Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    No, but I'm a physics first year so feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

Anytime between your UCAS submission and the deadline really. I think that the majority get handed out in the christmas holidays
    Can I just ask what is Durham like in your opinion?
    I am slightly apprehensive as I have heard that, excluding the castle, the place is not that great?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snasher350)
    Can I just ask what is Durham like in your opinion?
    I am slightly apprehensive as I have heard that, excluding the castle, the place is not that great?
    It's absoklutely ****ing amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparster)
    Nope not English, Geography. I did Maths Economics Latin Geography. And uh Cicero killed me. Horrendously boring tbh and my teacher for Ovid (I think???) was literally bonkers. Not making excuses cause I got an A but yeah dodgy subject last year and yet I am still doing it this year #logic.
    BA or BSc ? Have you heard yet & what's your UMS like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluev0dca)
    what subjects did you take for A Levels?

also, are you going for Bsc or Ba? :-)
    Congrats, what are your UMS scores like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha2420)
    BA or BSc ? Have you heard yet & what's your UMS like
    BA, Got an offer for AAA. UMS was 93% average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    It's absoklutely ****ing amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How's chemistry? How long did it take for them to give you an offer last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a sidenote; I really can't say a bad word fro Durham's admin dept. They have dealt with my queries so incredibly well and been very thorough in their dealings with myself and the myriad of questions I had for them. Although it is not clear how long I will be waiting to hear from them, I am at least confident that I can contact them regarding anything I'm not sure of at any time.
    If you want answers, do contact them, they respond to emails quite quickly and are incredibly good on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    How's chemistry? How long did it take for them to give you an offer last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    chemistry is good. I applied late October and got an offer late Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tk2631)
    offer for history!
    Well done!! Super jealous! What are your predicted grades etc and when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    Any other International relations applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!! I take the IB and have 41 points predicted, but I applied way back on September 23rd.
    About a month earlier than me then! How does the IB compare?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for English yet? I sent mine off on the 30th November.

ReputationRep:
    Offer!!!!! Chemistry (Industrial) offer AA since I already achieved an A* in maths. So excited. University college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyril1448)
    Offer!!!!! Chemistry (Industrial) offer AA since I already achieved an A* in maths. So excited. University college
    Congrats bro, I'll see you there if I get one too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FSel97)
    Has anyone got an offer for History yet? ☺️
    I want one so much, the wait is killing me!!!

ReputationRep:
    offer for history!
    Congrats! When did you send your application/when did you get your offer? Also, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susie2998)
    Has anyone got an offer for English yet? I sent mine off on the 30th November.
    Hi, yeah I got an offer for English about 2 and a half weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    Congrats! aha thanks tho idk if they just want the grades!
    Thank you! Yeah I think they take a holistic view to everything. If you have a strong, enthusiastic personal statement alongside those AS marks you should hopefully be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawleyg)
    Ah well done, when did you send your application off? But no I haven't yet, sent mine off less than two weeks ago but just wanted a vague idea of how long it'll be because I haven't heard anyone mention that they've received an offer yet
    Thank you! I send it late September as I was applying for an early deadline so I was very early in. In their first email to me they said they wouldn't give out offers till after the January deadline 'in interest of fairness' so I was really shocked when I got it. They usually take quite a while so I've heard so I wouldn't worry too much about it. All the best for it, I hope you get a positive response back soon

ReputationRep:
    Have an offer for physics I got this evening - any other physicists here?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.