 80
    toure - 77
    enrique - 78
    johnson - 76
    flanagan - 75
    can - 78
    allen - 79
    lucas - 79
    markovic - 78
    lallana - 80
    lambert - 78
    borini - 77

not sure if a 5 star team works on subs too, but we'd definitely be borderline even on my low predictions
    honestly i'd be pissed if sterling and henderson are anything below 80.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    okay guys i'm bored so i'm gonna be a bit sad and do fifa 15 rating predictions.
    completely pointless since predictions mean nothing, but why not.
    doesn't really mean much, but just seeing your team being 5 star for an entire year on the game would be cool; something we haven't experienced for a good few years.

these are pretty low end predictions to counteract for my personal bias towards players in our team
    only did ratings for players that we're likely to use (unless i've missed somebody).

mignolet - 82
    moreno - 78
    lovren - 81
    skrtel - 82
    manquillo - 76
    gerrard - 83
    henderson - 80
    sterling - 80
    coutinho - 81
    sturridge - 84
    balotelli - 83

reina - 80
    sakho - 81
    agger - 80
    toure - 77
    enrique - 78
    johnson - 76
    flanagan - 75
    can - 78
    allen - 79
    lucas - 79
    markovic - 78
    lallana - 80
    lambert - 78
    borini - 77

not sure if a 5 star team works on subs too, but we'd definitely be borderline even on my low predictions
    honestly i'd be pissed if sterling and henderson are anything below 80.
    This is mine, lol

Mignolet - 82
    Moreno- 80
    Lovren- 84
    Skrtel- 83
    Manquillo-75

Sturridge- 85/86

Heskey- 99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelPhys)
    This is mine, lol

Mignolet - 82
    Moreno- 80
    Lovren- 84
    Skrtel- 83
    Manquillo-75

Sturridge- 85/86

Heskey- 99
    i was about to criticise, but heskey 99 saved it for you.

he has nothing on Lord Bendtner though, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i was about to criticise, but heskey 99 saved it for you.

he has nothing on Lord Bendtner though, sorry.
    Lololol.

ReputationRep:
    lolol. Toure and Balotelli having fun, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelPhys)
    lolol. Toure and Balotelli having fun, lol.
    Lol. I don't think I've ever seen Balotelli smile before. lolol. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Lol, omg. I seen him do it loads, lol.

ReputationRep:
    MK Dons!

I'm still not sold on playing with 2 strikers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Best thing I've ever seen.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Middelsborugh at Anfield then. League cup 3rd round.

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is the CL draw, I hope we get the group of death. I want to see us play the best of Europe.

Bring on those awesome CL nights at Anfield!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Tomorrow is the CL draw, I hope we get the group of death. I want to see us play the best of Europe.

Bring on those awesome CL nights at Anfield!!
    what time/channel?

i'm seriously buzzing for it.

it's a win/win for me
    a gorup of death would test us and we might pull off a shock - if not who cares since we were in a hard group?
    an easy group means we'd probably get through in to knock out rounds, picking up good coefficient points; get knocked out and just have the league to focus on.

the europa league wouldn't be worrth it unless we won imo :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    the europa league wouldn't be worrth it unless we won imo :/
    Yeah if we end up in the Europa League we should play to win it, seeing as the winner goes into the CL next season anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    MK Dons!

I'm still not sold on playing with 2 strikers.
    We've always played considerably better with 2 strikers unless the lone striker was Suarez. We've won considerable games with Sturridge leading the line but never to the same degree, it was usually 1-0's etc.
    It may have started as something BR was forced to do but it's deffo the best for us.

I don't even think there's much of an argument that playing with 2 strikers is better for us. Recently we've looked toothless and lacked forward presence without the second and even on Monday we only scored (own goal) when Lambert was on. Without him there was nobody in the middle if Sturridge ever pressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Yeah if we end up in the Europa League we should play to win it, seeing as the winner goes into the CL next season anyway.
    exactly - we wouldn't have to worry about the league at all.
    however if united don't improve soon i don't think there's much to worry about really...

(Original post by So Instinct)
    We've always played considerably better with 2 strikers unless the lone striker was Suarez. We've won considerable games with Sturridge leading the line but never to the same degree, it was usually 1-0's etc.
    It may have started as something BR was forced to do but it's deffo the best for us.

I don't even think there's much of an argument that playing with 2 strikers is better for us. Recently we've looked toothless and lacked forward presence without the second and even on Monday we only scored (own goal) when Lambert was on. Without him there was nobody in the middle if Sturridge ever pressed.
    i agree - i think with 2 quality strikers playing off one another, we will have so much more presence up front.
    obviously we score a great deal of our goals through the use of wide players like sterling making runs however if we have two strong, deadly strikers forming a good partnership, we could be lethal up front.

ReputationRep:
    CL Draw:

16.45 BST, Thursday, August 28. Sky Sports or on the UEFA website.

We' re in pot 3 with Galatasaray, Sporting Lisbon, Leverkusen, Olypiakos, Moscow, Ajax, and Napoli. Which means would face the follow from:

Pot 1: Real Madrid, Munich, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, Benfica, Porto

Pot 2: Schalke, Dortmund, Juventus, PSG, Shakhtar, Basel, Zenit.

Pot 4: Anderlecht, Roma, Steaua Bucharest, APOEL FC, Maribor, BATE Borisov, Monaco, Malmo, Ludogorets Razgrad, Besiktas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    CL Draw:

16.45 BST, Thursday, August 28. Sky Sports or on the UEFA website.

We' re in pot 3 with Galatasaray, Sporting Lisbon, Leverkusen, Olypiakos, Moscow, Ajax, and Napoli. Which means would face the follow from:

Pot 1: Real Madrid, Munich, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, Benfica, Porto

Pot 2: Schalke, Dortmund, Juventus, PSG, Shakhtar, Basel, Zenit.

Pot 4: Anderlecht, Roma, Steaua Bucharest, APOEL FC, Maribor, BATE Borisov, Monaco, Malmo, Ludogorets Razgrad, Besiktas.
    thanks man

i think the hardest group (for us) imo would be barca, juventus and roma
    barca simply because suarez would 100% score against us
    juve because they're bossing it in italy
    roma because i didn't have a clue which 4th seed was best so i guessed...

easiest imo would be porto, basel and more or less any 4th seed except monaco, roma and besiktas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    thanks man

i think the hardest group (for us) imo would be barca, juventus and roma
    barca simply because suarez would 100% score against us
    juve because they're bossing it in italy
    roma because i didn't have a clue which 4th seed was best so i guessed...

easiest imo would be porto, basel and more or less any 4th seed except monaco, roma and besiktas.
    Suarez won't make the group stages? He's still banned unless I've missed something.

Real would be worse than Barca, they'd tear our fullbacks apart. The mighty Glen Johnson fending of Bale/Ronaldo. If Suarez is back then it's probs worse for sentimental reasons, part of me wants it though :lol:
    I'd put PSG above Juve too if Zlatan is back from his injury.
    Monoco above Roma too probs, though this is just from reputation and the fact they have Falcao, though that could change. Don't know how they've done without Hhhamez

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.