Any Psychology firmers?
Aljabra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by binarythoughts)
I'm not sold either
It's literally my best offer as well so I don't know what to do, why aren't you sold on it!
physicshelper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just got my computer science offer :P
A in further maths and A in physics
liass
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sold either
(Original post by Aljabra)
Will most people here be likely to firm UCL because I have an offer but I'm not 100% certain on the university can somebody sell it to me
It really depends on your courses, some courses in UCL are amazing whilst others are better elsewhere. I suggest researching it
binarythoughts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's literally my best offer as well so I don't know what to do, why aren't you sold on it!

From what I've researched and know, it doesn't appeal to me that much
And yeah ranking-wise it's my best offer but I'm just not that keen on it
Rifleboy123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Will most people here be likely to firm UCL because I have an offer but I'm not 100% certain on the university can somebody sell it to me
I'm not sold either
At the end of the day, your firm choice should be somewhere where you'll be happy to study for the next 4 years rather than somewhere respected and high in the league tables where you'll be miserable. I'm turning down my highest offer (Imperial) because I realised I really don't want to stay in London after being here all my life and in the long term I wouldn't be too happy.
egdargi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hadrien_dc)
Sent my application off in november as well. Portico still says "application received". Getting anxious
Same, sent my application in november and still waiting. I didn't even receive the questionnaire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rifleboy123)
At the end of the day, your firm choice should be somewhere where you'll be happy to study for the next 4 years rather than somewhere respected and high in the league tables where you'll be miserable. I'm turning down my highest offer (Imperial) because I realised I really don't want to stay in London after being here all my life and in the long term I wouldn't be too happy.
Yeah you're so right! It's not ucl as such it's the thought of being a student in london
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From what I've researched and know, it doesn't appeal to me that much
And yeah ranking-wise it's my best offer but I'm just not that keen on it
What have you applied for? See for my course it's 8th best in the world so I should really accept the offer I just don't know
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What have you applied for? See for my course it's 8th best in the world so I should really accept the offer I just don't know
Law
Like someone else mentioned, don't choose it just because it's highly ranked. If you feel you won't enjoy yourself or if the course isn't best suited to you, consider your other offers.
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Law
Like someone else mentioned, don't choose it just because it's highly ranked. If you feel you won't enjoy yourself or if the course isn't best suited to you, consider your other offers.
Haha the problem is the rest rejected me
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha the problem is the rest rejected me

Then I suppose you don't have a choice unless you're considering a gap year
What were your other choices?
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Then I suppose you don't have a choice unless you're considering a gap year
What were your other choices?
Ox n durham (rejections) I do have an offer from bristol but not so keen either and still waiting on one more
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ox n durham (rejections) I do have an offer from bristol but not so keen either and still waiting on one more

I didn't get into Oxford either
Anyway good luck!
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't get into Oxford either
Anyway good luck!
The interview was great but yeah same! You too
sr234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's your offer for?
When I went to the open day everyone was so friendly. It seems quite social especially in first year since most of the student said their workload was ''very manageable'' so they have quite a lot of free time. There are certain advantages to firming e.g. I met someone who's offer was A*AA and he got A*AB and got in, they are pretty lenient if you miss your offer.
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr234)
What's your offer for?
When I went to the open day everyone was so friendly. It seems quite social especially in first year since most of the student said their workload was ''very manageable'' so they have quite a lot of free time. There are certain advantages to firming e.g. I met someone who's offer was A*AA and he got A*AB and got in, they are pretty lenient if you miss your offer.
It's for philosophy and modern languages! Ah I haven't ever seen it on an open day only really seen the buildings/campus so I'm basing my decision on that and also on people who I know who study there! Really should see it properly. Do you have an offer?
sr234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's for philosophy and modern languages! Ah I haven't ever seen it on an open day only really seen the buildings/campus so I'm basing my decision on that and also on people who I know who study there! Really should see it properly. Do you have an offer?
Ah cool! Yh I have an offer for economics.
Don't know if I'm firming yet. Yh you should definitely visit, especially if you haven't been to London. I live in a small city so London is very different and it's a case of personal preference whether you would like it there!
Aljabra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr234)
Ah cool! Yh I have an offer for economics.
Don't know if I'm firming yet. Yh you should definitely visit, especially if you haven't been to London. I live in a small city so London is very different and it's a case of personal preference whether you would like it there!
Where else do you have offers from did you get a good vibe from ucl on the open day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.73%
No - but I will (104)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise