Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinnerwithdahmer)
    Did anyone compare Sister Maude with Brothers?
    I would have chosen Manhunt but sadly, it was the one poem I didn't actually revise. Sister Maude I wasn't too confident with either as I'd mainly prepared for a THCM/Hour comparison. Panicking over here.
    i did the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Manhunt with Quickdraw!! 5 minutes pondering about what to compare it with and looks like i have done alright
    Did u do manhunt and QuickDraw, what did u talk about I talked about the structure of QuickDraw being irregular then regular suggesting ambiguity along with the repetition at the end, form for both and repetition, imagery, enjambment and other stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie_xxxoo)
    Yes there was a question about this on the foundation paper
    Ah, ok! Didn't realise you did the foundation paper :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    i did the same
    Yay! It wasn't too obscure after all, what a relief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffiee)
    Did u do manhunt and QuickDraw, what did u talk about I talked about the structure of QuickDraw being irregular then regular suggesting ambiguity along with the repetition at the end, form for both and repetition, imagery, enjambment and other stuff
    For quick draw I spoke about- 4 quatrains, 2 had a damaged pattern reflecting on the relation ship, the metaphor of silver bullet, compared with metal feaotus from manhunt. Enjambment etc... And more but cant remember like imagery and repititon etc...

ReputationRep:
    I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?

ReputationRep:
    For quick draw I spoke about- 4 quatrains, 2 had a damaged pattern reflecting on the relation ship, the metaphor of silver bullet, compared with metal feaotus from manhunt. Enjambment etc... And more but cant remember like imagery and repititon etc...
    Same what do you hope to get and what did u put for the unseen

ReputationRep:
    Same what do you hope to get and what did u put for the unseen
    Hoping for an A minimum I guess and for the unseen- Repetition, 3 octaves, 1 good thing from the list per octave e.g. smile, laugh, indicating that she was in love or she wouldn't be smiling, I spoke about much more but I cant remember what but I feel it went okay. I MISSED THE RYME SCHEME so slight annoyed about that.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stows66)
    What poems did people compare Brendan Gallacher with?
    Medusa

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for an A minimum I guess and for the unseen- Repetition, 3 octaves, 1 good thing from the list per octave e.g. smile, laugh, indicating that she was in love or she wouldn't be smiling, I spoke about much more but I cant remember what but I feel it went okay. I MISSED THE RYME SCHEME so slight annoyed about that.

How about you?
    Yeah I talked about repetition as well. Also about the form the look of it doesn't seem to change suggesting the speakers love towards the person is constant. I also talked about cliche in the weak knees it allows us to relate to her love and because it is used to often it tells us that what she feels is normal for love. Also how the positive out ways the negatives etC

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I talked about repetition as well. Also about the form the look of it doesn't seem to change suggesting the speakers love towards the person is constant. I also talked about cliche in the weak knees it allows us to relate to her love and because it is used to often it tells us that what she feels is normal for love. Also how the positive out ways the negatives etC
    That sounds v good, I hope we both get the grades we want and deserve.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds v good, I hope we both get the grades we want and deserve.
    So do I !! 😀😁 Good luck for this exam and the rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannaawhitee)
    How much did everyone write for each question?!
    I wrote 3 and a half for the first and 2 pages for the second you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannaawhitee)
    How much did everyone write for each question?!
    I meant sides not pages

ReputationRep:
    So do I !! 😀😁 Good luck for this exam and the rest
    And the same to you !

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the unseen poem???

ReputationRep:
    For the damaged relationships did anyone else do manhunt and sister maude??????????

ReputationRep:
    !!!!!!

I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its fine if I explained how they use places to express their ideas (e.g. use farmland to express the giving/taking of life and use Earth to express human existence etc) instead of saying how places are affected by conflict? They just said how speaker uses places to present ideas.
    I also mentioned life being lost on battlefield (thats considered a place right?)

ReputationRep:
    Manhunt- rhyme scheme AbbA ?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.